Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden

Go down 
+3
Witchfinder
the sentinel
corplhicks
7 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Empty
PostSubject: BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden   BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:27 pm

Live After Death

BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Latest?cb=20120730080105

Recorded 8, 9, 10 and 12 October 1984 at Hammersmith Odeon, London; and 14–17 March 1985 at Long Beach Arena, Ca.
Released 14 Oct 1985
Produced by Martin Birch

Tunes

Aces High
Two Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed be They Name
Iron Maiden
Run to the Hills
Running Free
Wrathchild
22 Acacia Ave.
Children of the Damned
Die With Your Boots On
Phantom of the Opera

Being that Live After Death is a necessary, classic, and sacred live album, I felt obligated to include it in these polls. I went with 2 Minutes. The energy and intensity of that song is splendid here.

Since this is a bonus round I didn't bother publishing it as a poll. Besides, the max # entries is 15 and we have 17 tracks to work with.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden   BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:32 pm

I really like the way Bruce intros "Revelations" about hanging a pair of curtains and at the end you hear an audience member yell mother#cker. Great show. Probably my all time fave live album.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden   BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:34 pm

I think Bruce is out of tune on a lot of this album, but I still love it. My favorite is "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden   BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I think Bruce is out of tune on a lot of this album, but I still love it. My favorite is "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner."

Yeah even Bruce himself admitted that his voice was shot at this point of the tour, and was a bit weak on the album. It's kind of odd that they chose Long Beach, a date toward the end of the tour, for the majority of LAD. Why not stick to a show earlier on--like Hammersmith--when he's not so worn? Although props to the band for keeping the overdubs minimal.

I love the pick against the strings mimicking a creaking ship on Rime.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden   BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I love the pick against the strings mimicking a creaking ship on Rime.

That is so cool!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden   BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 11:58 pm

"And the moral of this story is this is what not to do if a bird..."

Such a popular album, it seems everyone had this one.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden   BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 12:13 am

They recorded Long Beach because they wanted me to be on the record.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden   BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 12:53 pm

James B. wrote:
They recorded Long Beach because they wanted me to be on the record.

Wait, you were there?? If so, it's time to pop on the video for a game of Where's Waldo James! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden   BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 1:35 pm

To be honest, I only really enjoy watching this show; listening to the album leaves me feeling a bit empty.

I recorded this on DVDr from a showing on some random concert doc-channel, oh probably, 8 years ago or so, and can remember just being blown away. Adrian and Dave's twin guitar being pulled off live, Bruce's stage antics and vocals, Steve's rumbling galloping bass, and Nicko's insane drumming all came together perfectly to leave 11-year old me in awe. And it still kicks ass, unlike most other musical acts middle schoolers enjoy, haha.

Flight of Icarus is my favorite track from here. Just a killer performance.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden   BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 7:09 pm

One of the greatest live albums ever, released after the live album era was over. Tough choice, but probably Rime, played at a frantic pace. Phantom is the top choice from the Hammersmith tracks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden   BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BONUS CUT: Best Tune on "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden
Page 1 of 1