Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mortification - Blood World

Go down 
+20
Sutekh
nevermore
Dave the Boss
mc666
MetalH
ryanmetalman
powermacho
GrandNational
stepcousin
akeldama
Troublezone
exact33
stevegarveyfan
Stender
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
325ad
Thrasher73
ultmetal
mr.electric39
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Mortification - Blood World Empty
PostSubject: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:32 pm

I just listened to Blood World for the first time and this records is simply powerful... Full on Thrash.... FULL ON....

Curious why all the haters out there..... Is it just me, but as I listen here it plows away and just rips...

This is the Metal Mind version.... some cool bonus tracks as well....

thoughts?

Mortification - Blood World 506406
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:35 pm

I'm no hater. I dig Blood World. Mortification - Blood World 11840

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:41 pm

I like it just fine.Lots better than some of their other releases
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I like it just fine.Lots better than some of their other releases

+1 Mortification - Blood World 604261
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:11 pm

I have always loved Blood World.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:43 pm

I SEE

YOUR LIFE

YOU'RE GOING NOWHERE

I SEE

YOUR LIFE

ARE YOU IN DESPAIIRR

that's a good one, a few others too, but a lot of this record kind of sounds extremely samey in dynamics... it could have been a lot more explosive than it is. And the mix is very 'flat' somehow, makes me think of how 'Youthanasia' is mixed....the sound isn't appealing to me..
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:12 pm

some good songs on it. This one and hammer of god are definately standouts more so than some of the later morty albums in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Not a horrible album, but you have to remember that some of us were used to Jayson Sherlock's drumming, and then Phil Gibson's on the Blood World album. The drumming, while solid, just wasn't the same. And the overall style was such a departure from that to which I had become accustomed. Not a bad album, but it doesn't grab me like the first three.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Bloodworld is a good cd.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:54 pm

I can't say I was too pleased about how the media blitz for 'Blood World' at the time overshadowed the release of my first solo album, incidentally titled 'Butt World'. A lot of people did the judge-a-book-by-it's-cover on that one, but really, it's their loss if they're too lazy to plunge into the concept.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I can't say I was too pleased about how the media blitz for 'Blood World' at the time overshadowed the release of my first solo album, incidentally titled 'Butt World'. A lot of people did the judge-a-book-by-it's-cover on that one, but really, it's their loss if they're too lazy to plunge into the concept.

have intense millenium reissue it so the masses can get a chance to hear the forgotten classic.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:00 pm

The record companies are with me on the reissue idea until it gets to my idea for how I want the digipak to open up, then my inbox just flatlines.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
'Butt World'.
That would be a funny album cover, is the moon shot from a man or a woman? Mortification - Blood World Lol
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
The record companies are with me on the reissue idea until it gets to my idea for how I want the digipak to open up, then my inbox just flatlines.

damn suits just dont know what the fans want. Mortification - Blood World Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:44 pm

325ad wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
'Butt World'.
That would be a funny album cover, is the moon shot from a man or a woman? Mortification - Blood World Lol

Unfortunately I couldn't answer that for you... I like the fans to get their own meaning out of my art.... what it is to you, you know..
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:06 am

I like a couple songs from Blood World but overall i didn't like the direction they went in and the production was dull IMO. And it wasn't the same without Jayson Sherlock.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:08 am

I've been jamming Blood World a lot this whole week! Symbiosis is prolly my fave song off the album.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:02 am

I always loved Blood World. To me it's kind of a bridge between the old Morty and the mid-to-late 90's Morty with Lincoln Bowen and Kieth Bannister, which I also loved too. Blood World was an important album cuz we all know most line-ups dont stay together forever and Steve needed to prove to himself and his fans that whatever it took, Mortification would persevere.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:39 am

Stender wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

have intense millenium reissue it so the masses can get a chance to hear the forgotten classic.

metal mind just re-issued it last year i think.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:16 pm

I like BW, the vocals I think are the weakest link compared to what came before it, but good for Steve for always branching out.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:46 pm

it was the first extreme christian metal album I ever heard back in 1998 or 1999. So this is a very special album to me. I haven't listen to it in years but I remember it had some great songs like "YOUR LIFE","BLOOD WORLD" AND "STARLIGHT"
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:55 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
Not a horrible album, but you have to remember that some of us were used to Jayson Sherlock's drumming, and then Phil Gibson's on the Blood World album. The drumming, while solid, just wasn't the same. And the overall style was such a departure from that to which I had become accustomed. Not a bad album, but it doesn't grab me like the first three.

Exactly. And I think a lot of it had to do with the timing. While it is a good album, before this record was released, Morty was "labeled" as death metal. Obviously there was more to it than that, but a lot of fans lost interest because of the change in musical direction. The thunderous drums ended and Steve stopped growling with that one. Mort put out two of their heaviest records with "Scrolls" and "Post-momentary." The very next album was "Blood World."
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:09 pm

When I first heard Bloodworld I was a little shocked. I mean c'mon, I'd been rocking out to the S/T and Scrolls for a long time! I love BW now, but on first listen I was a little thrown off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:56 am

I thought Blood World was the natural progression from Post Momentary Affliction. Steve had started mixing in more of the shouted vocals on that album and had brought in a lot of Manowar influences on that album. Blood World just continued to explore those ideas, only deeper IMO.

Really, the only Mort album I don't care that much for is Silver String is Severed, but even that one has a handful of songs I like.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:30 am

after their first 3 albums, they've always been hit or miss for me. no real bad albums, but none all that great either.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Blood World   Mortification - Blood World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortification - Blood World
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next