Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...

Go down 
+19
Thrasher73
manny
Boris2008
nevermore
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Eyesore
Glower
martinsane
Hadley
glassprison
mikeinfla
Dark Horseman
John Madden
tohostudios
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
Big Rich
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 5:58 am

manny wrote:
I can't really think of any, if I liked it as a teen, than I probably still like it, including 'Metal Health'

Yeah, I fall into that category as well.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 8:38 am

Some of these albums I would agree with that have been mentioned, but I wasn't immersed with those when they first came out. Two albums that I definitely was and thought they were great in my teens, were Turbo and Ram It Down. I haven't listened to either in a very long time and don't long to. The nostalgia factor regarding Turbo might make me smile, because of the good times with my buds back in 1986. Having said that, it's not a good album. Yes, "Out In the Cold" is a fantastic tune and there are a couple of other tracks on it that have some staying power.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 11:24 am

So when will there be a separate thread for us non-wankers?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 3:21 am

Lari wrote:

LOL I was wondering how to address that from the get-go and you nailed it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 12:03 pm

If you're in the HOM you're a wanker. Just accept it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Proudly! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 3:33 pm

I'm a wanker, you're a wanker, he's a wanker, she's a wanker, wouldn't you like to be a wanker too?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 3:36 pm

Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 499945
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 7:25 pm

Lari wrote:

There are no non-wankers 'round these here parts.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 2:19 am

tohostudios wrote:
Blind Guardian - Nightfall In Middle Earth

At one time I thought this was one of the best albums I'd ever heard.  Now I find the whole thing way too ponderous and pretentious.  I don't think the album has aged badly; it's more like my musical tastes have changed drastically from those days.

Dis-honorable mention - all things Nightwish.  Same thing as BG.

BTW, I know those aren't albums I listened to as a teenager but they're albums I used to like but don't like now.  I wasn't allowed to listen to rock music until I was about 15 so I don't really have a proper frame of reference to strictly adhere to the title of the thread so I did the next best thing.

Oh, Toho, I don't know what to do with you.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 8:16 am

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 9:22 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 647664
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Quote :
Kiss- Animalize

I loved that album back in the day. I can’t remember the last time I listened to it but the only song I would care to hear again would be Heavens on Fire.

I listened to this one the other day. I like Heaven's on Fire, but these days I actually prefer the re-recorded version that was released with Sonic Boom. The sound just has more density to it. On Animalize the only song that stood out to me this time was "Under the Gun." I like the speed and energy on that one. Otherwise the album is lackluster at best.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 4:10 am

Okay, a couple more...

Poison - Look What the Cat Dragged In (B/F)
Autograph - The album with Turn Up the Radio (B/D+)
Van Halen - Balance (a very forced and fanboyish A-/C+)
Ozzy - No More Tears (A+/A-, just a hair, getting close to B+ though)
Tesla - Psychotic Supper (A+/A-)
Skid Row - Subhuman Race (B+/C+)
White Lion - Pride (A/B+)
Queensryche - Empire (A+/B)

I also remember when listening to Def Leppard was enjoyable. Yet those albums have become a bit of a chore to revisit.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 11:26 am

I didn't spend a lot of time with Balance, except for Can't Stop Loving You, so now it seems kind of fresh to me. Not an A but probably a B. I think White Lion has slipped for me, hasn't held up as well as some from that time.
Steelheart is one I was thinking of that hasn't held up too well.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 3:56 pm

To finally answer this question:

I went through a phase in the mid-90s with nu/rap-type metal. So some of those that I listened to a lot but grew out of. I was in my 20s by then.

Besides that, everything I loved as a teen I seem to still like/love. And once I started in my early 30s really expanding my metal research beyond what I knew as a teen, I've been pickier with my choices, so if I loved it I probably still love it.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 4:11 pm

Poison - Slip of the Tongue. I thought that album was so awesome in high school. Good Lord, that thing is cringe-worthy-embarrassing now. LOL
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 4:30 pm

I just don't get Poison. I could spend an entire thread pointing out their deficiencies. Slip of the Tongue is their worst IMO, at least out of what I've heard. I bought that album behind my mom's back and hid it under my bed. She found it, gave a searing lecture, and threw it away. To this day I thank her for that last part.

Dark Horseman wrote:
I think White Lion has slipped for me, hasn't held up as well as some from that time.
Steelheart is one I was thinking of that hasn't held up too well.

For me it's Mike Tramp's voice and the rather anemic production. The more I listen to Pride, or any WL for that matter, the more I realize his voice just isn't very dynamic.

Steelheart was and is an album I find bittersweet. My opinion hasn't really changed. My first exposure was a cassette single of She's Gone. That song rocked my world. I also thought the cover art to the debut was killer. I finally scooped it up one day and took my first listen, and my response was "cool, could be a LOT cooler." The talent on that album is undeniable, as well as the songwriting, but it was a tad bit too much sugar and sweets. Today it's enjoyable yet ramps up my blood sugar too much for subsequent spins. If that makes sense.

scottmitchell74 wrote:
To finally answer this question:

I went through a phase in the mid-90s with nu/rap-type metal. So some of those that I listened to a lot but grew out of. I was in my 20s by then.

Another good question to ask everyone here is what genre was once loved but now is held in personal detest. Like I said, I spent about a year in my 20's, post-breakup, with emo music. Thought it was brilliant. Relevant. Mature. Hahahahahaha, right? I look back at it now as a very embarrassing time in my life. Grew out of it pretty fast tho.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Ummm... Slip of the Tongue is the name of a Whitesnake album, not a Poison album... so are you guys talkin' about the Snake, or a different Poison record?

Side note; holy crap-a-moley, T-Roy returneth! Where you been homeboy?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 4:58 pm

^^LOL correction, Open Up and Say Ah, shows how much T-Roy and I enjoy Poison. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 5:04 pm

Poison's Flesh and Blood is kind of a fun album, not one I listen to much but enjoyable for what it is.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 5:11 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Poison's Flesh and Blood is kind of a fun album, not one I listen to much but enjoyable for what it is.

I've picked up a couple of their albums on the cheap at yard sales & stuff over the past couple of years years, but yeah, Poison's pretty much the kind of band where a "Greatest Hits" comp is pretty much all you'll never need from them.

Native Tongue had some pretty good stuff on it though. Of course, by then everybody had changed the channel.

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 6:48 pm

corplhicks wrote:
^^LOL correction, Open Up and Say Ah, shows how much T-Roy and I enjoy Poison. Laughing
LOL, my bad! Yes, I'm talking about Poison...not White Snake. "Open Up and Say Awe"...
I knew it was about something nasty in my mouth....
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 6:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ummm... Slip of the Tongue is the name of a Whitesnake album, not a Poison album... so are you guys talkin' about the Snake, or a different Poison record?

Side note; holy crap-a-moley, T-Roy returneth! Where you been homeboy?
Sup brother Keith!!! Just been busy with family and college. Thought I better come back here and keep it honest! Wink
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 7:09 pm

The only Poison album that I have ever been able to listen to was Look What the Cat Dragged In which was at least kind of fun. Everything after that was really obnoxious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...   Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wankers, name an album you loved as a teenager but now don't like at all...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next