Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeRegisterLog in

 

 I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 551
Age : 48

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm

24 hours of insane wind and rain.


As if 2020 wasn't crazy enough.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30163
Age : 60

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 6:45 pm

Good news BR!  That thing is dumping a TON of rain on the area. Stay safe.

_________________
"The cat is the most ruthless, most terrifying of animals." - Spock in the "Catspaw" episode of ToS Season 2.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2425
Age : 49

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 5:08 am

Yep Rich, me too. Lot lots wind and tons of rain. We still have some roads closed due to flooding. Luckily our house is fine. My wife said if Hurricane Michael would have been a slow storm like this one there would've been nothing left of the area. That was about 4-5 hours of massive wind and rain and Sally seemed like it went on for a couple of days. This morning it is still very windy.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 551
Age : 48

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 8:37 am

Mike I've been through 8 other hurricanes but never seen that amount of rain. Unreal. Glad you're doin' good
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2425
Age : 49

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 11:56 am

In our 20 years here Sally was the slowest and most down-pouring storm I have been in. The positives - no power failures, no roof leaks, no damage to home, no falling trees (but in my yard there aren't any left to fall. All of our oaks came down during Michael). I know I've had enough for my lifetime, sure don't want anymore storms.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 551
Age : 48

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 12:41 pm

We lost power at 8 am yesterday but I live on okaloosa island. Id say 1/2 of Fort Walton lost power.

I'm moving to Defuniak in 2 weeks.Im ready to get out of here.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 19878
Age : 51

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 2:07 pm

Glad you're safe. We're getting a lot of rain here in NC from Sally now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13757
Age : 44

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 2:10 pm

Big Rich wrote:
We lost power at 8 am yesterday but I live on okaloosa island. Id say 1/2 of Fort Walton lost power.

I'm moving to Defuniak in 2 weeks.Im ready to get out of here.

I had no idea where Okaloosa island was until I used google maps. Wow, that is a very vulnerable strip of land at the water front! You are definitely better off moving inland to Defuniak.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13757
Age : 44

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 2:29 pm

I really feel bad for everyone that lives around the gulf coast and Florida. These devastating hurricanes are a regular thing now (since Katrina). The insurance business must be booming down there.

Big Rich likes this post

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2425
Age : 49

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 4:11 pm

There's a new disturbance off the coast of Mexico that is headed northeast. I'll be keeping an eye on that one. Okaloosa is a nice place. I can understand wanting to be more landlocked but I'll be here for a while because I have a good job.

Big Rich likes this post

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 551
Age : 48

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
We lost power at 8 am yesterday but I live on okaloosa island. Id say 1/2 of Fort Walton lost power.

I'm moving to Defuniak in 2 weeks.Im ready to get out of here.

I had no idea where Okaloosa island was until I used google maps. Wow, that is a very vulnerable strip of land at the water front! You are definitely better off moving inland to Defuniak.

It's barrier Island. Its not supposed to have things built on it. its for protection.

But you know greed and stuff.


Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 551
Age : 48

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I really feel bad for everyone that lives around the gulf coast and Florida. These devastating hurricanes are a regular thing now (since Katrina). The insurance business must be booming down there.

Don't feel bad. We haven't had one riot or protest through all this racial strife and Fort Walton must be 20 percent black by now. There's a reason people live here and deal with the storms. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13757
Age : 44

I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2020 4:48 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I really feel bad for everyone that lives around the gulf coast and Florida. These devastating hurricanes are a regular thing now (since Katrina). The insurance business must be booming down there.

Don't feel bad. We haven't had one riot or protest through all this racial strife and Fort Walton must be 20 percent black by now. There's a reason people live here and deal with the storms. Peace.

That’s a good way to look at it! Social unrest sucks! I have a friend that moved to Port Richey Florida a couple years ago. He seems to like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers    I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
I survied Hurricane Sally, wankers
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: