Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's with your avatar....

Go down 
+18
Stender
Addy
Boris2008
nevermore
glassprison
DallasBlack
tohostudios
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Lari
corplhicks
Leatherface
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thelemech
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
Wrecked Neck
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 3:15 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Cool Defiance T-shirt, DB!!!  Don't think I have ever seen one before.

It's an unofficial one from Redbubble. I like to wear band shirts a lot but with most of them being black, it's not advisable to wear them while working in the hot sun. Redbubble offers different colored shirts for whatever design you pick. Most of the time they look very much handmade (one level above making an iron on shirt at home) but this one was actually well done.

I don't care! I f'in rocks!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 12:59 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Well mine is an old photo I took about thirty years ago when I was into Satanism. Not really an alter, I never got that far, just some black candles, some incense, a baphomet can be seen hanging on one of the candle holders, and if you look closely you can see the top half of a bible. My snake was on the bible, but I didn't get him in there. This was the days before digital photos, so you either got the shot or you didn't. I think I put the bible there with the mindset of the Slayer lyrics, "I put the bible in a pool of blood so that none of its lies can affect me". Even though that photo was taken years before that song was written, that was what I was going for. Very Happy

Far as my name goes, I stole it from Sean Peck from the band Cage. I used to go to their forums when they had one, and reading one of his posts, he used the term Wrecked Neck when talking about head banging. Thought it sounded cool, and used it for most metal sites I've been on since.

That's very interesting, I assumed your avatar was an obscure album cover. Certainly looks like one to me.
nope, not an album cover. But if any of you musicians around here want to use it, go for it lol
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 3:28 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Well mine is an old photo I took about thirty years ago when I was into Satanism. Not really an alter, I never got that far, just some black candles, some incense, a baphomet can be seen hanging on one of the candle holders, and if you look closely you can see the top half of a bible. My snake was on the bible, but I didn't get him in there. This was the days before digital photos, so you either got the shot or you didn't. I think I put the bible there with the mindset of the Slayer lyrics, "I put the bible in a pool of blood so that none of its lies can affect me". Even though that photo was taken years before that song was written, that was what I was going for. Very Happy

Far as my name goes, I stole it from Sean Peck from the band Cage. I used to go to their forums when they had one, and reading one of his posts, he used the term Wrecked Neck when talking about head banging. Thought it sounded cool, and used it for most metal sites I've been on since.

That's very interesting, I assumed your avatar was an obscure album cover. Certainly looks like one to me.
nope, not an album cover. But if any of you musicians around here want to use it, go for it lol

Yeah it's hella cool. Can you post a higher resolution here?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 3:39 am

corplhicks wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Yeah it's hella cool. Can you post a higher resolution here?
I'll have to see if I have it saved on my computer. If so, I'll try and post it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 pm

Well my name is Manny, and I could not think of anything clever or cool, so I just went by name. My avatar is a McFarlane action figure of Alice Cooper and I just dug it.

I used to change them every few months but it has been a long time since I bothered doing that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 pm

I never even noticed that your avatar was an action figure manny.  I just figured it was an Alice Cooper pic.  But now that you say that and I look closer I can see it.

Mine isn't an action figure; it's my actual cat.  \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 10:59 am

I can see Toho having action figure cats. lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 3:12 pm

I sort of do have action figure cats. I have cat statues, figurines, sculptures, etc. all of the house.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Thundercats?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 6:56 pm

No, actual cats.  And the walls are covered with various pictures, paintings, cross-stiches and needlepoint pictures of wild, "big" cats (leopards, panthers, lions, tigers, etc). 

My basement is totally different.  All things Godzilla plus collectible sports plaques (including a framed and autographed plaque commemorating Kurt Warner's HoF induction and another one featuring an autograph from Stan Musial).

So to bring it back more or less on-topic, the décor in my house pretty much reflects the combination of my screen name and my avatar here - plus the sports stuff.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 11:12 am

Yeah, I was mostly kidding. lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 4:08 am

James B. That is me.... The avatar is a gif of a redheaded drummer that "perhaps" bore a resemblance to me in a time closer to my birth than the present.

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's with your avatar....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2