Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats up with Ultimatum

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
kethdredd
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Whats up with Ultimatum Empty
PostSubject: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:28 pm

Is the band officially "done"?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:37 pm

No. We are taking an extended break at the moment.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Random that I was thinking about this, and the last post was a year ago. Any dates on the horizon? My girls are now old enough to go with me and I'd love for them to see Ultimatum some day.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:28 pm

Coincidentally, I wondered the same thing recently. Over the weekend, during a random shuffle, a song came on fromInto The Pit and I thought, "Dang, that was 2007? I wonder if Ultimatum is still a thing?"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Shhh. Ultimatum is laying low, just waiting for the right time to re-emerge and announce their big Reunion Tour of arenas. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12590

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 2:15 am

They are trying to slowly sneak up on Wikipedia......

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 9:49 pm

I don't know when or if Ultimatum will ever come back. I'd like to think we would, but after 20 years of constant shows, practice, recording, writing, etc. and yet we still were getting ripped off at gigs, and playing to 20 people at clubs in our hometown. It's a bit frustrating for me. Also, and I am just being honest, we were still playing second fiddle to bands who couldn't hold a candle to us on stage. Last big show we did was playing the Up From the Ashes III gig in Cali with Deliverance in 2010. I love Big D, but they were sloppy and put on a very poor show. Ultimatum played a tight gig, giving it 100% our all. We were a well oiled machine on stage, yet somehow magazines like HM were still glowing about how great Deliverance were, saying that they "stole the show". Really? Jimmy couldn't remember half the words. They hadn't practiced at all for the show and were sloppy, missing breaks, ques, etc. It was a disaster, yet they "stole the show". It's all a bit frustrating. Just being honest with you peeps.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 8:45 pm

Yeah that does sound frustrating and i'll definitely understand if you want to retire from making music, as long as this site stays around i'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12590

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 10:30 pm

I have seen you guys going back to 2000 and you stole the show every time. No butt dance kissing, just being honest. headbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 2:36 pm

It's perfectly understandable... and that 20th anniversary box set thingy y'all put out a year or two back does put a nice cap on things if y'all do decide to hang it up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:48 pm

That sucks, but it's understandable. Here's looking forward to "Scott Water's Ultimatum Experience" coming soon!!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 5:20 pm

James B. wrote:
I have seen you guys going back to 2000 and you stole the show every time.  No butt dance kissing, just being honest. headbanger

Not sure how I missed this comment. Thanks for the compliment.

I'll say this, when we played at 2010 Up From the Ashes III festival in California, I truly FELT we stole the show. We were tight and hitting on all cylinders. It was a blast.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 11:48 pm

Hopefully Ultimatum will make one more album or at least a EP.
Back to top Go down
Noetic Effect
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 10:16 am

Been awhile since there's been any activity on this part of the forum, sometimes you have to stay dedicated to your mission, your calling, no matter what .... do online concerts on Youtube if you have to webcamming out of a warehouse. I can't ever imagine quitting. I haven't been discovered, my ear is ringing, driving me crazy, my foot hasn't healed in four years, but I'm too stupid to stop. And I won't apologize for that. If a meteor hits me on the head and gives me my very own extinction event, so be it. But until then .... perseverance is the only option .... you guys have the skill, the message and the experience .... A friend of mine has always used this example about great success late in life; Col. Sanders was 61 when he started Kentucky Fried Chicken in 1952, and became a household name ... if he can, you certainly can, possessing more substance than a secret recipe.

Gilbert likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with Ultimatum   Whats up with Ultimatum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats up with Ultimatum
Page 1 of 1