Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2009 whats to come in the history of metal

Go down 
+14
XYZ
Trial by Fire
Lurideath
sam
Thrasher73
akeldama
tohostudios
Troublezone
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Svengo
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
metalhead777
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Empty
PostSubject: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:18 pm

AH 09 whats to come? il tell you what! christian thrashers believer are back together and have an album coning out in 2 weeks! also the metal band lamb of god coming out with there 5th or 6th release wrath this year 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:58 pm

2009 whats to come  in the history of metal 33283451335031131013

🤘
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:17 pm

That is one evil looking picture. I like it!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:15 pm

the new Napalm Death & Samael releases are outstanding.

Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:52 pm

If you like some really technical metal and don't mind a slight sacrifice in the song-writing department. The new Psyopus is a pretty good listen.

Also if anybody here likes their metal on vinyl, there are some great Sabbath albums being re-released on LP later this month.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:31 pm

Hope for some new OVERKILL!

ULTIMATUM - Lex Metalis
ULTIMATUM - Into the Pit on green vinyl

new ANTHRAX

a full length from HIRAX

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Svengo wrote:
If you like some really technical metal and don't mind a slight sacrifice in the song-writing department. The new Psyopus is a pretty good listen.

Also if anybody here likes their metal on vinyl, there are some great Sabbath albums being re-released on LP later this month.

Psyopus are outta their minds on tech. Good, but, there's indeed better. Psyopus, ya listen to if ya want for yourself a quick jolt to the brain's synapses. It's sure to get them firing, mis-firing really, and at a breakneck speed. But, please don't mistake this for actual, thought inducing, cerebral activity. Yet, there are indeed several bands out there which are quite conducive to inciting that mysterious 'Mozart Effect'...a concept which only metalo-eggheads like myself seem to concern themselves with.

The Mozart Effect is the notion that complex musical forms can quite literally faciliate the growth of complex synaptic networks in the brain. This has already been proven, so it's not just mere speculation any longer. And, It's not just music, it's really any form of information which bears significant depth and complexity that will increase the amount of synaptic connections in these networks. But, 'diversity' of information is what will trigger the fastest growth, because, and it only makes sense that, it facilitates a 'synergy' amongst variables. Synergies are good. Compound interest and the like.

A good combination of scientific information, literature, poetry, physics, etc..... alongside crafty musical forms like (real) Jazz, Technical/Progressive Metal or Classical/Baroque will literally give you a Big Head, yo. If I remember correctly, there are actually brain scans now available which can measure the physical structures of your brain, before and after such growth. Ya ever remember your parents telling ya that Metal music will make ya dumb? Do your homework on the subject, listen to the right stuff and prove 'em wrong.

I'd be remiss if I didn't call attention to a few of my most favored tech. bands at this juncture. Three Technical Death Metal bands. One is really good, the other two - absolutely phenomenal. Ya got, Psycroptic...That's the really good one. Then, ya have Obscura and Cynic which are absolutely phenomenal. Obscura has a recent title called Cosmogenesis. Ya really havta hear this stuff to believe it. It seems to be heavily influenced by Cynic, but, in this instance, who really cares if it's a total ripoff. The album is outstanding on so many different levels.

Same can be said for the follow-up to Cynic's 1993 debut - Traced In Air. The only thing that might throw off the long-time Tech. Death fan is that the new Cynic album introduces spaced-out, clean vocals instead of the patented Death Metal growl. I'm actually glad they went this route. Only time will tell though. But, I think the material would have ultimately benefitted from a balance between both vocal styles. Now that the world finally has a sequel to Cynic's debut, I hope to see a few more sessions from these guys. The rhythm section of this band, Sean Reinhert and Sean Malone, might just be 'The Best 'overall Metal bassist and drummer combo the world has ever seen.

You can't mention Tech/Progressive stuff and its future without a nod to AGHORA and Spiral Architect. These two outfits completely floored me when I first came across their 2000 releases, but, much later in 2003...and, I'm still completely left aghast by what they've been able to accomplish without much in the way of musical precedent. I've still to hear anything approaching the same level of combined complexity/artistry than what they accomplished here on their first outing. Spiral Architet has never even tried to replicate that success with a follow-up effort, and Aghora did, but with slightly diminished returns.

If there's anything out there at present which sounds like the future of music, this is it then. This stuff right here not only sound like the future of music, but the future of mankind itself. This is the music for taking huge leaps in consciousness. You can hear 2 1/2 out of the 5 above-cited artists on these here following links. Take a few leaps in consciousness for yourself. Repeat exposure and an open mind is key here, mandatory. It's what the music warrants....no, it's what the music demands of you! There's an important 'epilepsy warning' on the label for the Spiral Architect album. No joke. This is some serious schitt, yo.

http://www.imeem.com/tag/?f=music&q=artist:aghora
Aghora
http://www.imeem.com/tag/?f=music&q=artist:spiral%20architect
Spiral Architect
http://www.imeem.com/tag/?f=music&q=artist:cynic%20album:traced%20in%20air
Cynic 2
http://www.imeem.com/tag/?f=music&q=artist:cynic%20%20album:focus
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:42 pm

Marc, I'm familiar with with Obscura and Cynic. I have Cynic's Focus and will eventually pick up the newer album as well.
I have a passing familiarity with the others you mention and will probably investigate them further.

I also don't think you can have a tech discussion without mentioning Meshuggah as well as The Dillinger Escape Plan.
Meshuggah's whole discography is great but I especially love the "I" ep and the Catch 33 album. They teach their stuff in popular music theory classes in several universities for crying out loud!
The Dillinger Escape plan while still awesome has I admit become a bit stagnant of late. I only mean bit since they're still better than most and even after almost 10 years removed from their classic Calculating Infinity album you still can't throw a rock into the tech pool without hitting someone still ripping off pieces of that sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 10:56 pm

Not exactly "metal", but there's a new Masters Of Reality album coming out in the spring...I'm looking forward to that.

When the hell is Solace going to release A.D.? angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:05 am

I understand that Meshuggah and The Dillinger Escape are quite popular, although, I haven't given them much of a shot, aside from a track or two here and there.

I'm telling you guys, you have to allot some time to AGHORA and Spiral Architect. SA put together the most mind-blowing recording I've ever heard with their debut. Aghora are along the same lines, but, with a female vocalist. Definitely one of the most original sounding musical concepts I've ever heard. She's an American, of hispanic ancestry, but the vocal lines she delivers are very Middle Eastern sounding. The music comes across as some kinda amalgam of America, Euro and Middle Eastern musical ideas.

Both groups go with fretless bass players, guys who are definitely descendant of Jaco Pastorius school of virtuoso Jazz Fusion players. The bass is so frakkin outstanding and up-front on these recordings, that the guitar takes some time to really notice. lol. But, when you do, you're totally stunned by the proficiency of these players. ALL of the musicians in these two outfits are amongst the top tier for tech. metal players. YOU GOTTA HEAR this stuff if you haven't already. Take a sample bite and tell me how ya like.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:50 am

New Queensryche

Iron Maiden - Flight 666 documentrary

New KISS

New Stryper

New Bloodgood
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:56 am

Hopefully new Forbidden and Flotsam and Jetsam albums.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 am

New Diablo Swing Orchestra

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:23 pm

New Megadeth which will kick arse.
New Living Sacrifice (supposedly).
Chickenfoot (it'll be good but won't rival Zep).
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I'd Love to have some new Forbidden.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:

yep, their recording a new one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:54 pm

New albums from:

Warbringer
Gravehill
Fatalist
Suicidal Angels
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:20 pm

2009 Albums:

3 - TBA
Baroness - TBA
The Dillinger Escape Plan - TBA
Dream Theater - TBA
Flotsam and Jetsam - The Cold
Giant Squid - The Ichthyologist
Isis - Wavering Radiant
Kylesa - Static Tensions
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Minsk - With Echoes in the Movement of Stone
Rishloo - Feathergun
Weird Owl - Ever the Silver Cord be Loosed
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Dream Theater - Really looking forward to this one.
Megadeth - More than likely their answer to Death Magnetic.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Asphyx, My Dying Bride, Pestilence, Candlemass, God Dethroned, Lacuna Coil, Gory Blister, The Gathering, Blood Tsunami, Suffocation, & Devildriver

XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:10 pm

I think The Beatles are suppose to remaster their discography and release it in 09.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Svengo wrote:

YAY napalm death!!!
almost forgot kreator just came out with hordes of chaos 2009 whats to come  in the history of metal 47715
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:34 pm

mc666 wrote:
Asphyx, My Dying Bride, Pestilence, Candlemass, God Dethroned, Lacuna Coil, Gory Blister, The Gathering, Blood Tsunami, Suffocation, & Devildriver

death magnetic was a HUGE disapointment to me so good!!i dont think metallica of megadeth will ever top there first few albums
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:38 pm

New Sathanas, and the new Infected Labia.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Yeah I totally forgot about Pestilence and Asphyx!

Also isn't there supposed to be a new Slayer album this year?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 whats to come in the history of metal   2009 whats to come  in the history of metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 whats to come in the history of metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next