Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's with your avatar....

Go down 
+18
Stender
Addy
Boris2008
nevermore
glassprison
DallasBlack
tohostudios
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Lari
corplhicks
Leatherface
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thelemech
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
Wrecked Neck
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

What's with your avatar.... Empty
PostSubject: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 11:42 pm

Boris2008 made me think of this in a roundabout sort of way. I was on FB just now and saw a meme with his avatar. This whole time I've been here, I always assumed his avatar was a picture of his son or something. So it got me to thinking, why did you guys choose the avatars and forum names you use here? Is there a story behind any of them? Or just something you like? Do you use the same ones on other forums? Just kinda curious what made you you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 6:30 am

MikeInFla because I am in Florida. Avatar is just something I like.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 8:00 am

I change mine frequently because I have the attention span of a fruit fly. Generally they don't have any "meaning," they're just stuff I like.

Currently my avatar is a pic of "Kenny Blankenship" and "Vic Romano," the hosts of "MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" cuz I've been watching a lot of that show lately.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 9:20 am

Been a reader of Aleister Crowley since I was very young and identify mostly as a Thelemite. My name is also in honor of Mecha . Also a I am a Black Sabbath fanatic they are easily my favorite band and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is their best album in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 10:50 am

When I started online in 1999 [?], I went by saxon1500 and was a member of the CMR. Someone had just squeezed out a baby and all the congrats were going around, including mine. When Tall Tyrion [Nick] saw my congrats he piped in with "Don't ever let Uncle Saxon babysit". It has stuck forever.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 12:36 pm

I'm a huge James Bond fan. I've tried using the name elsewhere but it was already taken. I figured it wouldn't be on a metal site. Turns out I was right. I just searched for the coolest looking picture I could find of Sean Connery as Bond, since he was the first and probably best of the Bonds.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18914

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 1:58 pm

I am the real Leatherface. That's actually my driver's license photo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Well mine is an old photo I took about thirty years ago when I was into Satanism. Not really an alter, I never got that far, just some black candles, some incense, a baphomet can be seen hanging on one of the candle holders, and if you look closely you can see the top half of a bible. My snake was on the bible, but I didn't get him in there. This was the days before digital photos, so you either got the shot or you didn't. I think I put the bible there with the mindset of the Slayer lyrics, "I put the bible in a pool of blood so that none of its lies can affect me". Even though that photo was taken years before that song was written, that was what I was going for. Very Happy

Far as my name goes, I stole it from Sean Peck from the band Cage. I used to go to their forums when they had one, and reading one of his posts, he used the term Wrecked Neck when talking about head banging. Thought it sounded cool, and used it for most metal sites I've been on since.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Cool topic. I've had the corplhicks thing since the dawn of internet. One of my first email addresses in the 90's was corplhicks@hotmail.com. Big Aliens fan is all (Corporal Dwayne Hicks), childhood favorite.

My photo...I had to look it up while writing this 'cause I never really pay attention to what I've changed it too haha...is the cover of the recent album Apex by Unleash the Archers. It's currently my favorite album and one I've completely been obsessing over for some time now. Highly recommended for everyone on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 4:14 pm

Handle: my name. Just my name, literally. Nothing else. It's a unique enough name to use and not seem dull (I hope). It's a unisex name though so that could have been a problem (it hasn't).

Avatar: Cool looking Helloween pumpkin that kind of looks like kt has a personality. Throughout the years, I've switched to newer Helloween pumpkins when new albums come out. I like Helloween.

I'm a simple man.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 5:07 pm

My handle/name is my first and middle name with my birth year...scottmitchell74

Avatar changes only rarely, and it's usually a family member. That's my daughter's Weeping Angel costume (she won a local cosplay contest a couple times) posing with the TARDIS from Doctor Who.

Cool thread topic!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 5:24 pm

Lari wrote:
Handle: my name. Just my name, literally. Nothing else. It's a unique enough name to use and not seem dull (I hope). It's a unisex name though so that could have been a problem (it hasn't).

Avatar: Cool looking Helloween pumpkin that kind of looks like kt has a personality. Throughout the years, I've switched to newer Helloween pumpkins when new albums come out. I like Helloween.

I'm a simple man.
Haha, until now I thought your avatar was a cartoon shark. I never looked at it close enough, cause it's clearly not a shark. lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 6:24 pm

My screen name I picked because I’ve always been a big thrash fan and the 73 is my birth year. My avatar I change occasionally. Right now it’s of the late great Chuck Schulinder.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 6:54 pm

Screen name is because I'm a huge fan of Japanese Kaiju (particularly Godzilla which was produced by Toho Studios).

My current avatar is my latest cat adoption "Squirrel" who I've now had for about a year and a half.  Around the holidays I switch it to "The Grinch" holding Squirrel.  I adopted him Dec.4, 2017 and the group I adopted him from was doing a "photo of your pet with Santa" fundraiser at the time.  They said since I was adopting I could have a complimentary photo of my adoptee.   I told them I'm not into Christmas and then they said they had a Grinch costume for people just like me.  And the rest is history:

What's with your avatar.... Squire10

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 9:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I change mine frequently because I have the attention span of a fruit fly. Generally they don't have any "meaning," they're just stuff I like.

Pretty much the story with my avatars as well. Back when I was here more regularly I would change my avatar and signature every week or so. Right now, it's to showcase one of my shirts.

My username dates back to my late teenage/early adult years when I had dreams to become a professional wrestler. Dallas Black was going to be my character name.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 10:06 pm

I carried my name over from The Christian Metal Realm back when it was on EZ Board. I had recently discovered Dream Theater at that time and picked The Glass Prison off of Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, which is my favorite of their albums.

The picture is of Tom Keifer, as Cinderella has been my favorite band since I was in Kindergarten. (And I've been too lazy to think of something else to update it with!)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 10:24 pm

I took my nickname from the band obviously. My avatar is RJD and has been ever since he passed. I'll eventually change it at some point.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 1:00 am

Boris is a catch all nickname and 2008 is my birthday (20th August)

Avatars are just what I think is funny or awesome at the time (I have no idea who this kid is)

No I don't use this on other forums, I don't go on other forums or even Facebook as it's mostly annoying kids trying to start shit over nothing.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 7:13 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Well mine is an old photo I took about thirty years ago when I was into Satanism. Not really an alter, I never got that far, just some black candles, some incense, a baphomet can be seen hanging on one of the candle holders, and if you look closely you can see the top half of a bible. My snake was on the bible, but I didn't get him in there. This was the days before digital photos, so you either got the shot or you didn't. I think I put the bible there with the mindset of the Slayer lyrics, "I put the bible in a pool of blood so that none of its lies can affect me". Even though that photo was taken years before that song was written, that was what I was going for. Very Happy

Far as my name goes, I stole it from Sean Peck from the band Cage. I used to go to their forums when they had one, and reading one of his posts, he used the term Wrecked Neck when talking about head banging. Thought it sounded cool, and used it for most metal sites I've been on since.

That's very interesting, I assumed your avatar was an obscure album cover. Certainly looks like one to me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 11:54 am

Cool Defiance T-shirt, DB!!! Don't think I have ever seen one before.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 2:06 pm

Forum Name: Addy

Its shortened for Adchyrch which is my first and middle initial and the olde English spelling of my last name being Church. At the time i made my debut on these communities i was a moderator at the Deliverance forum some might or might not remember it was I think circa 2000-2001 Jimmy Brown couldn't for some reason address me by my name and started calling me "Addy" for short.I guess it just stuck with me lol. Though I have considered changing my name to Warzawa which is my #1 favorite David Bowie Instrumental piece, off the album Low.

My Avatar: A cobra

Being a big fan of the series Cobra Kai and a big fan of the original Karate Kid movie I decided to use their logo for my avatar Im sure itll change soon though

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Stender is the family surname, growing up my friends, teachers, and others always called me by my last name, and now its my callsign when I am working wildland fire.

My avatar is a photo from about 10 years ago with my godmother Robin. She was a hip lady that introduced me to quite a bit of extreme music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 9:10 pm

I’ve changed my avatar several times over the years, but my current one is about representing my favorite Sabbath album. My username is just something I made up when I joined the forum. I tried to use something that was simple and let others have an idea of what I like musically (although I like more than a few styles and genres). Ultimately I tend to like bluesy, melodic or doomy oriented bands the best (hence Trouble). Thrash is a close second.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 pm

I think mine is fairly obvious. Been a LOTR's nerd since I read them when I was 10.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 12:05 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Cool Defiance T-shirt, DB!!!  Don't think I have ever seen one before.

It's an unofficial one from Redbubble. I like to wear band shirts a lot but with most of them being black, it's not advisable to wear them while working in the hot sun. Redbubble offers different colored shirts for whatever design you pick. Most of the time they look very much handmade (one level above making an iron on shirt at home) but this one was actually well done.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's with your avatar....   What's with your avatar.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's with your avatar....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next