Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2425

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 9:40 am

I was reading one of the wrestling news sites and it said Roman is now with Heyman. So did Roman finally turn heel? It's about time and about 4 years too late.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30163

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 7:00 pm

I saw something about Reigns and Heyman aligning too but I haven't watched any WWE programming since baseball started back up so I have no idea what happened. 

But I agree with you about Reigns being a heel; that would have been a killer angle a few years ago but now who the hell cares?  WWE is SO screwed up!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 7:57 pm

Quote :
Eric Young returned to Impact Wrestling recently to make a statement, and on Tuesday he did just that with an exclamation point.
I didn't even know Impact Wrestling was still going.  I lost track of them at least 6 months ago when they kept jumping to these quasi-available cable outlets.  Apparently it's now on AXS which I get but I still don't really care enough to follow them unless there is absolutely nothing else on to watch.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 10:30 pm

The Cardinals had their first off-day since they got their season restarted so tonight I watched AEW for the first time in about a month and a half.

Overall opinion of the show was "meh".  It was OK but certainly nothing to write home about. 

And I still hate "Jungle Boy"; I could beat up that skinny runt.  C'mon, nothing he does against opponents 2 and 3 times his size is REMOTELY believable.  I feel sorry for the "Luchasaurus" character who is saddled with this pipsqueak because the 'Saurus guy can actually move for a bigger guy and I could see star potential in him.  But not when he's stuck with this gimmick.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:20 am

I missed it last night. Got tired and went to bed early. I have not seen Impact since they have been Impact. I don't have AXS anymore but they do have an impact channel on Pluto TV. Mostly they show old TNA PPV's.

Had all intention of watching AEW but was too tired. I saw a headline on my phone that Rusev debuted.

Don't mind Jungle Boy too much but I can't stand Marko Stunt. I love to see him get squashed. Last week they had a fantastic match with Thunder Rosa and Sereena Deeb
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 31733

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 11:10 am

I have never heard of this Jungle Boy wrestler so I decided to look him up and discovered he's the son of deceased actor Luke Perry ? Weird.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 4:23 pm

Yeah, Jim Ross has mentioned it several times during an AEW broadcast.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 10:04 pm

I just watched AEW and that "street fight" was the best match I've seen on broadcast TV since the ECW days. That thing was great! No "wrestling" whatsoever but a total brawl with no rules. And some serious blood.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 549

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 8:50 am

Road Warrior Animal has passed away.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RWAnimal/status/1308747451415830529
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 2:58 pm

RIP Animal.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 31733

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 3:03 pm

Sad to hear.

R.I.P. to a wrestling legend
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Wow that's surprising.

He's the same age as me.  I sort of understood when "Hawk" passed away because most people figured he'd been juicing.  But I always thought "Animal" was clean.  Maybe he was and this was just his time? 

RIP big man; you gave the younger me lots of fond wrestling memories from various territories and federations.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 16432

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 2:25 am

I never got to see the Road Warriors wrestle live, but I did see Animal wrestle a singles match against Butch Reed.  At least I saw one of them in person. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 9:29 am

Watched AEW last night. The Cody Rhodes vs Brody Lee dog collar match was the bloodiest match I've seen on TV in a long, long time. I loved it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 2:37 pm

I'll check out AEW tonight I have it on the DVR. I heard about that match, looking forward to seeing it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 5:53 pm

It was great.  Jim Ross even got to say "crimson mask"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 5:22 am

Yeah it was pretty awesome! nice to see The Hammer sitting there, boy he looks old! I still have more to watch because I stopped it after that match and went to bed. Will watch the rest over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 8:57 pm

Watching the dog collar match again tonight on replay.

And you're right, The Hammer looks like a living fossil.  Then again I always thought he looked older than he was.

EDIT: I just looked it up and he's 9 years older than I am.  Please tell me that's not what I'll look like in a decade.  Laughing

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: