Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
nevermore
mlotek
Witchfinder
akeldama
Hadley
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Required Fields
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 8:41 pm

This new wrestling format sucks! Wrestling without a big audience is pointless. It makes it look even more fake.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 5:09 am

I found Survivor Series 96 on FS1 last night. Was an enjoyable show and Rock's debut. I enjoy this older stuff much more than current WWE. I am to the point where not only do I NOT watch WWE anymore I don't even read the recaps anymore either.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 8:12 pm

Watching "Smackdown" because as usual nothing else on TV remotely interests me.

Apparently this episode is a "celebration" of Undertaker's last match in WWE and his subsequent retirement.  The show opened with a lengthy tribute video to UT and now they're going to show UT's alleged "last match" against AJ Styles at WrestleMania.

Puh-leeze!  Anyone who has seen a WWE TV show in the past 10 years knows exactly what's going to happen next.  This "retirement" will go out the window when someone challenges UT for some PPV and then THAT will be UT's last match.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 pm

Watching AEW.

Jericho kills me on commentary.  

"I'm telling you that was a great move Skee-a-vone!"

And during the Jake Hager/Cody Rhodes match he kept calling Arn Anderson "Wilford Brimley" and even referred to him as "that oatmeal-eatin' guy".

He cracks me up.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 6:25 am

yeah I love Jericho on commentary. I watched until the end of the Cody match then went to bed. I have it on DVR and will watch the rest tonight.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 2:44 pm

For those who don't watch WWE or those who only periodically watch it. Mysterio and Rollins are going to have what's called an eye for an eye match. It's being advertised as literal. The match is won when one wrestler tears the other's eye out of their socket. This is obviously going to be fake and damn well stupid. Will the loser have to wear an eyepatch for the rest of their life to sell the angle? Because that's the on way this could work. WWE hasn't jumped the shark, they jumped the whole damn ocean!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 6:08 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
For those who don't watch WWE or those who only periodically watch it. Mysterio and Rollins are going to have what's called an eye for an eye match. It's being advertised as literal. The match is won when one wrestler tears the other's eye out of their socket. This is obviously going to be fake and damn well stupid. Will the loser have to wear an eyepatch for the rest of their life to sell the angle? Because that's the on way this could work. WWE hasn't jumped the shark, they jumped the whole damn ocean!

Yeah I watched RAW last night and when I heard this stipulation my first thought was "Oh puh-leeeeze!!!".  How the HELL are they going to pull that off?????

So stupid.

You know what makes good writing in pro wrestling?  Believable angles, characters and feuds.  We're long past the days when schtick like The Undertaker, buried alive matches and instantaneous feuds interest any past fan of wrestling.  And younger fans aren't the marks we older fans were back in the day; they're sure not going to fall for an "eyeball must be ripped out to win" gimmick. Gimme a break!

Vince needs to wake up and join this decade.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 8:07 pm

Well as expected, the "Eye For An Eye" match had a stupid ending (based on what I read).

Of course you didn't actually see an eyeball but Mysterio lost after supposedly having his eye "gouged out" on the steps. And of course Rey had been working without a contract for the last several weeks so the result was totally expected. But give me a break, what a stupid concept for a match.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2020 6:05 am

Actually, you saw Rey hold on to his eye and a slight view of a fake eyeball. It was portrayed Kind of like what happened to Vader in his infamous match with Stan Hansen. An eyeball coming out of the socket that could still be pushed back in. Still stupid.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 10:04 pm

"WWE Underground"????

Seriously?  WTF was that???

Shane McMahon trying to re-create the energy ECW had back in the day?

That segment just came across as lame to me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 5:20 am

I was curious to see what it was all about so I looked it up on YT. Fight club stuff? Very lame, glad I didn't watch it live (or at all really). I read on a wrestling news site that the show was written as it was being done. That's not good at all. Why not throw "writing" out for a night and just schedule some matches? if you don't have enough people to fill matches for 3 hours just show a classic match or a recent WM match that has fans.

I also read that AEW is now beating Raw and Smackdown in certain important demos.

Meanwhile can you smell what the Rock is buying???????????
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 9:47 am

Yeah I saw that deal about the Rock.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 8:53 pm

Interesting random wrestling note.

I'm watching Thursday Night Baseball on Fox and KC is blowing out the Cubs 9-0 in the fourth.  They played a promo for Smackdown on Fox that featured The Fiend and when they came back AJ Pierzynski said "I grew up on the same street as The Fiend."  Obviously in a 9-0 blowout they're looking for something to talk about but AJ insists he knew Windham Rotunda growing up. Pierzynski is 10 years older so Wyatt must have been a toddler back then.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 1:11 am

Sad news for the pro-wrestling world.
PW Insider has reported that James Harris, better known as the legendary Kamala, has passed away at the age of 70. The circumstances of his death are not yet known but Harris had been dealing with diabetes, which forced both of his legs to be amputated.
Besides his time in WWE Harris worked for Mid-South Wrestling, World Class Championship Wrestling, and World Championship Wrestling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 6:00 am

UPDATE: The cause for James “Kamala” Harris’ passing earlier today has been confirmed by his wife. Bleacher Report’s Jason King noted on Twitter that he spoke with the late WWE alumnus’ wife, who revealed that Harris tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday, likely from one of his weekly visits to get dialysis done. He was hospitalized that night and had been in good spirits this morning, but went into cardiac arrest and passed away this afternoon.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 6:01 am

Debut of Kamala filmed in Jerry Jarrett's backyard:

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 6:04 am

Finally, Kamala speaks:

It is always cool to hear these "non speaking" wrestlers do actual interviews. I remember seeing George Steel in 1986. We were ringside and he was calling spots during the match using his normal speaking voice which was out of character for The Animal.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 8:42 am

Sad to hear. I always loved his gimmick.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 2:28 pm

007 wrote:

Same here. I know these days that gimmick is looked down upon as a racist stereotype, but at the time it was fun one and most of us were never bothered by it, particularly Kamala who embraced it.

Fare thee well Uganda Giant!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 4:32 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
007 wrote:

Same here. I know these days that gimmick is looked down upon as a racist stereotype, but at the time it was fun one and most of us were never bothered by it, particularly Kamala who embraced it.

Fare thee well Uganda Giant!

R.I.P.

You're right. I hadn't thought about that but there's no way that gimmick would fly nowadays.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 7:58 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Debut of Kamala filmed in Jerry Jarrett's backyard:

Laughing very hard

I remember that promo clip because I was living in Tennessee at the time (BTW that's Lance Russell in the circle in the upper lefthand corner; he was a GREAT announcer for TV!)

RIP

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 10:47 pm

Little fun and ridiculous fact, I will slap my belly every now and then with my tongue out like Kamala used to do. I've done it ever since I was a teenager. Yeah, he made an impression on me. And yes, I'm a bit of a nut. Very Happy

My other strongest memory of him was with his feud with the Undertaker. His reactions to the deadman's supernatural feats was hilarious. The way his eyes bulged out and tripped over himself trying to get away.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 12:57 am

Scott Armstrong has announced that his father, “Bullet” Bob Armstrong, has passed away. Bob Armstrong was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011. His four sons, Brad Armstrong, Robert Bradley, Steve and Brian “Road Dogg” James, all became wrestlers in their father’s footsteps. Bob’s wife, Vida Gail James, just passed away over the summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 7:37 am

RIP Bob Anderson. I remember his stuff in SMW.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 7:38 am

[url=  [/url]
My two favorites ladies in a match! There is a promo video at the link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 18 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: