Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
nevermore
mlotek
Witchfinder
akeldama
Hadley
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Required Fields
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 2:12 pm

RIP Pat.

I always liked his color commentary back in the day.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 8:07 pm

Just heard that on AEW. RIP.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 8:13 pm

The good old days of wrestling.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 9:06 pm

Wow! Sting just showed up on AEW.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 9:35 pm

Is he wrestling? How old is he?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 9:39 pm

He showed up to save Cody Rhodes and Darby Allin from a beatdown. And I was wondering the same thing about his age since I remember watching him as a kid. He's 61 and turns 62 in March.

AEW announcers said he's signed to a multi-year contract so this surely has to be one of those 3 or 4 "special appearances" a year deals. At 60+ years of age there's no way he'd be believable as a full-time wrestler.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 10:05 pm

So the bigger takeaway from AEW tonight is that they apparently are working with Impact!

I was wondering why Don Callis, who is the VP of Impact!, showed up as guest commentator for the AEW Championship match between Kenny Omega and Jon Moxley.  Ostensibly it's because he's known Omega since Omega was 10 years old but that didn't ring right to me.  Sure enough, Callis interfered and cost Moxley the title and the show ended with Callis yelling "You'll see what this is all about Tuesday night on AXS-TV".  So it sure sounds like there's some kind of arrangement going on between the two promotions.

I like when wrestling organizations do this.  One of the best things WWE ever did was the "invasion angle" with ECW.  I also really liked when WWE had NXT do an "invasion".  And if I remember correctly ECW did something with WCW too.  It's like tearing down the proverbial "fourth wall". Even though when it's all said and done we all still know it's a work but it looks more "real".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 12:23 am

R.I.P. Pat Patterson.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 7:38 am

tohostudios wrote:
So the bigger takeaway from AEW tonight is that they apparently are working with Impact!

I was wondering why Don Callis, who is the VP of Impact!, showed up as guest commentator for the AEW Championship match between Kenny Omega and Jon Moxley.  Ostensibly it's because he's known Omega since Omega was 10 years old but that didn't ring right to me.  Sure enough, Callis interfered and cost Moxley the title and the show ended with Callis yelling "You'll see what this is all about Tuesday night on AXS-TV".  So it sure sounds like there's some kind of arrangement going on between the two promotions.

I like when wrestling organizations do this.  One of the best things WWE ever did was the "invasion angle" with ECW.  I also really liked when WWE had NXT do an "invasion".  And if I remember correctly ECW did something with WCW too.  It's like tearing down the proverbial "fourth wall". Even though when it's all said and done we all still know it's a work but it looks more "real".

Hmmm. I missed it last night. Have it on DVR. I don't think I like a crossover with Impact. I didn't mind NWA and Thunder Ross and would like to have seen Nick Aldi's but not Impact. We don't have AXS anymore so I couldn't watch it if I wanted to.

I seem to remember WWF crossovers in the early 90's with Smoky Mountain Wrestling, those were great so maybe this will be entertaining as well.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 9:10 am

You can watch Impact on Twitch.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 12:47 am

Actor Tom “Tiny Lister,” best known to wresting fans as WWE’s Zeus, was found dead at his apartment earlier today in his Marina Del Rey apartment in Los Angeles. He was 62. TMZ reports that Lister was not even transported to a hospital, with the cause of death still being unknown.
WWE would later issue a statement remembering Lister’s greatest accomplishments with the company, including how he headlined SummerSlam 1989 against Hulk Hogan, and starred alongside the Hulkser in the feature film, “No Holds Barred.”
Outside of wrestling he’s best known for his roles in The Dark Knight, The Fifth Element, and the Friday films.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 9:57 am

He also has a brief appearance in one that's on my holiday list schedule, "Santa's Slay".

RIP.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 9:01 pm

Sting is going to be used to mentor Darby Allen from what I hear. Kind of like Jake the Snake's role with Lance Archer and Taz with his group. Though in a babyface way obviously. I assume after that, he will be used in other non in-ring roles. Not only is he in his early 60s, he had to retire after his injury by the hands of Rollins so wrestling is pretty much out of the question.

Speaking about AEW, I was meaning to post something about a month ago but it got away from me. Apparently, our little Siamese is a fan of the Young Bucks:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 20201110

They had a match with that young brother tag team they brought in (that hasn't been back yet) and she just sat on the cable box watching the whole thing.

Also in regards to Patterson and Zeus:

R.I.P.

Patterson, apart from being the first Intercontinental champion, was beloved by all backstage. There is nobody that I know of who has a bad word to say about him. He was obviously a very sweet person who had a love of pro wrestling and went out of his way to help the talent backstage.

Lister was a Christian and spent his later life ministering to urban youth. Something that belayed his big, scary exterior in his film portrayals. He has finally gone home.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2020 4:24 am

The PG rating of Raw may be coming to an end. Apparently this past Monday was one of the lowest RAW rating in USA's history. Executives at USA are pisses and are demanding more adult content in the future.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2020 8:50 pm

Watching tonight's Raw and if the PG-era is coming to an end I don't see any signs of it to this point. Same old WWE BS. It's a shame because WWE has a lot of talented performers both in the ring and on the mic if only they'd let them loose.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 2:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Watching tonight's Raw and if the PG-era is coming to an end I don't see any signs of it to this point.  Same old WWE BS.  It's a shame because WWE has a lot of talented performers both in the ring and on the mic if only they'd let them loose.

Could be they're waiting until the end of the year, but yeah, RAW is garbage and has been for a while now (Smackdown for the most part has actually been more up than down).

Here is the article on USA's attitude toward RAW:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/rumor-usa-network-reportedly-furious-raw-ratings-want-wwe-adult-content
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2020 9:40 pm

WOW. Shocking.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/aew-star-brodie-lee-dead-at-41/
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Wow is right!

I was wondering what happened to him after his loss to Cody Rhodes. Definitely sucks as he seemed to have finally found a "home" in the business with AEW.

RIP.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 7:30 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 2:02 pm

WWE is saddened to learn that Danny Hodge passed away today at age 88.
Hodge will be remembered as a true trailblazer and the only man to ever win national titles in both wrestling and boxing. The Oklahoma native’s highly decorated career included recognition as a three-time NCAA Champion, Olympic silver medalist, National Golden Gloves heavyweight champion, and eight-time NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion. A consummate competitor in the ring, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart referred to Hodge as “one of the greatest wrestlers in pro wrestling or amateur wrestling there’s ever been.” Hodge returned for two appearances on Raw in 2005 and 2012.
Hodge’s legacy lives on with The Dan Hodge Trophy, which is awarded yearly to the nation’s top collegiate wrestler.
WWE extends its condolences to Hodge’s family and friends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 9:29 pm

Looking for something to watch tonight, I stumbled across the 30 For 30 feature on Ric Flair on ESPN.

As usual, they to a great job documenting the subject and when the subject is Ric Flair you know there's a lot of time spent on his "extra-curricular activities". Fascinating biopic; highly recommended!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 11:39 pm

I played the most recent WWE video game this weekend, WWE Battlegrounds. Awful game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 8:04 pm

Watching RAW which opened up with a photo tribute to Jon Huber (Luke Harper).

Pretty classy of WWE considering he was working for their most important competition AEW. I was wondering if WWE would acknowledge his passing and I'm glad they did.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 8:27 pm

Man, last time i watched any Wrestling was back in the early 90's.

I need to catch up.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 8:32 pm

No you don't. Frankly the current state of pro wrestling totally sucks.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 20 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: