Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
nevermore
mlotek
Witchfinder
akeldama
Hadley
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Required Fields
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 6:16 am

I no longer watch any WWE. I usually read the recaps. So far it looks bad enough to even stop reading the recaps. This whole Lana/Lashley thing is just stupid and like a soap opera. No thanks, these kinds of stories are the dumbest things they can do. How do they think this engages the audience?

You want to make a good Rusev/Lashley story? Easy. have Rusev defeat some jobber. Then Lashley comes out and attacks Lana, not Rusev. Now you got yourselves an interesting storyline that can be built up to a decent match.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 11:30 pm

I'm leaning toward recaps for main roster shows. Not really the recaps, I'd rather watch Simon Miller's Ups and Downs on Whatculture and Ross Twidell's WTF moments on Cultaholic, both of which are more entertaining than just about anything on the main roster. And yes, the Lana/Lashley/Rusev garbage is their idea of going back to the Attitude Era. Only problem, it's the one thing that was wrong with the Attitude Era.

Watching NXT right now, definitely the best thing going in WWE. Unlike Raw and Smackdown, I only forward through commercials. The only thing separating the main roster and this is Vince and what a difference it makes!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 6:13 am

I even gave up on NXT. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty good but I prefer AEW and the newly revived NWA and just don't have time for NXT. I need to catch up on NWA I'm an episode behind.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 10:06 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
I even gave up on NXT. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty good but I prefer AEW and the newly revived NWA and just don't have time for NXT. I need to catch up on NWA I'm an episode behind.

Understood, I have more free time than most because I have no social life to speak of Very Happy. Just find it interesting what WWE can do without Vince gumming up the works.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 10:24 pm

I think the only thing AEW lacks in comparison to NXT is a good women's division (not that I'm a huge women's wrestling fan). Their champion weighs 95 lbs and the biggest attraction they have is a 200lb. transvestite.

And speaking of AEW, I'm almost 100% positvie Cesaro will move to their when his WWE contract expires. It's getting to the point that when he has a match, his loss is guaranteed (happened again at Saudi Arabia today).
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 6:00 am

I saw where Orton is hinting at a move over there because his contract is coming up. It would be cool to score Orton and The Revival but I just don't see Orton moving over. He seems like a WWE lifer to me. He's prob playing games but in his post he tagged The Revival and Elias. Rumors that a lot of people with contracts coming up want to jump over there. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 9:52 am

Watched Smackdown last night and I have to admit it was pretty entertaining even though it was mostly made up on the fly due to most of the stars being stuck in Saudi Arabia thanks to mechanical issues with their flight.  I didn't know any of the NXT stars who "invaded" Smackdown but they all gave pretty good accountings of themselves and having them win all their matches against Smackdown guys made NXT look like it could compete with "the big boys".

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 10:35 pm

Smackdown Friday shows what I was talking about with NXT. Get Vince out of the way (he was one of the ones stranded in Saudi) and WWE can put on a good show.

Anyone going to order the AEW PPV next weekend? I think I will, just for the unsanctioned match between Moxley and Omega alone. Been so long since I've seen a violent wrestling match with some blood (last time was when Lesnar opened up Orton the hard way).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 12:24 am

Interesting question I read in a youtube wrestling video. Which is better: Current WWE or 2000 WCW?

At least WWE hasn't made a Lana on a pole match between Lashley and Rusev... yet.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 11:11 pm

Jericho's video mocking Cody's previous video was hilarious! Come on, they brought Virgil in for it! To quote Jack Hager, "............." Pretty much sums it up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 9:15 pm

Since I'm the only one (that I know of) on here who watches NXT so you guys wouldn't know about this but I thought it was hilarious.

As we all know, what makes or breaks a wrestling show is crowd interaction. If the crowd isn't into it, chances are it's a bust. One of the things that makes NXT compelling is the hot crowd.

Anyways, it was a match for the cruiserweight championship. Champion Leo Rush against challenger Angel Garza (nephew of Hector Garza from WCW cruiserweight fame). Garza has this wicked looking finishing move called the Wing Clipper:

He does the move to Leo but only gets a two count. Failing this he gets Leo in the position for the move and goes up the turnbuckle to do it there. While this is happening the crowd starts chanting:

"Please don't die! Please don't die!"

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 10:38 pm

I've started watching NXT.  AEW is getting too predictable with too many squash matches so I now flip back and forth.  I saw that Garza/Rush match.  I also saw that chick get kicked in the mouth and bleed a gusher.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 10:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've started watching NXT.  AEW is getting too predictable with too many squash matches so I now flip back and forth.  I saw that Garza/Rush match.  I also saw that chick get kicked in the mouth and bleed a gusher.

That was nothing compared to the girl in the main event ladder match (not sure if you saw that part). Ladder smacked her right in the bridge of the nose and a spray of blood landed on the mat.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 8:47 am

Still hanging with AEW and NWA Power, haven't watched NXT other than the first week. I guess I should DVR it and check it out.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 8:50 am

I assume this is it? If so it looks like the blood was cut out

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 9:01 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
I assume this is it? If so it looks like the blood was cut out

Yeah, at 0:57 it got cut out. Several minutes are missing, lame!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 9:26 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

That was nothing compared to the girl in the main event ladder match (not sure if you saw that part). Ladder smacked her right in the bridge of the nose and a spray of blood landed on the mat.

I was watching AEW when it actually happened.  By the time I flipped back to NXT I just saw the blood on the nose and a replay of what caused it.

I think I'm going to start watching NXT first then flipping over to AEW occasionally.  I've watched bits and pieces of NXT each of the last three weeks and enjoyed it more than AEW.  Maybe it's the crossover promotion going on leading up to Survivor Series, who knows?

I wish one of them would move to Tuesdays so I'd have something to watch every night during baseball's off-season.  Right now Tuesdays are a wasteland for me.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Hearing the announcers talk about how impressive Nyla Rose is I can't take seriously. I'm not impressed with a biological man with a chopadickoffofme dominating biological women.

Then again, maybe I'm just a transphobic bigot.
don\'t know
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Wait Nyla Rose is a dude?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 6:55 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

Yeah, I had no idea either.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 9:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

Yeah, I had no idea either.

I didn't know until some time after seeing "her" the first time in the women's championship match against Riho. I did have suspicions because I noticed that there was something off apart from the size difference and in the back of my mind I remember Cody Rhodes bragging about a transgendered wrestler they signed. Then I read an article where Nyla talked about it and basically called people with views like mine bigots. Whatever, I'm still not impressed with "her" wrestling skills and don't believe "she" should be there. I cringed with every power move "she" made on that jobber Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 10:36 pm

I guess I don't care since pro wrestling is a "scripted" athletic display and everyone who gets in the ring with "her" knows what they're doing. 

But I think I have a completely different take on this issue when it comes to legitimate sports competitions because I believe transgendered women have a significant advantage over biological women when competing in the "women's division" of any real sport.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 11:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I guess I don't care since pro wrestling is a "scripted" athletic display and everyone who gets in the ring with "her" knows what they're doing. 

But I think I have a completely different take on this issue when it comes to legitimate sports competitions because I believe transgendered women have a significant advantage over biological women when competing in the "women's division" of any real sport.

My only problem is with the unplanned things. Wrestlers make mistakes and a mistake with Nyla could have a result worse than a mistake from an actual woman. And Nyla has not been wrestling very long so a mistake is very possible. Barring anything like that, I wouldn't really care.

On the subject of legitimate sports I wholeheartedly agree.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 6:31 am

New song from Jericho
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 8:30 am

I've always liked that song.  That sounds pretty much like the Kinks' version.

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 10 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: