Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeRegisterLog in

 

 What do you do for work?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 10205
Age : 55

What do you do for work? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2019 3:26 am

I literally get to play with giant Tonka toys from March-November. Work for a regional outfit that does dirt & asphalt road/highway work in Montana, Wyoming, and North Dakota. My time is split between operating heavy equipment & driving tractor/trailer. Love it!

_________________
What do you do for work? - Page 8 Th?id=OIP.Mf8_L3e01kyREFChW4XK_gEsDG&w=299&h=198&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
Troublezone

Number of posts : 13757
Age : 44

What do you do for work? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2019 6:55 pm

Still a driver with Hertz.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30163
Age : 60

What do you do for work? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2019 7:06 pm

James B. wrote:
I literally get to play with giant Tonka toys from March-November.  Work for a regional outfit that does dirt & asphalt road/highway work in Montana, Wyoming, and North Dakota.  My time is split between operating heavy equipment & driving tractor/trailer. Love it!


That's cool; there's nothing like getting paid for doing something you enjoy doing. 

I'm in the same boat; I love looking for clues to solve puzzles and I get paid to do that in the IT world.  Sure, like anyone else there are days my job sucks but overall I really like what I do and you really can't ask for more than that.

_________________
"The cat is the most ruthless, most terrifying of animals." - Spock in the "Catspaw" episode of ToS Season 2.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428
Age : 46

What do you do for work? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 10:02 pm

I left 17 years of retail management behind to become a banker. So far...I like it. Smile
Back to top Go down
ChynaPearl
Metal novice
Metal novice
ChynaPearl

Number of posts : 8
Age : 45

What do you do for work? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 1:16 pm

Right now I am disabled, but, I used to be a substitute teacher and I was a cashier at Wal-Mart for a short period of time..8-]]
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30163
Age : 60

What do you do for work? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 9:20 pm

Welcome ChynaPearl!

LOVE the avatar!  

Naturally...
<-------

_________________
"The cat is the most ruthless, most terrifying of animals." - Spock in the "Catspaw" episode of ToS Season 2.
Back to top Go down
ChynaPearl
Metal novice
Metal novice
ChynaPearl

Number of posts : 8
Age : 45

What do you do for work? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 4:32 pm

I currently do not work because I am disabled, but, way back when I used to work I was a substitute teacher 8-]]
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 1694
Age : 50

What do you do for work? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 9:51 pm

ChynaPearl wrote:
Right now I am disabled, but, I used to be a substitute teacher and I was a cashier at Wal-Mart for a short period of time..8-]]

You don't say?

ChynaPearl wrote:
I currently do not work because I am disabled, but, way back when I used to work I was a substitute teacher 8-]]

You don't say?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 25636
Age : 35

What do you do for work? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 10:23 pm

From September 2019 until recently, I was a data processing clerk. I was on a contract term that ended recently. However, in March, when most places started closing due to COVID-19, my supervisor contacted me and told me there would be no work that day. The next day, I found out not to go back unless he messaged me. My contract just ended, and I have filed for unemployment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wrecked Neck
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 1694
Age : 50

What do you do for work? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 1:58 am

Required Fields wrote:
From September 2019 until recently, I was a data processing clerk. I was on a contract term that ended recently. However, in March, when most places started closing due to COVID-19, my supervisor contacted me and told me there would be no work that day. The next day, I found out not to go back unless he messaged me. My contract just ended, and I have filed for unemployment.

That sucks, sorry to hear man. Hope you can find something soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




What do you do for work? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do for work?   What do you do for work? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
What do you do for work?
Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: