Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting article about Metal Archives

Go down 
+11
Dark Horseman
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Sword Of The Heretic
Lari
kethdredd
martinsane
John Madden
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Interesting article about Metal Archives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 4:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
I have never been to the site, nor did I read the article, but is it "his" music collection? or simply a review site?

It's meant to be an "encyclopedia" site/database for metal. It's collaborative (user-driven) like Wikipedia. Members can add bands/releases, edit band member/discography info, post album reviews, etc.

I've never been on their forums, but I tried posting a couple of album reviews there a few years back, and they rejected 'em all, so I said (ala Cartman from South Park) "Fine, screw you guys. I'm goin' home." I've only used the site for looking up discography info since then.

Ahh...okay, that makes sense. Thanks, Keith. I will more than likely steer clear of them. Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Interesting article about Metal Archives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 4:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
I have never been to the site, nor did I read the article, but is it "his" music collection? or simply a review site?

It's meant to be an "encyclopedia" site/database for metal. It's collaborative (user-driven) like Wikipedia. Members can add bands/releases, edit band member/discography info, post album reviews, etc.

I've never been on their forums, but I tried posting a couple of album reviews there a few years back, and they rejected 'em all, so I said (ala Cartman from South Park) "Fine, screw you guys. I'm goin' home." I've only used the site for looking up discography info since then.

Dude their reviews are seriously the worst. paragraphs and paragraphs of eye-rolling hyperbole and elitist snobbery. I don't think I've ever completely read a review there all the way through. Your stuff would've made the site a much happier place to visit haha.

No doubt. FF's Hubpages are always a fun and well thought out read. At the risk of sounding like the "aging metalhead" that I am, I have a mental picture now of that place full of reviews from 25 year olds in their hot topic bought metal shirts with illegible band logos saying, "dude. that's so not Metal" and posing elitist.

One thing I learned about the music we all love is the rich history and large umbrella that shades over a lot of subgenres. I don't love all Metal bands but I certainly wouldn't deny them their rightful place simply because I don't like them. Maybe someday more people will come to that conclusion.
Back to top Go down

Interesting article about Metal Archives
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2