Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting article about Metal Archives

Go down 
+11
Dark Horseman
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Sword Of The Heretic
Lari
kethdredd
martinsane
John Madden
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

Interesting article about Metal Archives Empty
PostSubject: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 10:24 pm

http://www.deathmetal.org/news/metal-archives-loser-moderator-outed/

I found this article pretty interesting. Morrigan has been a mysterious controversial character for a long time....
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 10:29 pm

That is interesting and explains the self proclaimed elitist view points of the MOD's over there.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 5:59 am

Interesting indeed. And funny title for the article.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 10:35 am

LOL that's not an article, that's a hit piece. It may be true but it's basically a guy ranting.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 10:56 am

No idea about who Morrigan or whoever is, but that piece was stupid.

But Metal Archives is also stupid for not including glam & nu-metal, because "they" (I'm assuming this Morrigan person?) don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 12:10 pm

Morrigan is the owner of the site. I wouldn't be surprised if the author of this hit piece is some "Kvlt kiddie" who doxxed Morrigan because something didn't go his way.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 12:15 pm

I've read that article 3 times now and I still can't make heads or tails of it or why I should care. But I can say that for most of what gets posted as news these days. Carry on, I guess.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Lari wrote:
No idea about who Morrigan or whoever is, but that piece was stupid.

But Metal Archives is also stupid for not including glam & nu-metal, because "they" (I'm assuming this Morrigan person?) don't like it.

This.

It's a great site but smacks too much of the whole " tr00 " crowd. There are so many subgenres missing and it's obviously intentional.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 12:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've read that article 3 times now and I still can't make heads or tails of it or why I should care. But I can say that for most of what gets posted as news these days. Carry on, I guess.

Dude, I swear I had the exact same reaction. "What's a Morrigan? Who gives a shit?" Laughing very hard

The only thing I use Metal Archives for is looking up discography info, I've never been on the forum. Therefore I got no skin in this game (shrugs).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 2:01 pm

It must be an age thing. I read it and besides being annoyed by the horrible grammar, just couldn't find myself very interested in what was being said.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 7:17 pm

That guys life must be pretty easy to be that upset about basically nothing.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 8:12 pm

I think this was an April Fool's Day prank.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 8:41 pm

Required Fields wrote:

I thought so too until I read the date the article was posted: December 1, 2018
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 8:42 pm

Required Fields wrote:

If it was, it started early. The blog post he linked to is from December.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 8:43 pm

(sees Sword of the Heretic's post)

....great minds think alike. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 9:38 pm

Isn't a "Morrigan" when you get to do your shot over in golf?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 9:38 pm

Hheheheh Smile
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 7:48 am

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

I thought so too until I read the date the article was posted: December 1, 2018

Didn't notice that, even though M-A has a history of April Fool's Day pranks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 10:22 am

Required Fields wrote:

Didn't notice that, even though M-A has a history of April Fool's Day pranks.

Their April Fool gag this year was to announce that they were splitting into two sites, "Good Metal Archives" and "Bad Metal Archives."

...predictably, Facebook metal groups were full of angry posts about it from numb nuts who didn't get the joke. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 5:41 pm

Morrigan looks Moreaman.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 9:51 am

I have never been to the site, nor did I read the article, but is it "his" music collection? or simply a review site?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 10:04 am

the sentinel wrote:
I have never been to the site, nor did I read the article, but is it "his" music collection? or simply a review site?

It's meant to be an "encyclopedia" site/database for metal. It's collaborative (user-driven) like Wikipedia. Members can add bands/releases, edit band member/discography info, post album reviews, etc.

I've never been on their forums, but I tried posting a couple of album reviews there a few years back, and they rejected 'em all, so I said (ala Cartman from South Park) "Fine, screw you guys. I'm goin' home." I've only used the site for looking up discography info since then.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 10:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

It's meant to be an "encyclopedia" site/database for metal. It's collaborative (user-driven) like Wikipedia. Members can add bands/releases, edit band member/discography info, post album reviews, etc.

I've never been on their forums, but I tried posting a couple of album reviews there a few years back, and they rejected 'em all, so I said (ala Cartman from South Park) "Fine, screw you guys. I'm goin' home." I've only used the site for looking up discography info since then.

Dude their reviews are seriously the worst. paragraphs and paragraphs of eye-rolling hyperbole and elitist snobbery. I don't think I've ever completely read a review there all the way through. Your stuff would've made the site a much happier place to visit haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 12:09 pm

Oh yea, their reviews are brutal to get through. It's pretty decent for band discography info, but other than that, I avoid them.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 3:16 pm

Dont they have a policy where they ban track-by-track album reviews, even though that's the main format other review sites use?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting article about Metal Archives   Interesting article about Metal Archives Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting article about Metal Archives
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next