Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven's Edge

Go down 
+4
Gilbert
nevermore
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Heaven's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Heaven's Edge   Heaven's Edge Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 11:38 am

Some of you might recognize the name. They had a great following in the Philly/South Jersey club scene back in the day and were touted as the next big thing out of Philly following the success of Cinderella and Britny Fox. Then grunge, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Anyway, the last few years have seen them reunite and play some gigs in the area. It was recently posted that original bassist George "GG" Guidotti has stage 4 lung cancer.

https://sleazeroxx.com/heavens-edge-postpone-upcoming-shows-while-bassist-george-g-g-guidotti-battles-stage-4-lung-cancer/

Thru a mutual friend, I've had the pleasure to meet and hang with George on a few occasions, so this news hit a little harder than usual. He's a good dude, so keep him in your thoughts and prayers, send him positive vibes, good juju or whatever.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

Heaven's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven's Edge   Heaven's Edge Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 12:01 pm

That's a bummer. I had HE's debut on cassette back in the day, never got around to upgrading to a CD copy tho.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Heaven's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven's Edge   Heaven's Edge Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 12:09 pm

It's also worth mentioning the George survived a goddamn shotgun blast to the stomach and chest back in the day.

If I remember correctly, a dude got kicked out of a nightclub one night while the band performed. He came back later that night with a shotgun and took a shot at the first person that opened up the door outback. That person was George.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26445

Heaven's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven's Edge   Heaven's Edge Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 12:26 pm

Terrible news. Wishing him all the best!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Heaven's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven's Edge   Heaven's Edge Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 3:00 pm

Gonna be a tough battle. I hope he beats this damn cancer. Best wishes Georges. We love you.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Heaven's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven's Edge   Heaven's Edge Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 10:40 pm

Cancer sucks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Heaven's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven's Edge   Heaven's Edge Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 11:07 pm

I remember seeing ads for this band in Metal Edge magazine.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Heaven's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven's Edge   Heaven's Edge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 2:27 am

I remember them and the song Play Dirty. Wishing George all the best.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Heaven's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven's Edge   Heaven's Edge Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 8:29 pm

Oh, man. I will certainly add him to my prayer list. As for the band and hteir music, I got this one on disc and I really like it. A strong listen all the way through and I love the long intro to "Play Dirty" the way it incorporates lines from the other songs on the album. That one makes a lot of my compilations. Other standout cuts, to me anyway, are the fast paced "Can't Catch Me" and "Bad Reputation" crushes as well. I found this a few years back I a used shop and remembered the name. I quickly checked them out on my phone and was hooked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heaven's Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven's Edge   Heaven's Edge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven's Edge
Page 1 of 1