Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edge of Sanity

Go down 
+4
stormspell
Eyesore
Wurthless
metalhead777
8 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Anyone else into this band? Loved both Crimson and Crimson II, although I never listened to any of their other albums or even any of the other material made by Dan Swano. I'd post a link for those interested, but considering the only stuff I've listened to are two 40 minute long songs, I'll spare you the trouble Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 7:24 pm

If you like Crimson, do yourself a favor and check out Dan Swano's Moontower album. I like it more than any of Edge of Sanity's stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:20 pm

Moontower is brilliant. Some here hate Dan's voice, but I think nearly everything he's done is brilliant. The other Edge of Sanity albums are pretty excellent, even those Dan isn't on. His Nightingale project is also awesome, though not death metal.

If you dig his work with Edge of Sanity and on the Moontower album, you must check this out:

Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Moontower is brilliant. Some here hate Dan's voice, but I think nearly everything he's done is brilliant. The other Edge of Sanity albums are pretty excellent, even those Dan isn't on. His Nightingale project is also awesome, though not death metal.

If you dig his work with Edge of Sanity and on the Moontower album, you must check this out:

Really digging this! Reminds me of Opeths proggy tendencies without flat out being well...Opeth.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 4:23 am

The Witherscape album is awesome. It's a very dynamic album.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 11:14 pm

If you havent heard Purgatory Afterglow and The Spectral Sorrow you know EOS not... it is really as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 2:26 pm

stormspell wrote:
If you havent heard Purgatory Afterglow and The Spectral Sorrow you know EOS not... it is really as simple as that.
Actually got my hands on their discography yesterday and listened to Purgatory Afterglow. Really quality death metal.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 2:37 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Really digging this! Reminds me of Opeths proggy tendencies without flat out being well...Opeth.

So it might not suck?

I'll check this out.

I'm pretty split with the 'Moontower' record, I really really dig about half the songs and then another half of them I could do without.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 2:01 am

I really loved EoS's first 5. They started to get spotty for me starting with Infernal.

As for Swano's other projects, they are hit or miss for me. I don't care much for his clean vox at all. So if they are dominate, it's hard for me to get into.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:38 pm

This is one of my all time favorite bands and I have their entire collection. I was and still am a freak for these guys! All their albums kick ass! Unorthodox is my favorite but Spectral Sorrows and Purgatory Afterglow follow pretty close 2nd. Hell I even like the album without Dan Swano.
Back to top Go down

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:02 am

Listening to "Crimson" for the first time tonight. Impressive record, really dig the arrangements and all the changes in style/mood throughout. I could check out more stuff like this.

I do agree with MC666 on the clean vocals though, it's a tad cheesy.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:46 am

I always did mean to check these guys out... I remember seeing Nothing But Death Remains in a used bin a couple years back, but never went back and picked it up.

Edge of Sanity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge of Sanity   Edge of Sanity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edge of Sanity
Page 1 of 1