Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Helix Album - Old School!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

New Helix Album - Old School! Empty
PostSubject: New Helix Album - Old School!   New Helix Album - Old School! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 5:47 am

NEW HELIX ALBUM THIS SPRING

Being the Helix fanatic that I have always been, I wanted to be the first to announce a new album that harkens back to the Paul Hackman [RIP] days. I always get excited for anything Vollmer-related, as we have been semi-friends for many years. This is great news. Will post samples as they are available. Until then, Here is some cool tunes from the extremely underrated/under-appreciated Helix era that they will be pulling old songs from:

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: New Helix Album - Old School!   New Helix Album - Old School! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 9:18 am

I suppose I’m a fan of Helix. Someone said there’s a book out there about them.
That’s something I’d might like to glance through - but you don’t get much dirt - in these type books.
They are considered a top metal Canada act. Etc etc ( ‘Metal on Ice’ book )
I remember seeing a live version of “Dream On” that they did - absolutely amazing.
My only real top favorite song by them is “ Love Hungry Eyes “.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: New Helix Album - Old School!   New Helix Album - Old School! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 11:11 am

I love Helix - I only have a few albums by them but they are all great catchy Heavy Metal.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Helix Album - Old School!   New Helix Album - Old School! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Yeah, I saw this on SR the other day. Great band. I have been building my Helix collection on vinyl as opposed to CD the last year or two. They are just so 1980's for me and carry that flag high. Cool to hear about you and Vollmer, Unc. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Helix Album - Old School!   New Helix Album - Old School! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Helix Album - Old School!
Page 1 of 1