Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELIX or KIX

Go down 
+16
martinsane
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
tohostudios
Thrasher73
nevermore
Thelemech
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
moonspell67
Glower
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What band is your most favored ?
HELIX
HELIX or KIX Vote_lcap35%HELIX or KIX Vote_rcap
 35% [ 9 ]
KIX
HELIX or KIX Vote_lcap65%HELIX or KIX Vote_rcap
 65% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3173

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 11:08 am

American band vs Canadian band.
Both are pretty damn good........
but if you had to pick ?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 11:14 am

I think I know only one or two Helix songs so by default I go with Kix, who I think are actually pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
moonspell67
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
moonspell67

Number of posts : 463

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 12:27 pm

I'm Canadian and have met Helix twice- good fellas. But Kix is super. I vote Kix.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 12:41 pm

I'll probably be the odd man out here but I could never get into Kix that much.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Kix here too. Helix had some good stuff here 'n' there but I never got into'em whole hog.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 1:29 pm

KIX
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 2:13 pm

Kix
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 2:48 pm

KIX
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Kix
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Kix for me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 6:10 pm

Kix for me
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 6:18 pm

007 wrote:
I think I know only one or two Helix songs so by default I go with Kix, who I think are  actually pretty damn good.

Same here.  Conversely I have every Kix album AND all the Funny Money albums so I have to vote Kix

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 6:19 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'll probably be the odd man out here but I could never get into Kix that much.

Not just "here"; you're just an odd man.  \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 6:55 pm

Can't even deny that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 6:56 pm

Laughing very hard

headbanger

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 10:03 pm

KIX by a 100 mile margin.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Kix, without question.

Can't really say I'm all to familiar with Helix. Even when I looked them up to see if I knew the songs, I didn't really know them. 'Rock You' sounded vaguely familiar, but that was it.

The most interesting thing I found out about them was a video they shot for the song 'Gimme Good Lovin' featuring a bunch of topless chicks, one of them being the very underage Traci Lords.

It's obviously incredibly NSFW, so I won't post it here. But it was still kinda bizarre that they would shoot something like that. Wikipedia says it was shot to be played on adult cable channels back in the day. Who knew there was a market for that?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 10:13 am

Helix by a mile. Love, Love, Love Kix - but Helix's discography is 3x bigger and better.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 11:20 am

Quote :
The most interesting thing I found out about them was a video they shot for the song 'Gimme Good Lovin' featuring a bunch of topless chicks, one of them being the very underage Traci Lords.

It's obviously incredibly NSFW, so I won't post it here. But it was still kinda bizarre that they would shoot something like that. Wikipedia says it was shot to be played on adult cable channels back in the day. Who knew there was a market for that?

If memory serves, the then-new Playboy Channel had a music video show called "Hot Rocks" or something along those lines, it was probably shot for that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 11:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

If memory serves, the then-new Playboy Channel had a music video show called "Hot Rocks" or something along those lines, it was probably shot for that.

I imagine my then-13 year old brain would have short-circuited with those visuals.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 11:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I imagine my then-13 year old brain would have short-circuited with those visuals.

There was also a naughty video version of Rock You that surfaced at the same time as the excellent Gimme Good Lovin video.

For the poll Kix is the winner but the first 3 Helix records are quintessential.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 2:56 pm

i like both but went with Kix.

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 1:08 pm

HELIX or KIX 51CYruat%2BSL._SS500

all The Way!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Can hardly argue with how excellent this Helix tune is:

https://vimeo.com/119817823

Here is just the song, appears the "official" vidja is only available on the Vimeo.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 5:23 pm

martinsane wrote:
Can hardly argue with how excellent this Helix tune is:

https://vimeo.com/119817823

Here is just the song, appears the "official" vidja is only available on the Vimeo.

That's one of the few Helix tunes I know.

HELIX or KIX Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELIX or KIX   HELIX or KIX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELIX or KIX
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next