Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 8:42 pm

Quote :
Wow, where are you coming up with these bottom of the barrel flicks FF?

On the streaming service "Tubi-TV," which has a really weird mix of obvious and obscure flicks... it's a cold n' snowy day and we've been trapped in the house, so we've been OD'ing on their obscure crap, haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Continuing our "It's too damn cold out, stay inside and watch movies" Marathon. Fortunately these two were better than "Bunni" and "Don't F*** In The Woods Laughing very hard

"Suburban Gothic" (2014)

A slacker with a budding interest in the paranormal is forced to move back into his parents' home, just in time to unravel a supernatural mystery occurring at the ol' homestead. A quirky horror/fantasy comedy that's kinda like a low-rent mashup of "Beetlejuice" and "The Frighteners," which gets by mostly thanks to the charm of its two leads, Matthew Gray Gubler of "Criminal Minds" and Kat Dennings of "Two Broke Girls."

"The Cabin In The Woods" (2012)

Five twenty-somethings on a weekend outing in the middle of nowhere accidentally awaken an ancient evil. Sounds familiar, but little do they know, it's all being controlled from behind the scenes, as part of something even bigger. Joss "Buffy" Whedon co-wrote this cult horror/sci-fi hit that takes all of the cliches' of horror films and puts them through the wringer to create something entertaining, weird and original. Recommended.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 12:50 pm

"Solo: A Star Wars Story" (2018)

Alden Ehrenreich (who?) stars as young Han Solo in the beloved smuggler's "origin story," which takes us back to his days as a struggling young hustler and wanna-be outlaw who hooks up with a more experienced thief (Woody Harrelson) for a dangerous job involving some very bad people. Along the way, he meets his future co-pilot Chewie for the first time and gains ownership of the Millennium Falcon from his fellow pirate Lando Calrissian, along with plenty of high speed space battles, fist fights and impressive action sequences.
"Solo" had a troubled production (the original directors were fired halfway through filming and Ron Howard was brought in to "fix" the movie) and under-performed at the box office, which has threatened the future of the "Star Wars Story" adventures. That's a shame, because I thought this flick was great fun and I would have liked to see more stand-alone films like this one.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 9:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

They're making a sequel.

I'm not surprised... IMDB sez its budget was only $10K, they probably made that back (and then some) just from selling the streaming rights.

What're they gonna call it, "We Told You Not to F*** in the Woods?" Laughing very hard

That would be a funny sequel title. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18937

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 2:28 am

Masters of Horror:Chocolate (2005)-a newly divorced man begins having visions of a woman whom he soon becomes obsessed with. After he envisions her commiting a murder, he tracks her down only to discover their meeting isn't exactly love at first sight as he had hoped. This is a fairly weak entry in the MOH series as I thought the story was a little underdeveloped and weak with only some minimal gore at the end. I give it 2 out of 5 chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:19 am

The Goldbergs
Schooled
Modern Family
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 5:05 pm

"Lone Wolf McQuade" (1983)

Chuck Norris is a bad-ass Texas Ranger sworn to bring down a slimy arms dealer (David Carradine) who's been hijacking military weapons shipments and selling the goods to terrorists south of the border. As you might expect, lots of butts are kicked and stuff blows up frequently.
...so in other words, this was basically the ultra-violent pilot episode to "Walker, Texas Ranger," made ten years early. Very Happy Strangely, even though "McQuade" is considered to be one of Chuck''s best, this was my first time seeing this flick; I think for a long time I confused it with "Silent Rage," which I have seen.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Live-PD
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 9:44 am

I love Cabin In The Woods.  It sort of loses it's punch on repeated viewings but the first time I saw it I was blown away by what unfolded on the screen.

PS:  That one scene made me dig out my REO albums for the first time in years.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 10:44 am

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Conversations-with-a-killer-ted-bundy-tapes-netflix

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 11:10 am

^^ My wife and I have been watching that Ted Bundy doc too. Great stuff. Prob finish it up tonight.

This morning over coffee:
"House" (2008)

Not to be confused with the '80s horror classic "House" or the '70s Japanese flick "Hausu" (aka "House"), this flick is about a pair of squabbling couples who find themselves trapped at a back-woods bed & breakfast one stormy night after a traffic accident. They think they've found a safe haven but as they poke around the creepy ol' place they eventually learn that it's home to a supernatural evil that (of course) has nefarious plans for them all.
This flick started off promising, but began losing steam about half way thru and completely fell apart in the last quarter. It's got a few decent creepy moments and decent performances by horror mainstay Bill "Chop Top" Mosely and the always-welcome Michael Madsen, though, so I've sat thru worse.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 1:22 pm

Watched 'Conversations with Ted Bundy' on Netflix, took me a few days, excellent and disturbing documentary
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 5:04 pm

The Werewolf (1958)

Due to typical 50s movie styled mad scientists, a man gains the ability to transform a werewolf when under stress (shades of the Hulk!). Despite the generic title, this wasn't too bad of a film and was better than I expected.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 10:32 pm

"Rebirth of Mothra"

I bought the blu-ray box set of the 90s "Mothra" series a while back and since the cats are still boarded at my vet I decided to take the opportunity to watch the first movie in the set.

I've seen this one before (unlike the other movies in this box set) and after watching it again I still hold the same opinion of it.  The FX range from really crappy (the obviously superimposed images of the fairies and Belvera flying around on their respective creatures) to pretty decent (the fight scenes between Mothra and Desghidorah). 

This entry is just OK; it's definitely one for the kiddies but the monsters actually look pretty good.  I'm looking forward to the other two in this box set but have no idea when I'll be able to watch them since I'm picking up the cats tomorrow morning.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 11:25 pm

^^^ I had heard of this movie but never saw it. Being a "kiddie" movie never really had me yearning to see it. Is your version dubbed or subtitled? Subtitled always seems to be the better version.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 8:52 am

It's both.  I always watch the subtitled version.  Rebirth Of Mothra is the only film I know of where Ghidorah walks on 4 legs.  He also flies later on when he sprouts wings.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 9:36 am

Watched 'Arrival' yesterday, one of the best and intelligent sci-fi films I have seen in a long time
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 6:16 pm

Until The Light Takes Us
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 6:06 am

Curtains (1983)

An actress, wrongfully abandoned in an asylum by her director husdnad, escapes to attend a casting call for a movie at a remote snowed in mansion. A masked killer then begins picking them off one by one. The print of this that I watched was dark. So farther it was hard to tell what was going in some spots. It was also a rather bloodless affair. Rather forgettable, actually.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18937

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 5:05 pm

Drag Me to Hell
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 10:09 pm

Solo. I'm with Keith, what an unexpectedly fun ride! The critics really got this movie wrong. I can't believe Ron Middle-of-the-Road Howard salvaged the pic so pitch perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 6:50 am

"Joan Jett: Bad Reputation" (2018)

Cool documentary covering the highs and lows of Joan Jett's storied career. Clips and interviews examine her humble beginnings with the Runaways in the 70s, the global superstardom as a solo artist in the 80s, her impact on the "riot grrl" movement in the 90s, and caps things off with her well deserved induction into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in the 2000s. No matter what decade it is, JJ is still badass.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 8:24 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 9:18 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Murder-Mountain-1-810x456
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Joan Jett: Bad Reputation" (2018)

Cool documentary covering the highs and lows of Joan Jett's storied career. Clips and interviews examine her humble beginnings with the Runaways in the 70s, the global superstardom as a solo artist in the 80s, her impact on the "riot grrl" movement in the 90s, and caps things off with her well deserved induction into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in the 2000s. No matter what decade it is, JJ is still badass.

I've been wanting to see this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 4 of 44Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24 ... 44  Next