Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2653

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 44 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 44 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 1:16 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Dolemite Is My Name" (2019)

Eddie Murphy stars in this funny, funky period piece as Rudy Ray Moore -  who was a washed up stand-up comic in the early '70s until he risked everything to turn "Dolemite," the heroic, ass kickin' kung-fu master and super pimp from his comedy routines, into a low budget "blaxploitation" film.
Murphy's performance is great and he's backed by a fantastic supporting cast that includes Keegan Michael Key, Craig Robinson, Titus Burgess, and even Wesley Snipes (where have you seen him lately?).
Thanks to this movie and his killer performance hosting "SNL" a couple of weeks ago, it looks like Eddie's comeback is in full swing.

That was a great flick, made me want to find some of the movies it was based on.

I'm currently watching the Netflix series of The Witcher. Pretty good so far, but haven't gotten that far yet.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 44 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 6:38 am

Quote :
That was a great flick, made me want to find some of the movies it was based on. 

To prep for Eddie's movie, I watched the original "Dolemite" on Amazon Prime (I think it was Amazon, anyway) a couple of weeks ago. It's terrible, but it's an entertaining sort of terrible. Haha.

I just noticed a few nights ago that some of Rudy Ray Moore's other movies (incl. the "Dolemite" sequel, "The Human Tornado") are on the Tubi-TV free streaming app, but I haven't checked any of them out yet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 44 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 7:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

To prep for Eddie's movie, I watched the original "Dolemite" on Amazon Prime (I think it was Amazon, anyway) a couple of weeks ago. It's terrible, but it's an entertaining sort of terrible. Haha.

I just noticed a few nights ago that some of Rudy Ray Moore's other movies (incl. the "Dolemite" sequel, "The Human Tornado") are on the Tubi-TV free streaming app, but I haven't checked any of them out yet.

Too many streaming apps and things, I can't keep up with them. Not very heard of tubi until now, but I might check it out justified that lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 44 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 9:04 pm

Tubi is prob the streaming service I use most. It's free (you do hafta put up with a couple of ad breaks during your movie) and they have a surprisingly deep catalog of stuff. I've found tons of amazing 60s/70s/80s horror/exploitation movies on there

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 44 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2019 9:24 pm

Nice, I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the info Freddy.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 44 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 1:06 am

Holy shit this Dolemite movie (the original) is terrible lol I love it! Tubi is awesome Freddy, I can even live with the commercials. Thanks again! Wink
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 44 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 8:04 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Holy shit this Dolemite movie (the original) is terrible lol I love it! Tubi is awesome Freddy, I can even live with the commercials. Thanks again! Wink

Cool, man. Enjoy! Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 44 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 44 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44