Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 37 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 5:45 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

That reminds me of a flick from a year later called Brainscan.  Starred Edward "T2" Furlong.

Yep, I remember that one too (haven't seen it in years tho). In fact, while I was watching "Arcade" I was thinking of "Brainscan" and wondering which one came first.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Seinfeld
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 11:46 am

It Chapter Two. Not as strong or surreal as the first one, but still rather good. The casting is pitch-perfect and matches the kids up to their adult counterparts much better than the miniseries did. Someone give Bill Hader an Oscar; he NAILED the part of Ritchie.

I do find it crazy that the studio was okay with a 3-hour runtime for the sequel. That was a hell of a long horror movie.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 12:58 am

Watching a trippy movie called Bright on Netflix staring Will Smith. About half way through it right now, but I'm liking it.

In an alternate present day, humans, orcs, elves and fairies have been coexisting since the beginning of time. Two police officers, one a human, the other an orc, embark on a routine night patrol that will alter the future of their world as they know it. Battling both their own personal differences as well as an onslaught of enemies, they must work together to protect a young female elf and a thought-to-be-forgotten relic, which, in the wrong hands, could destroy everything.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 5:16 am

Finished up Lost In Space on Netflux
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 8:15 pm

"One Armed Executioner" (1981)

You know what you're gonna get with a title like that, huh? Smile
...an Interpol agent in Manila tangles with drug dealers who kill his new bride and cut off his arm. After drowning in booze and self pity for awhile, he learns how to kick ass single-handedly and goes out for revenge.
This primo slab of action packed Filipino-sploitation from the makers of "They Call Her Cleopatra Wong" features the usual awkward dubbing, hilarious overacting, and TV cop show production values. This would make for a great double feature with the equally WTF "Mr. No Legs."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Godzilla - King Of The Monsters

I'm going to have to watch this multiple times before I form a final opinion.

For sure this is THE BEST the classic Toho monsters have ever looked and the FX are fantastic.
But the plot seems pretty weak after my first viewing...and I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense.  

The plot was bollocks, plain and simple.  lol!

Watched this again last night since the Cardinals played a day game.

All the eco-terrorist crap still annoys the hell outta me and I find the resolution where "miraculously" "love" conquers all to be hard to swallow. But if you ignore all that crap and just focus on the monster scenes this flick is great. And if you sit through all the credits you'll see that they set up a sequel. Whether that happens or not is problematic because I'm told this movie did not meet monetary expectations.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 4:45 pm

"The Mutilator" (1985, aka "Fall Break")

This flick had one of the most irresistible tag lines of the VHS era: "By sword... by pick...by axe...bye bye!" Unfortunately the movie doesn't come close to living up to that promise.
Ten years ago, a kid accidentally killed his Mom in a gun-cleaning mishap. When he's summoned to the family's deserted beach condo to close it up for the seaso, he and his college friends use it as an excuse for a party weekend. Unfortunately his now-psychotic Dad starts picking them off one by one.
...sooo yeah, this is ultra cheap slasher junk with an even thinner premise than usual for the genre. A few bloody kills dont make up for the totally amateur-level production values and performances.
As I'm so fond of saying: AVOID.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 2:49 pm

"Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw" (1976)

A year before she became "Wonder Woman," Lynda Carter made her feature film debut in this Southern fried "Bonnie & Clyde" update as "Bobbie Jo," a naive small town waitress who falls for a charming drifter (Marjoe "Starcrash" Gortner) and becomes his partner in a series of bank robberies. Naturally this leads to lots of car chases, gun battles and explosions.

Honestly, this is a pretty run-of-the-mill '70s redneck-sploitation action flick, but it's worth watching just for Ms. Carter, cuz she was **ridiculously** hot, and she gets her Wonder-boobs out a couple of times.

If I'd known about this movie when I was 12, I probably would've watched it a hundred times. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 5:01 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 11:15 am

The Celebrity Roast of Alec Baldwin.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 10:42 am

Been watching a new show on Netflix called Marianne. It's a French horror series, so you have to read along unless you speak French. Only three episodes in, but it's very good. And I usually hate watching foreign movies.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 7:34 pm

France has been producing some outstanding horror flicks (Martyrs, Inside)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 12:58 am

tohostudios wrote:
France has been producing some outstanding horror flicks (Martyrs, Inside)

Yeah when I first turned it on, I didn't know it was going to be foreign. Only reason I gave it one full episode before turning it off was because most foreign horror flicks I have seen are very good, Martyrs included. Haven't seen Inside though, so might have to change that.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 1:13 am

Moon
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 5:42 am

American Horror Story:1984
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 9:05 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Rambo_-_Last_Blood_official_theatrical_poster
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 9:42 pm

"13 Sins" (2014)

A down-on-his-luck man thinks his troubles are over when he starts receiving mysterious phone calls, offering him large sums of money for performing various "challenges" ... which start out simple enough but quickly escalate into more dangerous and horrific tasks. By then, of course, there's no way to quit "the game."
A cool, darkly funny horror thriller, apparently based on a film from Thailand.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Moon

I really enjoyed that flick. I think I need to watch it again.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2019 10:35 pm

Required Fields wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Rambo_-_Last_Blood_official_theatrical_poster
Huh? Is that real? Never even knew he made another Rambo if so. Any good?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 6:46 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Huh? Is that real? Never even knew he made another Rambo if so. Any good?

It just came out this past week.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 10:05 am

Hell Night (1981)

4 college pledges are to spend the night in a supposedly haunted mansion where a former owner murdered his wife and 3 of his children before hanging himself, a fourth body never being discovered. You can guess what happens next. This is a movie I had heard of but somehow missed over the years. I wasn't missing much. Pretty pedestrian early slasher but I guess not a total time waster.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2019 4:09 pm

^^ Hell Night is worth watching just to see Linda Blair all grown up 'n looking spectacularly busty Very Happy

"Captain Marvel" (2019)

It's 1995 and a female Air Force pilot turned space warrior is caught in the middle of a war between two alien races, with Earth as the prize, in the latest Marvel mega-hit.
"Captain Marvel" has all the usual fancy special effects and big action sequences we expect, Brie Larson is clearly having fun as the alien-powered heroine, and Samuel L. Jackson is a hoot as usual, playing a younger version of his S.H.I.E.L.D. badass Nick Fury... but in spite of all that, I thought that this was a fairly pedestrian entry into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's entertaining enough for one watch but I doubt I'll ever feel a need to revisit it. Maybe the Marvel formula is beginning to wear thin, or I'm just nearing the point of super-hero burnout.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 6:07 am

"2:22" (2017)

After nearly causing a crash, a stressed out air traffic controller is placed on leave, and soon he begins to notice repeating "patterns" in his every day life that somehow connect him and his new girlfriend to a tragedy that took place 30 years prior.

I was surprised at how quickly I got involved in this strange mashup of the romance, psychological drama, and time travel thriller genres (when my wife first picked it, I said "What is this Lifetime Movie s**t?" Haha), but its weird vibe drew me in right away.

Useless trivia: IMDb sez this movie holds the unique distinction of being the lowest grossing movie of 2017. During its one week theatrical run, it earned a grand total of $422. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 7:16 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 30 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 37 ... 44  Next