Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 1:02 pm

Match Game '77
Concentration
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 5:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 MV5BMjM4ZjY5ZmQtNjUwYi00Yzk2LWIwNmMtYTg1NmU0MWExZTMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTg2MDEyMzM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_

I watched that Saturday night. It was just ok. Zac played a pretty good Ted though. James Hetfield's 23 seconds of screen time was outstanding. Laughing

Haha! After all that hype James was hardly in it.

I agree that it was merely okay. I enjoyed the Ted Bundy Tapes documentary a lot more.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Watching another flick I've had for a loooong time but just never got around to watching.

"American Sniper"

This is way more violent than I expected - not that I'm complaining.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Finished "Sniper" today.  Tragic the way it ends; I forgot Chris Kyle was killed by a whacko marine he was trying to help.  Talk about irony.

Tomorrow I'm starting a new Star Trek collection I bought called "The Klingon Collective".  It features episodes that starred Klingons from all the iterations of Star Trek.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 8:58 pm

Kansas - Miracles Out of Nowhere

Very good documentary that focused on the band from their inception through the super stardom of the "Point of No Return " album and the Dust in the Wind single. Sometimes Axis tv has some great shows. I was wishing this one was actually longer than 90 minutes. I am by no means a Kansas fanatic, but I own the first half of their catalog and grew up hearing them on FM radio in my parent's car.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 10:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Watching another flick I've had for a loooong time but just never got around to watching.

"American Sniper"

This is way more violent than I expected - not that I'm complaining.

Very good movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 2:38 am

This past weekend, the young fella and I went to see:

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fmarkhughes%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F04%2FAVENGERS-ENDGAME-poster-DOLBY-CINEMA

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 6:00 am

Season finale of
The Goldbergs
Schooled
Modern Family
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 8:50 am

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 MV5BZWRjNDA0NWQtOGQyNy00Nzg4LWIwYWMtMTk0ZDRlOTg1OGQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 MV5BZWRjNDA0NWQtOGQyNy00Nzg4LWIwYWMtMTk0ZDRlOTg1OGQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_

I must hear your opinion on this. We needed a movie/series about Chernobyl decades ago. It's about time; I just hope they did it right.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 4:02 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I must hear your opinion on this. We needed a movie/series about Chernobyl decades ago. It's about time; I just hope they did it right.

So far they've only released one episode and it was very good. The complete incompetence on display and the absolute denial that the reactor had exploded is stunning to see. It's gut-wrenching to watch people be ordered to their deaths while their moron superiors think it's merely a fire on the roof.

It's also interesting to watch the series with my English wife who had a much different experience than I did back in 1986.  I was safe in Ohio and everyone in Europe was terrified the radiation was going to reach them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 11:29 pm

I recall the radiation partially reaching my country. Was scary.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Today I started the "Klingon Collective" series of DVDs I bought.  It's a collection of various Klingon episodes from all versions of Star Trek that fans selected for the collection.  The first one is from the Star Trek - Enterprise series which I've never seen.  I gather it's a "prequel" to the original Star Trek because the Enterprise has been "newly-equipped" with the capability of going to warp 4.5 speed.  Plus a Klingon shows up on Earth and no one in Star Fleet knows what race he is. 

This should be interesting.  There are several of these fan "collective" series out there so if I enjoy this one I might pick up some more.  Although I already own all of the original and TNS series on DVD so I'll have to be picky.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 8:03 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
This past weekend, the young fella and I went to see:

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fmarkhughes%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F04%2FAVENGERS-ENDGAME-poster-DOLBY-CINEMA

I saw it last weekend. I liked it and thought it was better than Infinity War.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 5:55 pm

"A Dog's Purpose" (2016)

With a sequel now out on DVD, my son wanted to re-visit this warm-n-fuzzy tear jerker about a rambunctious pup who lives numerous "lives" over the decades till he's finally reunited with the now-grown boy who was his best friend. If certain scenes in this family flick don't make you tear up, you are a heartless shell of a human. Two paws up (again).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 6:12 pm

The Wedding Singer
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"A Dog's Purpose" (2016)

With a sequel now out on DVD, my son wanted to re-visit this warm-n-fuzzy tear jerker about a rambunctious pup who lives numerous "lives" over the decades till he's finally reunited with the now-grown boy who was his best friend. If certain scenes in this family flick don't make you tear up, you are a heartless shell of a human. Two paws up (again).

I think you're referring to the sequel "A Dog's Journey" which is now in theaters. 

I haven't seen either one because I've lost too many of my furry friends over the last few years and I know I'd bawl my eyes out.  I'll see both eventually though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2019 8:40 pm

Quote :

I think you're referring to the sequel "A Dog's Journey" which is now in theaters. 

Is it in theaters? My son had me reserve the DVD at the library today (someone had checked it out). I didn't even know a sequel existed.

**Edit: turns out that the DVD I reserved is a movie called "A Dog's Way Home." It is based on a book by the same author as "A Dog's Purpose," but it is not a sequel to that film. I guess my son saw a TV commercial for "Dog's Journey" and when he saw this DVD on the library's "New Arrivals" list, he thought it was the same film. Whatever. I'm sure we'll enjoy that one too. (shrugs)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon May 13, 2019 11:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 10:46 am

tohostudios wrote:
Finished disc 1 of Ken Burns' "The Vietnam War" today on the elliptical.

Basically what I learned from this disc is that the start of the war was France's fault; if they'd have given up trying to hang on to Vietnam as a colony long before they finally withdrew, history would be a lot different.

Friday night I was going through a documentary search on Netflix and saw this was on there so I gave it a go. Like you Toho (even though I'm a tad younger  Razz ), I only have a vague idea of the reasoning behind the whole Vietnam war, gaining most of my knowledge thru multiple viewings of 'Apocalypse Now' and 'Full Metal Jacket'. I have 2 uncles that served, but they rarely, if ever, talked about it.

I did know that France had once colonized Viet Nam (courtesy of the extended version of 'Apocalypse Now') but I didn't realize just how deep it went. It does seem as though things could have gone very differently if France just gave it up following WWII.

Looking forward to Episode 2. Thanks for the inspiration Toho.

PS Kens Burns documentary on Prohibition is on Netflix too if anyone's interested.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 10:55 am

Took my son to see 'Avengers: Endgame'. Finally. We were tired of having to dodge all the spoilers out there.

3 hours flew by. Well worth it.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 2:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Took my son to see 'Avengers: Endgame'. Finally. We were tired of having to dodge all the spoilers out there.

Reddit has been a bad place to be lately. Certain users have been arbitrarily posting spoilers in unrelated threads. I already know of one big death via reading a reply to a comment in a general photography post.

I'm dying to see in the theater but I'd like to finish Black Panther and then revisit the first Avengers and Civil War. I'm running out of time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm

I've somehow managed to avoid any Endgame spoilage thus far, but since I'm about 99 percent sure I won't get to see it in a theater, I am fully prepared for it to be spoiled as hell for me by the time it hits my local RedBox and/or library DVD shelf. (shrugs)

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:08 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Reddit has been a bad place to be lately. Certain users have been arbitrarily posting spoilers in unrelated threads. I already know of one big death via reading a reply to a comment in a general photography post.

C'mon now! You know the Penguin was going to kill Batman eventually. Oh, whoops. Sorry Freddy. What a Face

I'm going to need to go back and watch most of the movies again too. I started losing interest in all the superhero movies that were coming out seemingly every other week, but now that my son is finding interest in them, I need a refresher course. Some I saw first run, some renting/streaming and a handful I never saw at all. It's 22 Marvel Universe movies in all, correct?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

C'mon now! You know the Penguin was going to kill Batman eventually. Oh, whoops. Sorry Freddy. What a Face

My 11 year old tried that joke on me already. He came home from school the Monday after Endgame opened and sez "DAD! A kid at school spoiled Endgame for me. Batman died!" -- I'm like "Wrong universe, kid. Nice try though." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

My 11 year old tried that joke on me already. He came home from school the Monday after Endgame opened and sez "DAD! A kid at school spoiled Endgame for me. Batman died!" -- I'm like "Wrong universe, kid. Nice try though." Laughing very hard

Yea, I stole it from my son too.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 19 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 44  Next