Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 5:23 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Joan Jett: Bad Reputation" (2018)

Cool documentary covering the highs and lows of Joan Jett's storied career. Clips and interviews examine her humble beginnings with the Runaways in the 70s, the global superstardom as a solo artist in the 80s, her impact on the "riot grrl" movement in the 90s, and caps things off with her well deserved induction into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in the 2000s. No matter what decade it is, JJ is still badass.

That's cool, where did you see it from? DVD? I'm not a huge fan of hers, but when I was younger I loved the hits they used to play. She's always one of those musicians I keep meaning to explore more of, but never got around to it. Maybe the movie will give me the push I need. \'arry \'eadbanger

I watched this. Got to admire Joan's dedication to sex, drugs and rock 'n roll. She's like Lemmy with a nicer ass (it is close though! lol! )
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 5:30 pm

I want to see that Joan Jett flick.  I've always liked her music (going all the way back to The Runaways) and her last studio album "Unvarnished" was really good IMO.  She's very consistent.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 7:59 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I think I've only seen the first 3 but every entry I've seen in this franchise was at least entertaining.  So when I saw the blu ray box set of all 7 flicks for less than $20 I pounced on it.  Added bonus:  the collection comes in a box with a creepy-cool, 3D holographic Chucky on the front.

I'm looking at it now, so cool haha. If I ever get back into collecting movies that'll be my first grab.

I stand by those first three films. They're so easy to digest and are a tier better in quality and sincerity than most horror films of the day. I seriously don't know which one I like better.

Something about the whole "doll comes to life" concept has always creeped me out.

From the classic Twilight Zone episode with Telly Savalas and "Talking Tina" ("My name's Talking Tina and I'm going to kill you...") to the various other episodes of TZ that featured dummies controlling their owners to the shrieking Zulu doll terrorizing Karen Black in the final episode in the Made For TV movie "Trilogy Of Terror"; the whole "doll comes to life " trope has always freaked me out.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 10:02 pm

Good timing for me.

I just finished the final episode of "Gotham" yesterday and tonight for some reason Fox decided to replay the season 5 opener.  Not that it really matters since Charter has all the Fox series On Demand but it was nice timing.

I also re-enjoyed the season 2 opening episode of "The Orville" which is a show that's really grown on me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 5:50 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 3:15 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix. Holy buckets!!

I can't believe people could be so naive or how that daughter could ever forgive her parents.
I watched that the other day and was sickened by how ignorant her parents were/are, and how nonchalant the guys brother was about him being a child molester.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 9:35 pm

Finished "Child's Play" and started "Child's Play 2" today.

These films are definitely enjoyable but there are logic holes you can drive a truck thru.  Like the "dilapidated house" where Chucky's ol' buddy in crime lives.  Chucky turns on the gas and blows up the house but there's no way a house that rundown and overridden with rats would STILL have the gas turned on.

And then to start CP2, they show somebody digging the eyeball out of Chucky's RIGHT eye.  Uh, hello?  Through all of CP2, once Chucky was lit on fire in the fireplace the only eye he had left was the LEFT eye.

Nothing that really detracts from the overall enjoyment of the films but these kinds of details just annoy me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 10:23 pm

Watched this movie on Netflix today called Unacknowledged about UFO cover up stuff. Nothing really new in it, but still pretty good.

Trailer

Full movie
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Child's Play 2

One problem watching a film franchise consecutively is noticing little inconsistencies.  Like how at the end of the first Child's Play film, Chucky only has his left eye.  In the opening scene from Child's Play 2, Chucky only has his right eye.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 5:25 pm

The House By The Cemetery (1981)

A Lucio Fulci directed film about a man and his family moving into a house that was formerly occupied by the man's colleague who had murdered his mistress and then killed himself. Strange happenings begin, followed by a rising body count involving a dark secret locked up in the cellar. This is a fairy creepy film with some good gore.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 5:29 pm

I've seen that one several times but I was always drunk when I saw it so I don't remember a damn thing about it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 5:41 pm

"Shoot First, Die Later" (1974)

A corrupt Italian cop is happy to look the other way when local mobsters are just smuggling booze and cigarettes into his city...but when they start running guns as well, he realizes he's in too deep to get out, which puts his father (a fellow police officer) and girlfriend in danger.
A solid Eurocrime entry with lots of the usual gritty violence, car chases, fistfights and hackneyed tough-guy dialog. Fun, funky retro viewing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 6:06 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Green_Book_%282018_poster%29

I watched this with my family this afternoon. Really good movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2019 9:45 pm

I just watched the new episode of Family Guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 2:34 am

tohostudios wrote:
Finished "Child's Play" and started "Child's Play 2" today.

These films are definitely enjoyable but there are logic holes you can drive a truck thru.  Like the "dilapidated house" where Chucky's ol' buddy in crime lives.  Chucky turns on the gas and blows up the house but there's no way a house that rundown and overridden with rats would STILL have the gas turned on.

And then to start CP2, they show somebody digging the eyeball out of Chucky's RIGHT eye.  Uh, hello?  Through all of CP2, once Chucky was lit on fire in the fireplace the only eye he had left was the LEFT eye.

Nothing that really detracts from the overall enjoyment of the films but these kinds of details just annoy me.

tohostudios wrote:
Child's Play 2

One problem watching a film franchise consecutively is noticing little inconsistencies.  Like how at the end of the first Child's Play film, Chucky only has his left eye.  In the opening scene from Child's Play 2, Chucky only has his right eye.

Yeah, I think that's why the later movies dropped the serious tone and went for a more meta-parody approach. Trying to maintain any semblance of logic in a movie about a killer doll is like steering the Titanic away from the iceberg and into a smaller iceberg. Laughing

Looking forward to seeing what you think of the later entries. Really cool that Dan Mancini has stayed on-board the whole way through, even though he wants nothing to do with the upcoming remake!

007 wrote:
The House By The Cemetery (1981)

A Lucio Fulci directed film about a man and his family moving into a house that was formerly occupied by the man's colleague who had murdered his mistress and then killed himself. Strange happenings begin, followed by a rising body count involving a dark secret locked up in the cellar. This is a fairy creepy film with some good gore.

tohostudios wrote:
I've seen that one several times but I was always drunk when I saw it so I don't remember a damn thing about it.

Ooo, is that the intestines-vomiting one?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 6:19 am

^^^^^ No, I believe that was The Gates Of Hell.

Last night, I watched the Walking Dead mid season premiere.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Finished Child's Play 2 today.

Man this one sure got a lot gorier than the first one.  Not the actual victims of Chucky but the stuff done to Chucky himself.  He's officially trapped in the doll now; no more chance to transfer himself to a human.  And so he suffers and bleeds in the doll body like a human would.  Good grief, in the final 20 minutes or so Chucky 1) loses a hand, 2) loses both legs, 3) gets completely covered in molten plastic and 4) finally is "killed" by having an air hose stuffed into what's left of his mouth and getting inflated until he explodes. 

I don't remember much about the entries in the series after this one so we'll see how they resurrect Chucky for volume 3 tomorrow.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 6:06 am

Forensic Files
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 10:11 am

tohostudios wrote:
I don't remember much about the entries in the series after this one so we'll see how they resurrect Chucky for volume 3 tomorrow.

CP3 is probably the weakest of the bunch, in my opinion. I still enjoy it though.

Take that for whatever it's worth though, because in my book, the franchise peaked with Bride and Seed of Chucky.

The last movie I watched was Invasion of the Astro Monster. I watched the Japanese version first, and then the American version with my 7- and 4-year-old sons.

As a lifelong horror fan, the Godzilla movies were a glaring hole in my movie arsenal, so we started watching them in order, first the original Japanes and then the American with the kids. My 7yo is Godzilla/King Ghidorah obsessed now.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 10:24 am

I haven't seen the early "Child's Play" flicks in a long time but I vaguely remember enjoying "3" and "Bride of Chucky," then "Seed" went straight down the poop shoot.

The two recent direct-to-video sequels (Curse of Chucky and Cult of Chucky) were both pretty damn good, surprisingly. Probably the best since the original.

I don't have high hopes for the forthcoming remake.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 10:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Seed" went straight down the poop shoot.

Man. Between the Glen/Glenda internal conflict, the ludicrous concept of two dolls being able to reproduce, Jennifer Tilley playing a parody kinda version of herself that's being possessed by the spirit of a doll that was possessed by a character Tilley played in the flesh in the prior movie, Redman in one of the great underappreciated roles of all time, Chucky pleasuring himself to a copy of Fango while John Waters takes pictures outside the window...

There is so much to love about Seed of Chucky.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 am

^^ I dunno, "Bride" was fun, but"Seed" leaned too hard on the comedy for my liking. It was just TOO silly, it took the whole Chucky/Tiffany thing from entertainingly bizarre to flat out ridiculous.

...although I guess "ridiculous" is the the wrong word to use cuz we're talking about a film series about a killer doll, which in and of itself is ridiculous... but at least the John Waters cameo was appropriate, haha. "Seed" totally seemed like the kind of Chucky movie he would've made!

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18939

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 5:20 pm

Ring of Honor
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Quote :
The last movie I watched was Invasion of the Astro Monster. I watched the Japanese version first, and then the American version with my 7- and 4-year-old sons.

As a lifelong horror fan, the Godzilla movies were a glaring hole in my movie arsenal, so we started watching them in order, first the original Japanes and then the American with the kids. My 7yo is Godzilla/King Ghidorah obsessed now.

Good on you!  I too am totally Godzilla/King Ghidorah obsessed (King G is my favorite Toho monster) so I'm really psyched for the "remake" of Destroy All Monsters that's coming out this Spring.  And in the trailers for the new flick Rodan looks freakin' awesome which alleviates the problem I've always had with that monster; he always looked silly IMO.

And I'm about 2/3 of the way through CP3 and so far I'd have to agree with you; this movie is pretty boring and the kills so far have been lackluster.  Although it was sort of funny to see the actor who plays the Dad in Hellraiser playing the weird haircutting guy in this flick.  As I'm watching CP3 I realized I don't think I've seen this before, I thought I had but nothing in this flick is ringing any bells.

I'm pretty sure I've seen some of the later entries in the Child's Play series but who knows?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 9:06 pm

The Goldbergs
Schooled
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 6 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next