Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 6:22 am

The Goldbergs
Schooled
Modern Family
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 2:10 pm

Bad Reputation. The Joan Jett documentary.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 6:04 am

Supernatural
Castle Rock
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Watching A Christmas Horror Story and today I picked up on something I missed before; the kids killed in the school the previous year were William Shatner (the DJ)'s grandkids.  I think the way all the different stories are tangentially related is one of the interesting aspects of this film.

EDIT: Just read an interesting trivia tidbit about this film: It takes place in the fictional town of Bayley Downs which is also the town where the Ginger Snaps flicks take place; same filmmakers.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 5:31 pm

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 5:40 pm

The Mandalorian
V Wars
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Finished Christmas Horror Story today.

Next up is either "Sint" or the classic "Santa's Slay"; I haven't decided which.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 10:28 am

"Batman Ninja" (2018)

Gorilla Grodd sets off a time-machine experiment in the middle of Arkham Asylum, which sends the Dark Knight and an assortment of his friends and foes back in time to medieval Japan. Each villain stakes out a territory and they begin to battle each other for total supremacy, with the Bat-Family caught in the middle.
Produced by the Japanese arm of Warner Bros.' Animation studio, this bizarro world Bat-adventure has a great Anime-inspired look; the steampunk "redesigns" of the various characters are very cool. Unfortunately, the story is a total mess, shoe horning in pretty much every cliche you can think of about Japanese cartoons (lots of ninjas and samurai, a pair of cute monkey sidekicks, and of course, giant transforming robots!)  
I usually enjoy these DC Animated features, but cool visuals aside, this one went completely off the rails so quickly that I was checking my watch way before the half way point.
AVOID.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 10:58 am

Finished up V Wars
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 5:39 pm

"Better Watch Out" (2017)

A teen girl accepts a Christmas season babysitting gig and soon there are unseen people banging on the door, making crank phone calls and generally scaring her and her young charge. I can't say much more without giving away the whole movie, so let's just say that there are lots of twists and turns in this darkly funny, tight lil' holiday psycho-thriller. A pleasant surprise

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 5:46 pm

It Chapter II (2019)

The continuation of the Stephen King novel about an ancient entity that appears every 27years in the town of Derry ME. The group of children that defeated It in 1989 reunite to dispose of It when It reemerges in 2016. A good satisfying film, if a bit too long
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

A teen girl accepts a Christmas season babysitting gig and soon there are unseen people banging on the door, making crank phone calls and generally scaring her and her young charge. I can't say much more without giving away the whole movie, so let's just say that there are lots of twists and turns in this darkly funny, tight lil' holiday psycho-thriller. A pleasant surprise  

I think Toho didn't like this one, but I found it rather enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4600

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 6:06 pm

Over the weekend my son and I watched:

Shaun of the Dead

A hilarious take on the zombie apocalypse. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost have a lot of fun with this one.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 6:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

You liked that? I think it's a one-trick pony and it uses that trick waaaaaay too early.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 6:30 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I think Toho didn't like this one, but I found it rather enjoyable.

Here's how I summed it up a few pages back:

Quote :
OK, it's probably better than sitting through Silent Night Deadly Night 2 but only barely. 1.5 out of 5 tinsel-draped chainsaws.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Started Santa's Slay for the millionth time today. I gave it last year off because I'd actually gotten tired of it. Now I'm diggin' it again. I really like the music in it. And the foul-mouthed, crotchety old bag at the beginning where we're introduced to the place where Nicholas Yuleson works always cracks me up.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 6:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:

You liked that?  I think it's a one-trick pony and it uses that trick waaaaaay too early.

I enjoyed it, yeah. I'll probably never watch it again but it was a decent enough time waster for a chilly afternoon.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 6:58 pm

While we're on the topic of holiday horrors, anyone seen this one? I came across it while scrolling thru Amazon Prime earlier this afternoon. I added it to my watch list, dunno if I'll ever get around to actually watching it but it might be an entertaining piece of crap...

Looks like a Joker and Harley Quinn Christmas Special! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 2:24 am

Anvil! The Story of Anvil (2009)-documentary about the long running cult metal band Anvil and their dreams of making it in the music business despite the fact they are now middle aged and never been that big ever. After a disastrous tour of Europe, the band are trying to finish their new record(This is Thirteen) without a record label all the while trying to juggle families, day jobs and a completely new music industry that they might not fit into.  This is a fine film even if your not a fan of the band.  A truly inspiring story of two metal brothers who refuse to give up on their dreams and try one last time to grab the brass ring once and for all.  I give it 4 out of 5 dildo enhanced guitar solos!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 6:13 am

The Mandalorian
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 1:16 pm

Last night watched Good Times and All In The Family live. It was good to see a special guest return!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 7:12 pm

Started Gingerdead Man today.

Only the second time I've seen this and while it's technically not a Christmas horror movie I didn't feel like watching any of the other ones I've got left; a walking, talking, murdering, wisecracking, Gary Busey-voiced gingerbread man is close enough to a Christmas horror idea to qualify for my marathon.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 10:42 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Last night watched Good Times and All In The Family live. It was good to see a special guest return!!

I meant to watch those.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 7:39 am

"Thunderball" (1965)

James Bond travels to the Bahamas on the trail of two stolen nuclear weapons in his fourth big screen adventure. "Thunderball" isn't quite as over-the-top as the preceding "Goldfinger," but it's still an entertaining spy thriller,  remembered today mainly for its impressive underwater sequences, which were some of the most elaborate ever filmed at the time.

"Thunderball" was also the subject of a long running legal dispute between writer/producer Kevin McClory and Ian Fleming's estate. McClory and Fleming had tried to get a James Bond film project off the ground in the late '50s, but it never came together. Fleming used some of the story concepts they'd come up with for the aborted film in his "Thunderball" novel. McClory sued Fleming for using characters and situations he'd created without giving him proper credit, and was awarded "ownership" of those concepts. This required Eon/United Artists to give hijm producer credit on the film version, and since McClory "owned" those ideas, he eventually turned them into the independently produced "Never Say Never Again."

I've been watching the Connery era 007's in order lately, and oddly, just as this one came up in the rotation I learned that former Miss France Claudine Auger, who played Bond's love interest "Domino" in this flick, passed away this week. R.I.P. Madame!

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 12:21 pm

The Carol Burnett Show
Three's Company
Coach
Murphy Brown
Becker
Wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 42 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 42 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next