Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 6:26 am

The Goldbergs
Schooled
Modern Family
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 6:43 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18911

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 8:41 am

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Die Hard (1988)

The ultimate Christmas movie. Bruce Willis's star making turn as NY cop John McClane, stuck in an LA highrise after terrorists,led by Alan Rickman, crash a Christmas party in an attempt to get into the company vaults. Chaos (and unending action) ensues. This one never gets old.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 10:36 am

"Batman: Hush" (2019)

As Bruce Wayne's relationship with Selina (Catwoman) Kyle deepens, a mysterious villain calling himself "Hush" starts using the Bat's rogue's gallery of villains (incl. the Joker, Clayface, Bane, Poison Ivy, and more) as mind-controlled puppets to attain his ultimate goal.
It's been a while since I've seen one of these DC Animated movies, but this is definitely one of the better ones. The animation is slick, the voice cast is excellent and the ultra-violence and foul language guarantee that this is not a cartoon for the kiddies. Good stuff, I may have to track down the graphic novel it's sourced from.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 2:30 pm

"Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (2019)

Yeah, I'm getting caught up on my DC Animated flicks this weekend...
The Turtles come to Gotham on the trail of Shredder, who has hooked up with Batman's old enemy Ra's-Al-Ghul in a plot to turn everyone in the city into homicidal mutated maniacs. Of course, it takes a little while before Batman and the TMNTs realize they're fighting on the same side, then they join forces to kick some serious shell (yeah, I went there)...
Obviously this crossover is one of the goofier Batman adventures but it's lots of action packed fun, especially if you grew up reading both Batman and TMNT comics (like I did). I never realized how badass a fight between Batman and the Shredder would be!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 6:52 pm

Rare Exports

This film was created as a "prequel" to the two shorts that were huge hits on the internet and in festivals.  It explains how the Rare Exports company came to be.  This film has the same sick, twisted take on Santa Claus that the shorts have and the performances by all the actors is good enough but I wish we got to see the giant "Santa" that was unearthed by a foreign company.  

If you've seen the shorts you know what to expect; the film features the same actors and the same dark take on the Santa Claus myth.  And if you haven't seen the short films, you NEED to; I actually like them better than this film.

3 out of 5 Christmas chainsaws for the film; 4 out of 5 for the short films.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 5:48 am

The Mandalorian
Castle Rock
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 1:22 pm

Finished up the final season of Man In The High Castle. If you're a fan of WWII or alternate realities check it out on Amazon Prime. But the final episode was a bit disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 am

Christmas Vacation (1989)

One of the best and funniest Christmas movies out there. One that is watched every year, usually more than once. No need for a synopsis on this quotable film.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 4:03 pm

Krampus

This is in my top 3 Christmas horror flicks. I enjoy it more every time I see it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 5:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Krampus

This is in my top 3 Christmas horror flicks.  I enjoy it more every time I see it.

My 12 year old borrowed this from the library over the weekend... and then he watched it without me!

I gotta make time for a viewing before it has to go back.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 8:15 pm

There's really more of a heart to "Krampus" than I realized after the first couple viewings.  

The first third of the movie introduces us to the thoroughly unlikeable main characters and their extended family who unfortunately are all getting together for the holidays.  I mean everyone except the grandmother is depicted as a despicable human being in one form or another.

But once Krampus and his minions start terrorizing them they bond together and more of their better natures start to emerge.  

I still wish "Krampus" was rated R because it would be gorier but it's fairly violent for a PG-13 and even includes an F-bomb or two.

EDIT: I just discovered the writer of "Krampus" (Michael Dougherty) also wrote "Trick 'r' Treat" and "Godzilla: King Of The Monsters". This guy must be a hot property in Hollywood for the horror/sci-fi genres.

Last edited by tohostudios on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 10:16 pm

Barney Miller
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 2:25 pm

"Shazam!" (2019)

Surly foster teen Billy Batson discovers his true destiny when a wizard bequeaths upon him the powers of seven legendary heroes -- just in time for him to battle the crazed Dr. Sivana, who controls the Seven Deadly Sins.
The "other" 2019 Captain Marvel movie is tons of fun, taking a much lighter-hearted approach to the usual superhero formula, without skimping on the flashy FX or the action. A pleasant surprise.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 6:09 pm

You watched Shazam instead of Krampus???????

This makes me sad.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 6:25 pm

The Corpse Grinders (1971)

A doctor and a nurse discover that a recent slate of cat on human attacks leads back to a shady cat food company that is using human cadavers as it's main meat source in this early 70s drive in movie by Ted V Mikels.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 6:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:

This makes me sad.  

They're both due back at the library on Sat. ...and I've seen "Krampus" before.

I do need an antidote to all the friggin Hallmark Channel Christmas movies my wife has been watching, tho, so I might throw "Krampus" on after tonight's dog walk! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 6:50 pm

007 wrote:

A doctor and a nurse discover that a recent slate of cat on human attacks leads back to a shady cat food company that is using human cadavers as it's main meat source in this early 70s drive in movie by Ted V Mikels.

I've heard of this movie for years but I've never actually seen it. Do I need to fix that?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 6:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

This makes me sad.  

They're both due back at the library on Sat. ...and I've seen "Krampus" before.

I do need an antidote to all the friggin Hallmark Channel Christmas movies my wife has been watching, tho, so I might throw "Krampus" on after tonight's dog walk! Laughing very hard

Oh, so you've seen Krampus before. I finished it today for the third time and man, the last 30 minutes are pretty warped. Lots of cool, creepy, creatures. And Krampus himself is really cool. I appreciate the FX in this movie more each time I've watched it.

Next up for me is the Christmas "classic" Freddy introduced me to; "A Christmas Horror Story". Krampus is currently #3 on my Christmas horror list, Horror Story is #2 and of course we all know what my #1 Christmas horror movie is.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 7:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

I've heard of this movie for years but I've never actually seen it.   Do I need to fix that?

Eh, not really. It's a rather cheap affair with some weak acting, minimal cheap gore and not enough cat action.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 8:47 pm

Today: Public Enemies
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 9:53 pm

"Krampus" (2015)

A dysfunctional family's stressed-out Christmas celebration is crashed by the Yuletide demon of German folklore, whose job is to punish the naughty.
Michael "Trick r' Treat" Dougherty's holiday horror is loads of black-humored fun, and has become a December perennial at my house.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 12:02 am

The last movie I watched in the cinema was Ford vs. Ferrari.

The last movie I watched at home was The Irishman.

The last TV I watched was an episode of Family Guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18911

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 2:29 am

Pandorum(2009)-after the Earth has been destroyed, the crew and passengers aboard the ship the Elysium are traveling to another Earth like planet to colonize. After a few of the crew wake up from a deep sleep, they discover that they must reset the ship's reactor while trying to avoid strange creatures that are now aboard the ship and present a threat to everyone on the ship. This movie obviously will get compared to others films ranging from Alien to Event Horizon and everything in between as the "Monsters aboard a spaceship" has been done tons of times. As is, it's still pretty good film with some decent atmosphere and violence. I really didn't care much for the look of the creatures as it reminded me too much of the ones from Ghosts of Mars, but that really is my only serious complaint. I'll give it 2.5 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 41 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 41 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next