Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019

Go down 
+15
corplhicks
Wrecked Neck
Thelemech
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Required Fields
James B.
nevermore
the sentinel
Dark Horseman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Gilbert
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 12:42 am

I just ordered the album on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 3:20 pm

So the album is out. Anyone got it yet? Any feedback?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I'm expecting it to be waiting in my mail box for me when I get home.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 4:31 pm

My copy is on the way.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 6:17 pm

nevermore wrote:
My copy is on the way.

Same here. I got notification it shipped yesterday, and it usually takes about two weeks from the place I ordered it from to arrive, so it should probably be here during the first full week of March. Although, because it's winter, if a storm comes, that could knock it back by a day or two. Let's hope that doesn't happen, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 6:31 pm

I am also waiting on my pre-order from Amazon. Should be here by the first week of March.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 7:51 pm

I got mine and I've spun it once. Lots of good tracks. "Welcome To The Garden State" is a hoot - especially the Springsteen outro:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 8:58 pm

My copy should be here tomorrow.

Edit:

It actually came today. My wife forgot to mention it came in today's mail.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 10:20 pm

Required Fields wrote:
nevermore wrote:
My copy is on the way.

Same here. I got notification it shipped yesterday, and it usually takes about two weeks from the place I ordered it from to arrive, so it should probably be here during the first full week of March. Although, because it's winter, if a storm comes, that could knock it back by a day or two. Let's hope that doesn't happen, though.

On average, it takes three to four weeks for an amazon order to reach my shores. Guess i have to wait...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I'm expecting it to be waiting in my mail box for me when I get home.

New Kill in tha houuuuuuse! Won't have time to spin it till tomorrow tho.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 10:25 pm

Yeah I just open it now so I'll wait til tomorrow to get into it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 12:09 am

007 wrote:
Yeah I just open it now so I'll wait til tomorrow to get into it.

When i get mail on fridays i always have to wait until monday to play the album in the car. No time to spin anything at home with the wife and kids around Mad.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 2:39 am

Streaming it now [sorry, we're dirt poor]!

Every Overkill album seems to have something unique that we don't normally talk about--the MIX. No two Overkill albums are sonically alike, you know? While White Devil Armory suffered like hell with it's over-amped drums and overkill mids (haha), Grinding Wheel had a deep, almost bluesy darkness about it that I really dug. Again we have Verni and Linsk handling board duties, and I was a bit apprehensive even with the youtube clips.

But goddamn, this is blowing my ears in gorgeous fashion!

This is a thrashy, dirty, Hello From the Gutter Overkill album. The guitar tones, scooped and bright, bring back that nasty quality these rats had once upon a time. I wouldn't quite say the spirit of Gustafon hangs around these tracks, but there's certainly some influence to be found here in both sonics and songwriting.

It's still obviously brickwalled, but sounds strong regardless.

Blitz is top notch as always and gives an asphalt chucking Believe in the Fight, which reminds me of how punky Overkill used to be in the beginning.

EDIT: Oh my god, Keith you are going to LOVE Welcome to the Garden State. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 11:24 am

Quote :
EDIT: Oh my god, Keith you are going to LOVE Welcome to the Garden State. \'arry \'eadbanger

Oh yes, that was a lot of fun. Filled my mostly-proud Jersey heart with pride. Especially when the Misfits style "Whoaaaa-whoa-whoa" rave up at the end turned into a nod to Springsteen. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 1:12 pm

I was kinda on the fence about this new album (do I really need a 19th Overkill album?), but I think that 'Welcome to the Garden State' has pushed me over that fence. Bring it on!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 1:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was kinda on the fence about this new album (do I really need a 19th Overkill album?), but I think that 'Welcome to the Garden State' has pushed me over that fence. Bring it on!

Even though they diss Philly in that song? "She said, 'this is Billy from Philly?' OK, get the f*** outta my state!"

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 1:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Even though they diss Philly in that song? "She said, 'this is Billy from Philly?' OK, get the f*** outta my state!"

Laughing very hard

That's ok. I've done some pretty reprehensible stuff in your state over the years. Ida kicked me out too Razz

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 12:28 pm

LOL I never even caught the Born to Run reference; that makes it even more badass!

My favorite YouTube post for the Garden State video:

"Someone call the NJ Tourism & Convention Bureau. Your new TV commercial is ready."

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 1:02 pm

Quote :
"Someone call the NJ Tourism & Convention Bureau. Your new TV commercial is ready."

I've got half a mind to post that video on Kevin Smith's FB or Instagram; he just started shooting the new Jay & Silent Bob adventure and it would be a perfect end-credit song!!

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 1:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I've got half a mind to post that video on Kevin Smith's FB or Instagram; he just started shooting the new Jay & Silent Bob adventure and it would be a perfect end-credit song!!

DO IT! Maybe even hint at a DD cameo or something haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 2:15 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

DO IT! Maybe even hint at a DD cameo or something haha.

Haha, it's worth a shot. Jay & Bob were shown jamming to King Diamond's "Welcome Home" in "Clerks 2," so they're obviously metal Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 4:37 pm

OK, you talked me into it, haha. I suggested "Welcome to the Garden State" on Kevin's FB page, under today's post about the start of shooting on the new Jay & Silent Bob flick.

I'm sure it'll get lost in the thousands of other comments/responses but I did tag both Kev and the band in it, so who knows, maybe this'll be the start of something?? Very Happy

New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Reboot10

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 5:51 am

The Wings Of War is a fantastic album. Standouts for me are Welcome To The Garden State and Where Few Dare To Walk.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 9:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
OK, you talked me into it, haha. I suggested "Welcome to the Garden State" on Kevin's FB page, under today's post about the start of shooting on the new Jay & Silent Bob flick.

I'm sure it'll get lost in the thousands of other comments/responses but I did tag both Kev and the band in it, so who knows, maybe this'll be the start of something?? Very Happy

New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Reboot10

Huzzah! Good move. Even if the sequel falls to shit--I hope not, I love the first J&SB movie--having that song wrap things up (complete with blooper interruptions, bonus scenes, etc) will just make it awesome no matter what haha.

Crossing my fingers for this! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Forgot to post the last couple of installments of the "Welcome To The Garden State" documentary.

Part 6:

Part 7:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next