Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019

Go down 
+15
corplhicks
Wrecked Neck
Thelemech
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Required Fields
James B.
nevermore
the sentinel
Dark Horseman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Gilbert
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 4:15 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Blitz should join Trump's hype machine.  Every new album is the best the world has ever seen.

"It'll be a tremendous album. Just tremendous. You've never heard an album like this one before, that's how great it is. We're Making Metal Great again."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 7:37 pm

The new song is awesome! If this is an indication of the quality of the upcoming album, the album is going to rule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Solid tune, they can't miss lately.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Great first tune! No slowing down for these dudes.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Solid tune, they can't miss lately.
Never really known them to miss....EVER! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 5:36 pm

To promote the new CD, Overkill has made a documentary about the making of the album... part 1 is on YouTube now

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2019 10:13 am

Didn't realize that there were two Overkill "new album" threads. Posting this in both just so nobody who might be interested misses it.

If you're in Germany or know someone who is, this is a cool collectible.
Overkill is on the cover of the current ish of the German metal mag "Legacy," which comes with a free Overkill CD featuring two songs from the new album, two unreleased live tracks, and a cover of the Animals' "We Gotta Get Out of this Place," which was the Japanese bonus track from the Bloodletting album.
New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Slide-118

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 1:14 pm

Part 2 of the "Welcome to the Garden State" documentary is now on YouTube:

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 11:08 pm

Can’t wait for the new albums from Overkill and Flotsam. I hope they tour together!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2019 6:24 am

Troublezone wrote:
Can’t wait for the new albums from Overkill and Flotsam. I hope they tour together!

Soon enough headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 12:09 pm

Lyric video for new tune, "Head Of A Pin"

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 12:31 pm

I can't even begin to decipher those Dylan-esque lyrics ("we will know how many angels on the head of a pin," huh?). Doesn't matter, what a fucking cool tune.

Overkill forever! Is there any other thrash band as hard-working and consistent in quality as these guys?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Excellent tune! Too bad we have to wait until the end of February to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Awesome. Keeps getting better and better headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Part 3 of the "Welcome To The Garden State" documentary is now up on YouTube:

How much you wanna bet that a year from now they'll release a "super deluxe edition" of The Wings of War, with this documentary included on a bonus DVD? Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 11:37 am

"Welcome To The Garden State" Part 4:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 12:50 pm

Oh boy, that clip brings me back. Bonnie's Roxx, Birch Hill, the Cellblock, the Galaxy. Good times were had.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 2:13 pm

Another hit or miss for me. The Last Man Standing song is good, but that Head of a Pin song is terrible. So I'll just wait to hear the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 8:02 pm

I pre-ordered it this morning.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 11:39 pm

It should be out sometime next week right?
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:50 am

Required Fields wrote:
I pre-ordered it this morning.

Same here. Amazon has it for a decent price so I ordered from them.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 7:31 pm

I have it pre-ordered.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 9:24 pm

I love Overkill and will always support them, but Blitz’s vocals sometimes...  Laughing
His cadence and words remind me of one of those guys that do the voices at a square dance.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 pm

In part 5 of "Welcome to the Garden State," Blitz and D.D. look back on their experiences making music videos, and Derek Tailer admits he's never seen the "Hello From The Gutter" clip (!) ...

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 12:02 am

I just ordered a shirt of the new album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019   New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Overkill "The Wings of War" out Feb. 2019
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next