Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio

Go down 
+14
Invader
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
krokus
candlemass
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
Required Fields
GrandNational
rattpoison
Smindas
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Ozzy vs. Dio
Ozzy Osbourne
SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Vote_lcap22%SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Vote_rcap
 22% [ 7 ]
Ronnie James Dio
SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Vote_lcap63%SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Vote_rcap
 63% [ 20 ]
Neither - both suck!
SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Vote_lcap0%SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Both the same - I can't choose!
SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Vote_lcap15%SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Vote_rcap
 15% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage

SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Empty
PostSubject: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:24 am

Which vocalist do you prefer? Ozzy or Dio?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:26 am

I love them both - each in their own way, but I had to go with Ronnie James Dio. His stuff just seems to be a lot richer and fuller.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:56 am

Dio. By quite a lot. I was never a big Ozzy fan.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:08 am

Hard i love them both, both great singers in their own right despite what people may say about ozzy (listen to Megalomania and tell me ozzy can't sing). If i had to seperate them it would be by who appeared on the best album of the black sabbath/rainbow/ozzy/dio album lot, and that would hands down be Sabotage so that means Ozzy but you can't seperate them.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:24 am

I'll take Ozzy because his voice was unique for its time. Sure, he's no Dio when it comes to vocal prowess, but he started something many have followed.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:30 am

Dio!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:46 am

Ozz Ozz Ozz the land of Ozz
Dio have good voice too, but ... prefer Ozz.
if Ozz die ... i can't imagine what's gonna happen, whole world coming down and bootleg raise up. very happy
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:46 am

It's not even close!! Dio!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 8:23 am

As much as I like Ozzy's music, as far as singing ability, I must go with Dio on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 8:50 am

Gotta go with RJD here. Nothin' against Ozzy, as I dig a lot of his stuff too but RJD is THE MAN!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:01 am

One of the easiest polls ever!DIO is the man!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:16 am

Dio's solo LP's are far superior, Ozzy's been riding a name for years!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:20 am

I like DIO´s voice more today then OZZY´s voice and Dio is doing more interesting stuff nowadays but in the 70s and 80s OZZY was KING and he did so many increible albums that i will say: OZZY OSBOURNE.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:50 am

both have different styles and merits for each of their recorded works with black sabbath i would say so i cannot chose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 10:18 am

Like this is anything even close to an actual contest...

DIO!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 10:59 am

Oz.

I have a longer relationship with Ozzy's solo work and his Sabbath days than I do with Dio. While I love his voice, Dio sometimes loses me with some of his "Dungens & Dragons" imagery & lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:44 am

Dio.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Oz.

I have a longer relationship with Ozzy's solo work and his Sabbath days than I do with Dio. While I love his voice, Dio sometimes loses me with some of his "Dungens & Dragons" imagery & lyrics.

you could compare his lyrical themes dungeons and dragons(neon nights, heaven and hell etc) was his style compared to songs about drugs(sweet leaf, snowblind, fairies wear boots etc) that Geezer Butler wrote the lyrics for so each singer has clear traits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:44 pm

Dio ruins Ozzy if it were a singing competition. Dio now is ten times what Ozzy was in his prime.

Ozzy wins everything else, though.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:46 pm

if they had a comp today dio would slaughter ozzy so bad it would be painful. cant wait to see the ole boy hittin' the high notes in november
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:52 pm

TheGooch wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Oz.

you could compare his lyrical themes dungeons and dragons(neon nights, heaven and hell etc) was his style compared to songs about drugs(sweet leaf, snowblind, fairies wear boots etc) that Geezer Butler wrote the lyrics for so each singer has clear traits

I'm not using it as a put down of Dio, just I'm more into barking at the moon and suicide solutions than killing dragons or chasing rainbows in the dark. Just a personal preference.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:54 pm

oh yeah i realise it was not a put down i was just bringing to light apparnt lyrical differences between the two
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:02 pm

OZZY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:20 pm

I almost couldn't choose myself actually. I've been a fan of both for so many years. When it comes to actual substance though - Dio wins hands down.

Though I love Ozzy quite a lot too. Dio just seems to really bring me into his world a lot faster than Ozzy does.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:32 pm

blackieboy wrote:
I almost couldn't choose myself actually. I've been a fan of both for so many years. When it comes to actual substance though - Dio wins hands down.

Though I love Ozzy quite a lot too. Dio just seems to really bring me into his world a lot faster than Ozzy does.

thats a good point actually becuase dios fantasy lyrics do kinda suck you in almost. makes me want to ride tigers and go the witchs palace to see lady evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio   SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SHOWDOWN: Ozzy vs. Dio
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next