Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terry putting XYZ back together

Go down 
+11
tohostudios
nevermore
Gilbert
assault_attack
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
15 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Terry putting XYZ back together Empty
PostSubject: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 5:01 am

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 5:57 am

Hmmm. Good to know but I only know that one song by them.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 6:35 am

(shrugs)

I'm sure Frontiers Records has their check book ready.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 9:03 am

Back together by default. Would he have bothered if he wasn't fired from GW?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 9:54 am

I didn't know they had broken up. I thought he kept some projects on this side, this being one of them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 10:20 am

Troublezone wrote:
Back together by default. Would he have bothered if he wasn't fired from GW?

Wasn't that part of the reason he was fired? If I read correctly, Mark Kendall didn't like that Terry was working on other side projects, including reforming XYZ, and not focusing on Great White. Other reasons too, but that was one of them.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 11:04 am

I think I yawned so hard I dislocated my jaw...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 12:42 pm

Honestly I don't think I have ever heard an XYZ song. Not that I remember! I may have even seen them in concert at one point but I don't know a single song by them (including the one posted by 007, I'll have to play it now).
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

lol! I don't think I have heard anybody say that before...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 3:19 pm

I have an album or two by these guys. It has been over a decade since i played them. I should dig them out and give them a fresh spin.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
(shrugs)

I'm sure Frontiers Records has their check book ready.

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 5:31 pm

I have the first two XYZ albums and I actually remember the album covers more than any of the music.  I can't recall a single song.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 6:20 pm

I am a fan. Good news. Terry has great vox.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 7:44 pm

The Hungry album is pretty underrated IMO. It's got the same kind of swagger that made Skid Row great.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 pm

This is good to hear as I never thought he fit that well with GW. Also, I like the first 2 XYZ albums a lot. Not a lot of high hopes for any new music (if any actually gets recorded) cuz it's been nearly 3 decades since their 15 minutes of fame.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 3:51 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 5:23 am

All I remember about XYZ is Don Dokken produced them and....well that's it
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 8:06 am

Manny, the first album (the one DD produced) has a definite Dokken "vibe" to it. Not saying it's a carbon copy of the band, but some of the songs would be at home on a Dokken album like "Back for the Attack" or "Under Lock and Key."
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 9:15 am

The lead guitarist was awesome. One of the underrated guys from the 80s IMHO. They were pretty Zeppelin-ish and quite competent, if not memorable.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 9:36 am

The only thing I remember about them was selling their Hungry album on ebay a few years ago for significantly more than I paid for it.

PostSubject: Re: Terry putting XYZ back together   Terry putting XYZ back together Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terry putting XYZ back together
Page 1 of 1