Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett)

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett) Empty
PostSubject: RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett)   RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 2:51 pm

RIP. Age 92. So I guess this means she won't be part of the "Facts Of Life" reboot.

Charlotte Rae, who played a wise and patient housemother to a brood of teenage girls on the long-running sitcom "The Facts of Life" during a career that encompassed many other TV roles as well as stage and film appearances, has died. She was 92.

Rae died at her Los Angeles home Sunday with her family at her side, said her publicist, Harlan Boll. A cause of death was not immediately available, but Rae was diagnosed last year with bone cancer after beating pancreatic cancer, Boll said.

She originated the character of Mrs. Garrett in 1978 during the first season of NBC's comedy "Diff'rent Strokes," then took Mrs. Garrett with her for the spinoff "Facts," which premiered the following season.

Initially set at a girls' boarding school, that NBC series ran for nine seasons. Rae left after its seventh year, however, explaining later, "I needed some time for the rest of my life."

RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett) Mindy-cohn-geri-jewell-lisa-whelchel-charlotte-rae-nancy-mckeon-b8f3d10916737f64

(I have no idea who that is next to Mindy Cohn, maybe a writer?).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett)   RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 3:24 pm

I don't know her real name, but I think that's the girl with cerebral palsy that played Blair's cousin Gerry on the show for a few seasons.

Mrs. G was part of the rich tv landscape that made up a young MetalGuy's viewing habits. She will be missed.

EDIT:Geri Jewell

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett)   RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 3:36 pm

RIP Mrs. G
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett)   RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 12:02 am

R.I.P. Mrs. G
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett)   RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 4:56 pm

I swear I thought I heard about her passing already some months ago. Must have got her confused with someone else. RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett)   RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 9:06 pm

Can't say I was a big fan of that show, but she was a familiar face from my childhood.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett)   RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Charlotte Rae (Mrs. Garrett)
Page 1 of 1