Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlotte Church anyone?

Go down 
+5
chewie
Dr8breed74
Runicen
manny
Boris2008
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Charlotte Church anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:00 am

Man, I can see this being a lonely thread! Laughing very hard

I've always liked Charlotte a lot, not really her music, i didn't like all of the 'voice of an angel' stuff from when she was a kid and her record company's lame attempts to turn her into a pop princess were laughable, but her as a person, I dug her a lot.

So no-one is more surprised than me by this!! Charlotte really seems to have found her voice now and a great band to boot. Beautiful vocals and amazing music that reminds me of Kate Bush, Pink Floyd, Bjork & DTP simultaneously, which in my book is a very good thing.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:48 am

I can't access the clip from work, so can't judge her current musical journey, but one cannot deny that girl ( well woman now I suppose) that girl can sing. Very few people at any age as the strength to sing with the power she does
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:31 pm

It's a hell of a transition and what I've heard definitely indicates a strong talent that was probably being held back for years by an industry that was totally into the "child star" thing.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:48 pm

I've lived in Cardiff for nearly 20 years and NEVER seen her around the place. More chance of bumping into a Motorhead member than her.
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Visually, this reminds me of something that Peter Gabriel would've done. Musically, a little PG mixed in with Kate Bush but not as weird as Laurie Anderson.... and a dash of The Gathering and late 90s-00s Marillion.

Either way I really like it!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:04 pm

WOW!!! I don't remember this Charlotte Church!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Wow. I think I'll try to protect my 81-year old mother from hearing this "heathen music" emanating from her "hero" Charlotte Church.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:57 am

chewie wrote:
WOW!!! I don't remember this Charlotte Church!

Certainly WOW!

She grew into a fine fine fine... well you know!

Hubba hubba.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:38 pm

I saw her ex once in a HMV store in Cardiff, Gavin Henson is a absolutely MASSIVE! I'm over six foot and a reasonable build, he made me look small.
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 4:57 pm

My sister loved Charlotte back in the late 90's early 00's when she was strictly a Classical singer. I had totally forgot about her and would have probably guessed she was out of the music scene as I've never followed her career or cared for it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:53 am

i think my wife has some of her cds. I dont normally listen to her cds.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlotte Church anyone?   Charlotte Church anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlotte Church anyone?
Page 1 of 1