Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011   Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Firehouse played their annual Charlotte NC show on Apr23, 2011. In case you don't know, the band originated and based itself in Charlotte, so playing Charlotte every year is their annual homecoming.

Anyway, this was my 5th time seeing the band, and they were in fine form. There were a couple of hiccups with gear and introducing new (old) songs that they had not played in a long while. CJ sounded great, Bill played his ass off and the whole band were just having a great time.

My son and I got to hang with the band before and after the show. CJ invited us into the backstage room for a little hangout pre-show (CJ and I are on the same Liberty N Justice album) and after the customary meet & greet, we got to hang a little more. I wish I had remembered to take pictures...haha! Anyway, super cool, down to earth guys...all 4 of them. Bill & Michael are actually from the same city as me (Richmond, VA) and still live there to this day.

Here's the setlist (not in order)...they did a drum solo and Bill had a couple of extended guitar breaks and intros as well...

Hold Your Fire
Overnight Sensation
Lover's Lane
Shake & Tumble
Love Of A Lifetime
Don't Treat Me Bad
Oughta Be A Law
When I Look Into Your Eyes
Hold The Dream
Reach For The Sky
Trying To Make A Living
Holding On (Bill on vocals)
Door To Door (Michael on vocals)
Loving You Sunday Morning (Scorpions cover w/ Allen on vocals)
All She Wrote
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011   Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 pm

I liked this band...had some good times listening th their music.

So cool seeing ya have fun with the kid, priceless !

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011   Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks for the review.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011   Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:19 pm

Nice review! I've missed these shows. I've been wanting to go but something usually comes up and I'm unable to attend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011   Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Firehouse - live in Charlotte NC Apr23 2011
Page 1 of 1