Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens

Go down 
+10
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
James B.
Gilbert
nevermore
Required Fields
Troublezone
Lari
Fat Freddy
Rami Airola
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 9:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't think anyone bought the first Tim Owens solo album so I doubt they'll ever be another one.  Supposedly a Beyond Fear album is being worked on but who knows

I think it's more likely that he'll be asked to join Judas Priest again at some point.

I do really like these live solo shows he's been doing where he can play songs from all his previous bands, and occasionally even a Winters Bane song

Haha. True. A quick check of Wiki shows a dozen other projects and one solo album. Being the live music lover that I am, I would be interested in a Live album of those shows.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 9:07 am

Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:
Owens still has name recognition. It's easy to see why, if several options are somewhat reasonably close enough, they'd pick the Ripper.

For Owens, this is not a big score. He stays relevant (well... as much as Tourniquet is relevant at least), but I doubt he actually makes much money out of this. He must like their music and just wants to help them out.

I'm not that surprised that Ripper agreed to work with them, because Ted is friends with people outside Christian circles like Marty Friedman (whom he has also worked with on more than one album).

Ted already had Ripper on his Black Sabbath tribute album so they were already connected. Must've been easier to agree to join and to ask to join the full album if the Black Sabbath thing was a pleasant experience for both.

But yeah, the more he gets these famous people on his projects the easier it must be to make stuff like this happen. Ted has really been putting his foot in the door during the past 6 years or so. A textbook example of taking "in entertainment business you have to make connections" very seriously.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 10:35 am

Won't lie - Kinda psyched. Love Ted. Love Ripper. 2 amazing musicians. Hope it shreds.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17116

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 10:09 pm

Rami Airola wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:
Owens still has name recognition. It's easy to see why, if several options are somewhat reasonably close enough, they'd pick the Ripper.

For Owens, this is not a big score. He stays relevant (well... as much as Tourniquet is relevant at least), but I doubt he actually makes much money out of this. He must like their music and just wants to help them out.

I'm not that surprised that Ripper agreed to work with them, because Ted is friends with people outside Christian circles like Marty Friedman (whom he has also worked with on more than one album).

Ted already had Ripper on his Black Sabbath tribute album so they were already connected. Must've been easier to agree to join and to ask to join the full album if the Black Sabbath thing was a pleasant experience for both.

But yeah, the more he gets these famous people on his projects the easier it must be to make stuff like this happen. Ted has really been putting his foot in the door during the past 6 years or so. A textbook example of taking "in entertainment business you have to make connections" very seriously.

I forgot Ripper was on the Sabbath tribute. I really like that EP! The production is loud and full and the guitar tone is crushing. The only voice I didn't like was Chris Jericho's.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 12:13 pm

I haven't given much though to Tourniquet lately, but putting Ripper behind the mic might change my mind. I don't mind hearing what he can do.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 4:24 am

I'm looking forward to it. It should be great, I mean Rippers voice with Teds music should be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens   Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet's new vocalist: Ripper Owens
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2