Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin

Go down 
+15
glassprison
manny
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Troublezone
nevermore
Gilbert
Thelemech
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Glower
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Empty
PostSubject: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 9:19 am

I read this in our local newspaper. I thought "Cool!". Then I saw the prices. Granted it is for charity but who would pay these prices?!?

Three of rock music’s most revered front men will gather for the inaugural Rock The Kids, an exclusive evening of unplugged music at Panama City Beach’s award-winning Firefly Restaurant on May 17, 2018.

Mark Slaughter of “Slaughter”, Gunnar Nelson of twin duo “Nelson” and “Mr. Big” front man Eric Martin to perform an intimate in-the-round concert, and this year’s beneficiary is the Anchorage Children’s Home in Panama City. Rendy Lovelady, Rock the Kids organizer and Pepsi Gulf Coast Jam Producer plans to make the concert an annual event in honor of his father.

This event will include Unplugged Performance, Silent/Live Auction, Firefly Dinner, Wine, VIP cocktail with Meet & Greet (for $5000 level of higher), Dinner with the Artists (for 10 top level or higher), Commemorative event artwork and more. 10-12 top: $7,500... 8 top: $5000... 6 top: $3,500... 4 top: $2000.

http://www.anchoragechildrenshome.org/news-events.htm
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:33 am

Yikes! That is steep.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:33 am

" Three of rock music’s most revered front men "

NOT !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:53 am

That's a generous interpretation of the word "revered."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 11:07 am

Cut those prices in half and it's still ridiculous.

But hope it works out for them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 11:21 am

That's asking a bit much from the fan-base, dontchya think? What Slaughter fan has that kinda cash to throw around? You know how many '86 Camaros and stone washed jeans you could get for that kinda scratch in Florida?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 11:42 am

" Stick it to Ya "

I felt ripped off after spending 8 bucks for that used CD !
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 12:02 pm

That's waaaaaaay too much money for something like that. Who would pay for that ? It's a shame too because that's a good cause.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Glower wrote:
" Three of rock music’s most revered front men "

NOT !

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 2:23 pm

Stupid! Who would pay that much money?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Unless all of their fans are filthy rich looks like they aren't going to raise much.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 7:02 pm

When I think of "revered " rock vocalists, these guys wouldn't even make the cut on a list of 200. What a joke!

Especially Gunnar Nelson. That guy did mostly duet style vocals with his brother, and as far as I know, they only had one hit song on MTV.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 7:43 pm

Are they paying me that much to eat with them? If so, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Are they paying me that much to eat with them? If so, I'm in.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:32 pm

I agree it's a ridiculous amount of money to ask for the "privilege" but if they can get it and it's for a good cause then I'm all for it.

It reminds me of the prices people pay for baseball cards; I sure as hell would never do it but if the seller can find a buyer then who am I to tell the seller he's wrong?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 10:35 pm

I think the asking price is ridiculous but its for a charity, but calling Gunnar Nelson a revered frontman is like calling Charles Manson an expert family man.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 1:52 am

I doubt anyone who participates in this is doing it purely for the experience of having dinner with these guys. And these kind of charity events are generally geared towards the kind of people who can actually pay those prices without thinking twice about it. I'm sure Mark Slaughter and the Nelsons are just trying to help out. After all, none of them even do those paid meet and greet packages at their shows, and are relatively easy to meet for free if you really want to.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 6:19 am

Glower wrote:
" Stick it to Ya "

I felt ripped off after spending 8 bucks for that used CD !

Pffft! That's -
a great - album -
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 4:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That's asking a bit much from the fan-base, dontchya think? What Slaughter fan has that kinda cash to throw around? You know how many '86 Camaros and stone washed jeans you could get for that kinda scratch in Florida?

You leave The Redneck Riviera alone, buddy. Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin 754598 Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin 47715
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 4:40 pm

Are we sure the charity isn't raising money for Mark, Gunnar and Eric? Could they afford to attend their own event?

What a Face

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 9:56 am

Big Rich wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You leave The Redneck Riviera alone, buddy. Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin 754598 Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin 47715

I'm here too bud!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 8:41 am

Jesus Christ, guys!!!

A - it's press hyperbole. It happens every day. It's the equivalent of overusing the word "amazing".

B - it's a charity function. They're giving fans the opportunity to get tickets, but most likely it'll be wealthier folks who attend charity galas, etc, who will be buying these tickets.

You guys are ridiculous.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 9:25 am

Do we even know what they look like now ?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 9:56 am

Can anyone say "tax deduction".

That is all these events really are. Sure some money trickles down to the cause, but just think how much more would make it if there wasn't the overhead of advertising, retainer fee's, and administrative costs. I'd be surprised if 10 cents on the dollar makes it to the kids and 'm being generous.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 10:01 am

Mark, Gunnar, and Eric will probably make more money than the charity. It's like the celebrity speaker on the TV commercials, "save the whatever" now where is my check.

PostSubject: Re: Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin   Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinner with Mark Slaughter, Gunnar Nelson & Eric Martin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next