Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...

Go down 
+8
Stender
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Addy
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Empty
PostSubject: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 12:20 pm

I can't believe I have a Senior in HS about to graduate. Here's her 4x4 relay team that is going to State! They took Silver at the Regional meet.

Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Dsc06910

You guys mostly know my girls' metal journey with me, but she's also been running track and finally in her Senior year, the team made State.

Toho, Uncle Sax, Thrasher, Fat Freddy, Dark Horseman...those of you who've been around since the "old" days...you guys we've seen 12-13+ years roll by...and now my oldest is going to be an adult herself soon. It's been fun sharing metal, family, politics, sports, movies, etc...with you guys!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 1:33 pm

Just another reminder of how time flies...

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Wow, time do fly. Scott's daughter is almost a grown up!

I remember not long after I joined this forum in '07, posting something to the effect of "Did anyone miss me? I was offline for a few days cuz my wife just gave birth to a baby boy," and that kid is going to be 11 years old in July.

Oh well. You may have to get old, but you can refuse to grow up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed May 02, 2018 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 3:07 pm

That's hard to believe Scott. Congrats!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 4:01 am

Seems unreal man! My daughter was a baby when I joined HOM,now she's a teenager. Time flies for sure. Congrats brother!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 7:59 am

Time passing by is a universal truth, one that really did not hit home until I became a dad. My daughter just turned 3 and started pre-school It feels like just last week she came home from the hospital

Congrats on your daughter's success and yes time does go by quick , nothing like having a daughter Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Love it. My daughter is almost 29. And she was still in middle school when we started this thang. Nice job SM!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 6:40 pm

The HoM and further back the CMR...it's like a time-capsule. I day could be lost going back and reading all the best threads over the years...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 7:00 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The HoM and further back the CMR...it's like a time-capsule. I day could be lost going back and reading all the best threads over the years...

I actually do that occasionally.  I think it's fascinating to see how my tastes/interests have changed over the years.  It's also interesting to see the various members who have come and gone.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 8:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
 It's also interesting to see the various members who have come and gone.

Heath Miller
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 10:10 pm

Congrats to your daughter, Scott. I was about to graduate highschool when I joined this board, now I am 28 and continue to post. Time flies when you're having fun I guess.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 10:50 pm

I remember teenage Stender. My, how time flies!!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 12:32 am

My son was around 1 or so in the old ezboard HoM days. He's 15 as of yesterday...

Of course, I lived in the U.S. back then as well. I've been in Australia for nearly a decade now.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 4:59 am

When I first joined during the final days of the old board and then switching over to this one back in '07, I had no idea I would still be a member 10+ years later! It's weird to think of all the characters that have come and gone and some of the old heated discussions. Laughing
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Congrats Scott! I've got two in college now, an 8th grader and a 10th grader still going! So weird, dude!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 3:05 pm

^^
Holy cow, a T-Roy sighting. What up? It must be Old Goats Week around here!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 5:58 pm

T-Roy...long time!! And, wow! Didn't remember that you had so many, I feel for you!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 6:14 pm

I just checked and I didn't realize Scott M. joined this board before I did.  It was 10 years for me this past February so since I don't have children to mark the passage of time, I'll measure it in cats.

2008 when I joined was the height of the Godiva/Tux regime.  Godiva was "dethroned" in December of 2014.  Her successor Loosie took the throne in February of 2015.  Then last November, King Tux succumbed to a coup and was replaced with Prince Squirrel.

So basically I've had a 4-cat tenure on this board.  So far...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 7:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
So basically I've had a 4-cat tenure on this board.  So far...

I am pretty much there. 3 cats down, 3 to go. Plus a rat and iguana as fallen soldiers, also. Long live Nova, Cupcake, and Meaty Bob Johnson! And, Sugar, if we are counting dogs....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 9:42 pm

I count all pets but I've only had cats since I joined this board.

I did have an iguana prior though; little bastard hated me.  I had visions of walking on the beach in Connecticut with an iguana on my shoulder but that never happened.  This little sucker just hissed at me all the time and when I let him out of his 50 gallon tank he cut me across the nose with his tail.  I gave him to the owner of a reptile store when I moved here.  Definitely a failed experiment.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 10:46 pm

Toho - I feel like we go back further to other board(s). I know my first time around many of you was October, 2005...at the CMR or some other version of this board.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 6:27 am

Sup T-Roy? Good to see ya around. You should drop in more often.

Now all we need is a visit from Kmorg and Locky. Miss those guys.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Sup brothers! Life is good. Crazy busy! I'm a sophomore in college....an old 45 year old sophomore. Im still in healthcare in marketing. My wife is a full time student too and still home schooling our girls.

But most importantly, I'm still a hopeless metal head driving my wife, kids and neighbor's crazy. Haha!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 1:51 am

T Roy whats good!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 7:58 am

I remember when I joined this board, I got hammered for something by Kurdt, and I remember thinking, man, maybe these message boards are not for me! This was the first one and actually the only one I belong to.

I have become good acquaintances with a number of you and here I am all these years later. Miss rattpoison, spectrefate, Kurdt detuned and others, who have moved on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...   Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daughter bragging time! For the OGs here who have seen my girls grow up...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next