Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why the "flat earth" mania ?

Go down 
+12
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Addy
Stender
MetalGuy71
Lari
anthrax_fan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Well, seeing as so many people in such a seemingly highly developed country actually treat the bible as a factual written source...

lol!
I was going to say the same..

Go ahead and ridicule other beliefs, other religions, non believers, science, conspiacy theories... Bud God and Jesus are for real, and the bible is their or his? spoken words. The earth is 6000 years old, I could go on...

Come on people Rolling Eyes

One of these things dosn't fit.............
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 10:57 pm

Funny this topic was posted cause I was just listening to a few podcasts about this and other conspiracy theories. They make you think. Anything is really possible, but when you look in the sky and see the moon, sun and they are round, it’s kind of hard to say that earth isn’t as well. If you think flat earth is crazy, read up about the moon and sun being projections.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 4:00 am

Troublezone wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Well, seeing as so many people in such a seemingly highly developed country actually treat the bible as a factual written source...

Yeah a typical snarky atheist comment.

Well, for one thing the Earth has been proven not to be flat. The existence of God cannot be disproved... although it's really a matter of personal faith.

I could say to you being you're Scandinavian, that in 100 years your great grandchildren will worship Allah. But let's not go there...

The argument that the existence of god cannot be disproven is the weakest argument ever - you see, science actually comes up with realistic theories and evidence-based findings that actually could happen in reality - no, from a strictly technical point of view, the existence of god can't be disproven, however all the evidence points to it - but that's not even my main gripe about religious people - there's a huge difference between being a deist and actually believing and being 100% committed to one specific religion, in your case Christianity (which is really just plagiarized Judaism and Islam is a further perversion of Christianity). For all its discrepancies, accounts of events that were written litterally thousands of years apart, and the fact that science and archaeological evidence have disproved numerous things written in the bible (the age of the earth, the exodus of the Jews), people still buy into this crap.

You say I'm snarky, yet your only rebuttal to the mountains of evidence against your faith is "uh....yeah, but god". It's fine for you to have your own personal faith, but it is no way, shape or form okay for you to mock science, evolution or any other fact/evidence-based theories when you literally have nothing to counter with.

By the way, I'm just going to pretend you actually didn't write that incredibly ignorant remark at the end.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 12:51 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

Yeah a typical snarky atheist comment.

Well, for one thing the Earth has been proven not to be flat. The existence of God cannot be disproved... although it's really a matter of personal faith.

I could say to you being you're Scandinavian, that in 100 years your great grandchildren will worship Allah. But let's not go there...

The argument that the existence of god cannot be disproven is the weakest argument ever - you see, science actually comes up with realistic theories and evidence-based findings that actually could happen in reality - no, from a strictly technical point of view, the existence of god can't be disproven, however all the evidence points to it - but that's not even my main gripe about religious people - there's a huge difference between being a deist and actually believing and being 100% committed to one specific religion, in your case Christianity (which is really just plagiarized Judaism and Islam is a further perversion of Christianity). For all its discrepancies, accounts of events that were written litterally thousands of years apart, and the fact that science and archaeological evidence have disproved numerous things written in the bible (the age of the earth, the exodus of the Jews), people still buy into this crap.

You say I'm snarky, yet your only rebuttal to the mountains of evidence against your faith is "uh....yeah, but god". It's fine for you to have your own personal faith, but it is no way, shape or form okay for you to mock science, evolution or any other fact/evidence-based theories when you literally have nothing to counter with.

By the way, I'm just going to pretend you actually didn't write that incredibly ignorant remark at the end.

Oh, it's you again...
You must've been dwelling on what I said. I don't care how many words you cram in your post to tell me you're right and I'm wrong. And I'll say whatever I please (just like you).
You cannot disprove God. End of story!

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri May 18, 2018 1:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 1:04 am

Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 10:37 pm

I Believe Flat Earth now . BUT no , I didn´t became a Christian again . theres a series of books released here in Brasil called "Universe in Disenchantment" that where written in the 20th century that claimed by 1935 to the 70´s (when the series was written) , when almost NOONE believed such , that the earth is flat .

It´s also a religious book , like the bible , but with a completely different vision about the origins of the universe . Kinda part of the New Age world movement .

And There´s Urandir and Dakila Institute that PROVED erath is Flat in a 7 year experiment .

And Indeed it is ... flat . and It´s easy to prove such .

Last edited by anthrax_fan on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Convex Earth , the documentary ...
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 1:58 am

anthrax_fan wrote:
I Believe Flat Earth now . BUT no , I didn´t became a Christian again . theres a series of books released here in Brasil called "Universe in Disenchantment" that where written in the 20th century that claimed by 1935 to the 70´s (when the series was written) , when almost NOONE believed such , that the earth is flat .

It´s also a religious book , like the bible , but with a completely different vision about the origins of the universe . Kinda part of the New Age world movement .

And There´s Urandir and Dakila Institute that PROVED erath is Flat in a 7 year experiment .

And Indeed it is ... flat . and It´s easy to prove such .
Prove it then.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 5:51 am

Yeah I'd like to see some proof as well. And I don't have the time to watch some crackpot documentary.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 7:14 am

anthrax_fan wrote:
I Believe Flat Earth now .

Hey, that's great. Good for you. Have a cookie.

Quote :
BUT no , I didn´t became a Christian again .

(Phew) That's a relief. We were all so worried.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 7:15 am

What about middle earth? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 7:41 am

I prefer the theory that sez the Earth is hollow, and there's a secret Utopia populated by aliens and Nazis in the center. Because science!

https://nypost.com/2017/12/26/conspiracy-theorists-convinced-earth-is-hollow-and-filled-with-aliens/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 12:59 pm

007 wrote:
Yeah I'd like to see some proof as well. And I don't have the time to watch some crackpot documentary.
I watched about two much minutes worth of that terrible "documentary" and it's really bad. I might watch it some more after work, I can always use a good laugh after a long day work.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 2:15 am

There are many ways to prove earth is flat , but I actually have 4 points that most people just cannot say "oh it´s your mistake because" . I´ll post one by one later , starting with water . the surface of water contents ALWAYS levels flat ,no matter the shape of the bottom of the recipient (evidence number one)
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 3:39 am

anthrax_fan wrote:
the surface of water contents ALWAYS levels flat ,no matter the shape of the bottom of the recipient (evidence number one)
Well that proves it to me, i'm a believer now.

WOW! Are you serious with that statement? Have you ever even been on the ocean before? You can SEE with your own eyes the curvature of the earth. What is your opinion on the rest of the planets and moons and stars and galaxies and everything else that has been photographed in the astronomy world? Have you noticed that just about everything in the universe is spherical? Is all that just lies also? Part of your big conspiracy?

Tell me, what purpose does it serve to lie and say the earth is a shear when it's (in your mind) flat? What is the point of it? How does anyone benefit by telling this lie to the people of earth if it's truly flat?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:21 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
anthrax_fan wrote:
the surface of water contents ALWAYS levels flat ,no matter the shape of the bottom of the recipient (evidence number one)
Well that proves it to me, i'm a believer now.

WOW! Are you serious with that statement? Have you ever even been on the ocean before? You can SEE with your own eyes the curvature of the earth. What is your opinion on the rest of the planets and moons and stars and galaxies and everything else that has been photographed in the astronomy world? Have you noticed that just about everything in the universe is spherical? Is all that just lies also? Part of your big conspiracy?

Tell me, what purpose does it serve to lie and say the earth is a shear when it's (in your mind) flat? What is the point of it? How does anyone benefit by telling this lie to the people of earth if it's truly flat?

Not only those things you mentioned, but also how aesthetically lame the concept is!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 10:37 am

Quote :
There are many ways to prove earth is flat , but I actually have 4 points

Quote :
I´ll post one by one later, starting with water

(taps foot impatiently waiting for points #2, 3 and 4)

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 11:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
There are many ways to prove earth is flat , but I actually have 4 points

Quote :
I´ll post one by one later, starting with water

(taps foot impatiently waiting for points #2, 3 and 4)

Obviously, he was revealing the truth and "they" got to him before he could say anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Why the "flat earth" mania ?   Why the "flat earth" mania ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why the "flat earth" mania ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2