Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lamb of God

Go down 
+15
TheGooch
KissinMaiden
GrandNational
caniplaywithmadness?
Rex
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
novellahub
Temple of Blood
mc666
INVADERS
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Lamb of God - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:52 pm

Terrible vocals. That's their problem.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 7:45 pm

The vocals actually sound pretty good in that one Overkill song.

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:10 pm

In all fairness, I've never owned an album by them - nor heard anymore than just a few songs. The songs I heard were pretty bad though - so ...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I thought my motives were spelled out pretty clear.
no argument here.

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The vocals actually sound pretty good in that one Overkill song.
Yeah? I haven't heard the album, but I did see the video of him recording his vocals. He sounded terrible. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:

This is that vocal-centric approach I talked about earlier. Sure, that's one problem but certainly not their only one. Not even their main one IMHO. It's the music and the songs themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:47 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
This is that vocal-centric approach I talked about earlier. Sure, that's one problem but certainly not their only one. Not even their main one IMHO. It's the music and the songs themselves.
It's tough for me to agree with this, only because I find the vocals to be extremely important. If you change the vocal approach, it changes the song. They might very well still suck, but maybe not. Just look at Trivium for the perfect example. When Heafy screams it's almost unlistenable. When he sings aggressively, they're quite good.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 1:04 am

I managed to suck it up and like the vocals, ashes of the wake has sentimental value to me even though i do not listent o metalcore. The song that randy did with overkill is awsome Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 1:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
It's tough for me to agree with this, only because I find the vocals to be extremely important. If you change the vocal approach, it changes the song. They might very well still suck, but maybe not. Just look at Trivium for the perfect example. When Heafy screams it's almost unlistenable. When he sings aggressively, they're quite good.

Trivium is a great example, I agree. Even when he "sings" it improves the music but it is still a bad song and still not worth listening to.

Vocals are great but they ain't everything.

Songs > vocals > performance > production
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 1:39 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Trivium is a great example, I agree. Even when he "sings" it improves the music but it is still a bad song and still not worth listening to.
Well, I think Trivium is a pretty solid band now, at least on The Crusade. I also previously liked the music, but the vocals were hard to handle. So it's all opinion beyond that, you know?

Quote :
Vocals are great but they ain't everything.

Songs > vocals > performance > production
I agree. A good song is most important. I simply have a difficult time being able to say as a general statement that a song would still suck with a different style of vocals, when talking about music by a band like Lamb Of God. Although I do have little faith that Lamb Of God would have any interest to me if the dude did sing differently.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 2:16 pm

they are ok but not great and definitelty not a speed metal band like they claim
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:23 pm

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:16 pm

I like Lamb of God, I agree about the vocals after awhile they tend to get a little tiresome. But I do like them and give them a spin awhile.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:13 pm

that first song i posted sees Randy singing
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 pm

watched walk with me in hell this week, best live documentary/dvd I have seen. really shows what life in the band is like. highly recommend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:08 am

I've tried listening to these guys again. I don't own anything, but I hear them on sattellite radio. The vocals just kill it for me. The music's not bad though. For me, I think if they had a singer, not just a vocalist, I might get into them. As it stands now though, pass.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:36 am

He's going for a slightly heavier voice on this one. Sounds ok...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:11 am

Quite heavy and amusing. Yet, the vocals are not to my liking.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:00 pm

new album streamed on there myspace. I liked the intro and 1 other song from the album. Most is very forgettable but very heavy.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:50 pm

can't wait for the new album!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lamb of God   Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lamb of God
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2