Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Priest Drummer Dead

Go down 
+12
Gilbert
corplhicks
CRIMSONMASK
Boris2008
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
Required Fields
Troublezone
nevermore
manny
Fat Freddy
candlemass
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Former Priest Drummer Dead Empty
PostSubject: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 6:37 pm

http://www.ghostcultmag.com/former-judas-priest-drummer-dave-holland-dead-at-age-69/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Is this legit? There's nothing about it on any of the big name rock/metal news sites (Blabbermouth, Bravewords, etc.)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 7:37 pm

I am not sure if its legit either, but we will know soon enough. One thing for sure, his career has been dead for over two decades now.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 7:43 pm

manny wrote:
I am not sure if its legit either, but we will know soon enough. One thing for sure, his career has been dead for over two decades now.

Wasn't he in prison?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 7:46 pm

nevermore wrote:
manny wrote:

Wasn't he in prison?

Yeah, I guess he's a sex offender.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 7:46 pm

nevermore wrote:
manny wrote:

Wasn't he in prison?

Yes he was for sexually assaulting a special needs child
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 8:15 pm

His Wikipedia page doesn't show him as deceased.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 8:39 pm

manny wrote:
nevermore wrote:
manny wrote:

Wasn't he in prison?

Yes he was for sexually assaulting a special needs child

I thought it was only attempted, but either way, it's messed up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 8:24 am

He got out of prison years ago, friend of mine posted this on fb, had no idea that it may not be legit.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 8:28 am

He is deceased.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 8:44 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
He is deceased.

Apparently, so is the link...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 8:48 am

Seems to be legit;

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report-former-judas-priest-drummer-dave-holland-dead-at-69/
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 am

Considering his rather, errrr, checkered history since he left Priest, I wonder if JP will even acknowledge his passing on their social media.

"Dave who now? Oh yeah...THAT guy. We don't talk about him anymore."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 9:51 am

He was a pretty good drummer, but it was clear in 1988 that he was WAY out of his league. Clearly, they made the right decision replacing him and probably should've brought Scott Travis on in 1988.

I do wonder if he's actually guilty. These things can be very hard or impossible to prove and it is clearly VERY serious either way.

Either way, RIP.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 am

I read some stuff about him. I doubt there will be many tributes to the guy.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 2:22 pm

Les Binks was the cat they should've kept in the bag.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 2:51 pm

candlemass wrote:

Yeah! Though I doubt he could handle the faster "Ram it Down" tempos either. I bet he didn't want to tour anymore. Apparently he recorded with Trytan (?) but I haven't heard that album yet.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 3:01 pm

candlemass wrote:

Les Binks' mustache > Dave Holland's mustache

Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 3:09 pm

Perhaps he couldn't bear the thought of a world without Slayer
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 3:38 pm

I love love love Holland's style (call me the 1% around here) and agree with what Ian said about him:

"PRIEST bassist Ian Hill once described Holland's style as "very steady and solid. He doesn't try to fit things in and be fancy just for the sake of it. Dave's the sort of drummer that would rather leave something out and make his impact that way, instead of dealing with a real technical jazz-type drum fill. All I can say is that Dave's a damn good heavy rock drummer in my book.""

That said, the whole fuckery with the 17-year-old is a weird situation and I don't know enough of the situation to take sides (I'm totally open to further information). It's difficult for me to say RIP with this situation in mind especially as the father of two special-needs kids.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 6:43 pm

There was some initial confusion about this story cuz there is a British jazz musician whose name is also Dave Holland. So when the news of the Priest guy's death came out, fans of the jazz guy thought it was "their" Dave Holland at first and started posting R.I.P. messages on his FB... so the jazz guy had to come on and go "No, I'm not dead. I'm fine," and everyone went "Oh, OK, must be one of those internet death hoaxes then," haha

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 pm

His role in Priest was the same as Ian Hill... to be as basic as possible in the background.

Halford's voice and the guitars were always the focus of the band. I don't know if Dave was truly guilty of his accused crime or not ... but he did a good job on all the classic albums IMO.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 11:36 pm

Hope his sins are forgiven...
Back to top Go down
zlogdan
Metal novice
Metal novice
zlogdan

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 am

RIP. I cannot say if he was guilty or not, still he has recorded some amazing albums with Priest where his playing definitely fits well. I like his drumming better on British Steel.
Back to top Go down
http://zlogdan.blogspot.com
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2018 9:40 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Priest Drummer Dead   Former Priest Drummer Dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Priest Drummer Dead
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next