Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer)

Go down 
+2
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer) Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer)   R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 10:31 pm

Drummer John Hinch, who played on JUDAS PRIEST's debut album, 1974's "Rocka Rolla", has died. He was 73 years old.

Hinch's passing was confirmed by PRIEST singer Rob Halford on Instagram Stories earlier today. Rob shared a photo of Hinch, along with the caption "RIP" and a series of emojis, including the "devil's horns" and a snare drum.

According to Wikipedia, Hinch played in several Birmingham, U.K. rock bands, including THE PINCH, THE GENERATION, and THE BAKERLOO BLUES LINE, later BAKERLOO. With Halford, he played in the band HIROSHIMA from 1972 to 1973.

In May 1973, guitarist K.K. Downing and bassist Ian Hill, the founding members of JUDAS PRIEST, were looking for other musicians to complete the lineup for their band, vocalist Alan Atkins and various temporary drummers having left to pursue other musical projects. They approached Halford and Hinch after they saw them playing live with HIROSHIMA. Glenn Tipton joined as second guitarist, and in 1974, they recorded "Rocka Rolla".

Hinch reportedly left PRIEST in 1975 over personal differences and conflicts, particularly with Tipton. He later pursued a career in music management.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/former-judas-priest-drummer-john-hinch-dead-at-73/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer)   R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 11:11 pm

R.I.P..
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer)   R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 6:05 am

May he rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer)   R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 6:15 am

Just listened to Rocka Rolla.

R.I.P.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer)   R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 8:41 am

R.I.P.

Not too hijack this particular thread. I don't know if they're any fans here of Karma To Burn . But their guitarist Will Mecum passed away yesterday as well.

Last edited by nevermore on Sat May 01, 2021 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer)   R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2021 7:39 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer)   R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. John Hinch (former Judas Priest drummer)
Page 1 of 1