Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:14 pm

Quote :
First off, Vinnie has no need for money. There's no way he'd need something like a cash-in

That's a bold statement there, my friend. Who's to say how much money is enough? I think Donald Trump or Gene Simmons would tell you otherwise.

In all seriousness, there must be some legal wranglings (ie writing credits, royalities, estates, etc.) that are keeping them tied up. If it simply were Vinnie's choice, and he's just sitting on the master tapes, why wouldn't he put them out? Especially when you see how much originals/bootlegs are going for? Why wouldn't he go for some of that action?

Honestly, I do hope someone, Vinnie or otherwise, would re-release them legitimately. I'm a Pantera fan and would love to have them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
First off, Vinnie has no need for money. There's no way he'd need something like a cash-in
That's a bold statement there, my friend. Who's to say how much money is enough? I think Donald Trump or Gene Simmons would tell you otherwise.
Well, I'm sure Vinnie would take some more money, who wouldn't. I'm just saying that I don't think a cash-in would be the reason for re-releasing these. They could have done that after Far Beyond Driven, once Pantera's brand of metal started to slip.

It just doesn't seem like a move that would be for money, but be simply for fans. I can't imagine even now after Dime's death that these would sell much at all. It would be a move for fans like us, not to make money.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:38 pm

Maybe I'm too cynical, but I still think it's a cash move.

Moving on, what about the 2nd part of my statement? If it's not a cash-in, do you think it's a legal thing? What's keeping SOMEONE SOMEWHERE from releasing these?

Eyesore, you stated that there's still some bad blood with Rex & Phil. Understandable, but do you think it's spite that's keeping these from release?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I've never once read where Pantera denies their past. They've always said that they were young and that they just steadily got heavier and heavier as time went on. A natural progression, not an attempt to outrun their past.
on many occasion they've claimed Cowboys to be Pantera first bonafide album. that's as much as admitting they were ashamed of the previous 4 releases, which were nothing at all to be ashamed of.

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:28 pm

Yeah, I also read an interview one time a long time ago (in the 90s) and Vinnie, Dimebag, and Phil pretty much all agreed that "Cowboys" was their first album. Totally denying their past - saying they were just 'kids' and 'learning to play' and what not.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:39 pm

I enjoyed every release these guys put out. Cowboys is my fav album from them. CFH started there rise to stardom before they became these metal legends. I enjoyed the releases before CFH but they didnt grab me like CFH did..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2