Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Empty
PostSubject: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URXjjHUvi_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B38uiYpIsbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:39 pm

[quote="decapitate"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URXjjHUvi_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B38uiYpIsbs[/quote]

Anyone know how to remove cheese from a keyboard???? fainting

Although Dimebag singing on the Seek & Destroy is the best singing I've heard from that band! Not too shabby.

Last edited by on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 7:40 pm

I wish Pantera continued to make good music like that. It's a shame they sold out and wasted all their potential.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 8:46 pm

Hey, I'm a big fan of both eras. I seriously wish Vinnie would re-release these four early albums, with bonus tracks maybe. They're seriously some killer 80s rock/metal releases.

I think this song is my favorite from the four early albums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHzISQ9mYqg

Heavy metal rules! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 8:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxwRq8AchlY

If Phil could only still sing like that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:07 pm

And since I'm sitting here watching Pantera videos, here's a song called "Over And Out." I love Dime's guitar work in the one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufVYdt0Nl3s (fan-made)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 10:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Hey, I'm a big fan of both eras. I seriously wish Vinnie would re-release these four early albums, with bonus tracks maybe. They're seriously some killer 80s rock/metal releases.

Heavy metal rules! 🤘

Man, I'd love for them to release those pre-Cowboy albums. I have no doubt that Vinnie will release them someday, probably on his Big Vin label. Hopefully sooner than later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:24 am

Yeah, I used to love Pantera back in the 80s. I got ahold of their "Power Metal" album on tape and that thing kicked my booty sideways.

It was sad watching them turn into a metalcore piece of crap band. I like everything up until "Far Beyond Driven" though - so that's most of their stuff.

I'd love them to reissue those first 4 albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:28 am

blackieboy wrote:
Yeah, I used to love Pantera back in the 80s. I got ahold of their "Power Metal" album on tape and that thing kicked my booty sideways.

It was sad watching them turn into a metalcore piece of crap band. I like everything up until "Far Beyond Driven" though - so that's most of their stuff.

How can you like Far Beyond Driven and not the follow-ups? They never went metalcore, nor anywhere close to that style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Heavy metal rules! 🤘
Man, I'd love for them to release those pre-Cowboy albums. I have no doubt that Vinnie will release them someday, probably on his Big Vin label. Hopefully sooner than later.
I would like to think so, but something tells me his anger toward Rex and Phil will keep this from happening, unless Rex and Phil sign over all rights to Vinnie and the other singers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:38 am

I have all four pre-cowboys on cd. Reborn Metal Classics.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:01 am

I like every album they've done except Southern Trendkill.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 9:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Heavy metal rules! 🤘
I would like to think so, but something tells me his anger toward Rex and Phil will keep this from happening, unless Rex and Phil sign over all rights to Vinnie and the other singers.

Was there another singer besides Phil and Terry? And is Rex playing with Down or did they get someone else?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 10:11 am

The intro for that cheesy video is priceless. I'd like to have it as an animated .gif avatar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

How can you like Far Beyond Driven and not the follow-ups? They never went metalcore, nor anywhere close to that style.

I said I like them all UP TO "Far Beyond Driven". I don't like that one either.

Their last good album to my ears is "Cowboys from Hell". That's a great one - but it is a step down from "Power Metal".

Many people consider Pantera as the godfathers of metalcore. They were one of the first bands to do the 'pipsqueak' pig squeelin' to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:09 pm

I love everything up to Vulgar Display! Correct me if i'm wrong but as far as i know Pantera were the only glam band to successfully switch over to a post/modern thrash band. BTW Dime was amazing!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Heavy metal rules! 🤘

him rereleasing those would be a cash in. after all this time of trying to deny those albums as bonafide Pantera releases & acting ashamed of them. i certainly wouldn't buy them. i already own them (except Projects).

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:36 pm

Quote :
/him rereleasing those would be a cash in.

I agree wholeheartedly. Why else would he do it? Artistic integrity? Because he loves fans? Nope. Cash. After the Hellyea project fizzles out and Vinnie is left with nothing but some Dimebag demos (and the profits from the strip-club), those pre-Cowboy releases are gonna look pretty sweet.

I can read the press release already...

"After many years, we've (me & a team of lawyers) decided that we want to honor my brother's legacy as a true guitar hero and clean out the vaults. Because ,YOU, the fans demanded it, we are re-releasing all of Pantera's recorded material, even the faggy-glam stuff. The albums will come with all new art work to replace that crappy panther that my 4-yr old nephew drew and contain all the regular tracks, plus some poorly recorded demos, live material from our momma's basement, Dime belching into a mic and anything else we can come up with. This ain't about money. It's about my brother's legacy. The re-issues will be available for sale in regular cd-format, super-duper digi packs, ultra-deluxe 4 cd/3 dvd box set, A,E, I, O and , U-tunes, and some other bizzarre format that hasn't even been invented yet".

And you know what? I'll be right there to buy 'em.

Last edited by on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I can read the press release already...

"After many years, we've (me & a team of lawyers) decided that we want to honor my brother's legacy as a true guitar hero and clean out the vaults. Because ,YOU, the fans demanded it, we are re-releasing all of Pantera's recorded material, even the faggy-glam stuff. The albums will come with all new art work to replace that crappy panther that my 4-yr old nephew drew and contain all the regular tracks, plus some poorly recorded demos, live material from our momma's basement, Dime belching into a mic and anything else we can come up with. This ain't about money. It's about my brother's legacy. The re-issues will be available for sale in regular cd-format, super-duper digi packs, ultra-deluxe 4 cd/3 dvd box set, A,E, I, O and , U-tunes, and some other bizzarre format that hasn't even been invented yet".

And you know what? I'll be right there to buy 'em.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:39 pm

haha, pretty funny man
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 1:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

yep that sounds pretty official lol!

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 2:34 pm

I have those 4 first PANTERA albums on vinyls and nothing else by the band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 4:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Was there another singer besides Phil and Terry? And is Rex playing with Down or did they get someone else?
Yeah, Terry only sang on Metal Magic, I think. Another dude on I Am The Night and Projects In The Jungle. Or it might be the other way around.

Anyway, I don't think something like this would be a cash-in move. First off, Vinnie has no need for money. There's no way he'd need something like a cash-in. Secondly, if it were released it would more than likely be for Dime's fans. Thirdly, this notion of them trying to deny their past is about as silly as the notion that had Cliff not died Metallica would still be playing thrash. I've never once read where Pantera denies their past. They've always said that they were young and that they just steadily got heavier and heavier as time went on. A natural progression, not an attempt to outrun their past.

The fact remains that had Pantera re-released those albums at their mainstream peak, it would have been seriously damaging to their careers, as making fun of 80s rock/metal bands in the 90s was the cool thing to do. People would have torn them to shreds. Smart business move, if you ask me, but I surely never heard them band denounce their past works. This always seemed like something made up by a Metal Sludge and adopted by the Blabbermouth turds.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 4:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yeah, Terry only sang on Metal Magic, I think. Another dude on I Am The Night and Projects In The Jungle. Or it might be the other way around.

Terry was the singer on each of the first three albums. He was credited at "Terry Glaze" on the first one and then "Terrence Lee" on the subsequent two.

Pantera did have a different vocalist before Terry named Donnie Hart but he bailed before they recorded METAL MAGIC. Terry had been the band's second guitarist but when Donnie left he switched to lead vocals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Terry was the singer on each of the first three albums. He was credited at "Terry Glaze" on the first one and then "Terrence Lee" on the subsequent two.

Pantera did have a different vocalist before Terry named Donnie Hart but he bailed before they recorded METAL MAGIC. Terry had been the band's second guitarist but when Donnie left he switched to lead vocals.
Huh...didn't know that. He changed vocal styles from Metal Magic to I Am The Night. He got that higher-pitches 80s metal thing on I Am The Night, but not on Metal Magic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera   I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think this is pretty metal of 80s Pantera
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next