Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 5:40 am

The Goldbergs
American Housewife
Modern Family
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Deadwood Park(2007)-a man returns to his hometown of Eidolon Crossing years after his twin brother's disappearance.  Shortly after, he begins searching for the answers to his brother's abduction and the child murders that took place in the town years earlier.  He soon discovers the dark secret behind the murders and it's connection to an old abandoned amusement park the locals refer to as Deadwood Park.  I checked out this indie film after hearing positive things about it for years and overall I'd have to say I liked it and was impressed with what they pulled off with a small budget.  I'll give it 3 out of 5 chainsaws.

That's by the same guy who did Ice From The Sun isn't it?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 6:50 pm

The Goldbergs
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 7:34 pm

MASH
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 7:38 pm

007 wrote:
MASH

I have that whole series on DVD.  It's one of my "go to's" when there's absolutely nothing on TV or I don't feel like watching a movie.  I think the writing is brilliant.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 7:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
MASH

I have that whole series on DVD.  It's one of my "go to's" when there's absolutely nothing on TV or I don't feel like watching a movie.  I think the writing is brilliant.

I agree. I have the first 4 seasons in DVD but never did get around to picking up the later ones.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 5:33 am

tohostudios wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
Deadwood Park(2007)-a man returns to his hometown of Eidolon Crossing years after his twin brother's disappearance.  Shortly after, he begins searching for the answers to his brother's abduction and the child murders that took place in the town years earlier.  He soon discovers the dark secret behind the murders and it's connection to an old abandoned amusement park the locals refer to as Deadwood Park.  I checked out this indie film after hearing positive things about it for years and overall I'd have to say I liked it and was impressed with what they pulled off with a small budget.  I'll give it 3 out of 5 chainsaws.

That's by the same guy who did Ice From The Sun isn't it?
Yes, Eric Stanze.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Funny You Should Ask
Barney Miller
Coach
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Eastbound And Down Season 1
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Maniac (1980)

A deranged mama's boy goes around New York City killing and scalping women for his mannequin collection. A rather mundane story that seemed to drag except during the murders with some pretty good gore, courtesy of the great Time Savini.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 5:51 pm

^^ "Maniac" was one of the most notorious splatter flicks of its day, it's not much of a movie but those gore FX still hold up. (That shotgun scene, daaaamn!)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 5:55 pm

"All Through The House" (2015)

Yet another psycho in a Santa suit slaughters his way through a batch of horny suburbanites on Christmas Eve.
This flick was pretty standard slasher stuff till around the 3/4 mark, when it suddenly shifted gears into total WTF-ery. It's not a *great* flick by any means, but it's well made with lotsa Christmas-y atmosphere, some cute girls and some truly sicko gore. Compared to the other Yuletide horrors I've watched this season like "The Elf" and "A Christmas Slay," "All Through The House" looks like solid gold.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 6:02 pm

I finally finished season 8 of 'Law and Order: SVU; season 8
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 6:11 pm

I'm watching this tonight.  It's one of my favorite Christmas horror flicks; well executed. original and gory as hell.  It goes by various titles "Saint", "Saint Nick" or "Sint".  It's a fun watch if you don't mind subtitles.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 8:23 pm

^^ I saw "Saint" on Netflix a few years ago. They only had the English dubbed version, and it was one of the worst dubs I've heard since the glory days of Italian exploitation flicks. The English dialog was stilted,unrealistic, awkward and poorly acted. It didn't deter my enjoyment of the movie, though, it was still a hoot

*edit* Oh sh**, I just searched for it on a whim and "Saint" is on Hulu...and it looks like it's the original, subtitled version! Sweet! I will have to try to revisit it before the holidays are over.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ I saw "Saint" on Netflix a few years ago. They only had the English dubbed version, and it was one of the worst dubs I've heard since the glory days of Italian exploitation flicks. The English dialog was stilted,unrealistic, awkward and poorly acted. It didn't deter my enjoyment of the movie, though, it was still a hoot

*edit* Oh sh**, I just searched for it on a whim and "Saint" is on Hulu...and it looks like it's the original, subtitled version! Sweet! I will have to try to revisit it before the holidays are over.

Cool! I'll have to check that out.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 6:04 am

Triangle (2009)

A group of a friends aboard a sailboat encounter some mysterious weather and end up capsized in the middle of the ocean. However, they are soon "saved" by a passing ocean liner that appears to be deserted. They soon are in danger as they are stalked by an unknown assailant. Things then begin to get more bizarre. I thought this was a rather interesting movie with a pretty cool concept.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 10:04 pm

Watched WWE Smackdown tonight.  Now I'm watching "Chrisley Knows Best"

This is my "guilty pleasure" show.  I despise ALL "reality shows" ...except this one; and I can't really explain why.  The only reason I even know it exists is because it follows Smackdown.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 12:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Watched WWE Smackdown tonight.  Now I'm watching "Chrisley Knows Best"

This is my "guilty pleasure" show.  I despise ALL "reality shows" ...except this one; and I can't really explain why.  The only reason I even know it exists is because it follows Smackdown.

My wife watches that too. I lasted about 30 seconds before she threw me and my snarky comments out of the room.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 9:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm watching this tonight.  It's one of my favorite Christmas horror flicks; well executed. original and gory as hell.  It goes by various titles "Saint", "Saint Nick" or "Sint".  It's a fun watch if you don't mind subtitles.

I never got around to watching this Sunday but I watched it tonight.

I think this flick is just impressive all around.  Decent acting, nice set pieces, great gore and an original plot.  If you don't mind subtitles, I can't recommend this film highly enough.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 2:21 am

Blood Sucking Freaks(1978)-Cult horror/comedy about a stage show called Theater of the Macabre, where women are tortured and murdered, ran by the deranged owner Sardu, who also runs a white slavery ring and his hoping to take his show to Broadway.  Cannibalism, sadism, masochism and dismemberment is the soup of the day here.  This is a pretty nasty flick that even had a veteran horror fan like myself a little uncomfortable at times.  I wouldn't be surprised if Eli Roth got the idea for his Hostel series from this film as it's similar in places.  A pretty disturbing movie, but I only found it overall mildly entertaining as I felt it was a little dull in places.  I give it 2 out of 5 blood suckers.

Last edited by Leatherface on Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 5:48 am

^^^^ That was one strange flick. My friend's and I rented that back in the video store heyday and just couldn't believe our eyes as we watched.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 9:28 am

007 wrote:
^^^^  That was one strange flick. My friend's and I rented that back in the video store heyday and just couldn't believe our eyes as we watched.

Same here. Must've been about 30 years since I've seen that flick but it struck a nerve. Seeing them playing darts with the girl's ass as the target kinda leaves an impression on a young teen's mind.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 12:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:
^^^^  That was one strange flick. My friend's and I rented that back in the video store heyday and just couldn't believe our eyes as we watched.

Same here. Must've been about 30 years since I've seen that flick but it struck a nerve. Seeing them playing darts with the girl's ass as the target kinda leaves an impression on a young teen's mind.

Lots of scenes stuck with me the first time I saw that flick.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 37 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next