Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:10 pm

Laughing very hard

I was actually just curious what auto-correct changed to "erectile plant" since I've never seen the movie nor read the story.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:44 pm

I can't believe that it changed to begin with. Surely textile is a more common word.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:46 pm

Over the past week:

Big Sur
Hell or High Water
Orson Welles 'Othello'
UHF
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 5:56 pm

"Dr. Butcher, M.D." (1981)

The Americanized cut of 1980's Italian splatter-fest "Zombi Holocaust," in which an investigative team from New York travels to a South Seas island that's home to flesh-eating natives and a crazed doctor whose experiments on the locals have created a race of zombies. Whatever name this movie goes by, it's the same ridiculously gory nonsense. Fun to watch in a WTF sort of way but not a must-see by any means.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 5:57 pm

The Host (2006)

This Korean monster flick is very well made.  There are some comical bits, and some very emotional parts as we learn about the 3 generations of the family of protagonists.  The monster is mostly CGI but very well done with some unique means of locomotion.  This was my second time seeing this flick and I enjoyed it more this time around.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 2:34 am

Just got done watching a trippy ass time travel movie called Predestination. Will need to watch it again, but I think I got most of everything in it. If you like time travel stuff, check it out, I liked it a lot.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Just got done watching a trippy ass time travel movie called Predestination. Will need to watch it again, but I think I got most of everything in it. If you like time travel stuff, check it out, I liked it a lot.
That looks fascinating.  I'll have to check it out.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:32 am

tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
That looks fascinating.  I'll have to check it out.
It's a little far fetched, but what time travel movie isn't? Starts off kind of slow, and it's not one with much action, but it kept me curious to see how it all unfolds. Kinda had it figured out about half way through, but not completely.

It's also based off a Robert A Heinlein short (very short) story called All you Zombies.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:48 am

"Amityville 3-D" (1983)

A journalist who specializes in debunking supernatural phenomena moves into the famed house at 112 Ocean Avenue, planning to write an article on his experience. Naturally, this turns out to be a spectacularly bad decision for him and his family.

The third "Amityville" installment was released a year after Spielberg & Hooper's "Poltergeist" and borrows heavily from its plot, but it isn't nearly as much fun. The 3-D gimmick adds nothing to this slow moving flick full of cheap scares and even cheaper special effects. Useless trivia, "Amityville 3-D" features early-career performances by the then-unknown Meg Ryan and Lori ("Full House") Laughlin as a pair of teenyboppers!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Finally got around to watching:

Alien: Covenant

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:05 am

Jennifer's Body(2009)-When high school hottie Jennifer(Megan Fox) is sacrificed in a satanic ritual by a emo rock band, she becomes a Succubus, a man eating demon. Soon after, she begins to chomp on some of her male classmates. It's up to Jennifer's nerdy BFF, Needy, to try to stop her. I was looking forward to checking this horror/comedy out as I had heard good things about it. As it is, I thought the movie was decent, but it didn't exactly blow me away either. Worth a watch if you have to see every horror movie ever made, but that's about it. I give it 2 out of 5 chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 8:48 am

"Star Wars: The Last Jedi" (2017)

In the latest "Star Wars" epic, Rey tracks down Luke Skywalker for help discovering her Jedi destiny, then battles the evil Kylo Ren. Meanwhile Finn and Poe fight to save the remnants of the Rebellion from a final all-out assault.
"Last Jedi" got tons of hate from fanboys who were apparently pissed that the film didn't live up to the personal fan fictions they were carrying around in their heads... but I thought it was great fun and it still made about a bazillion dollars at the box office. So either I'm easy to please, or the haters simply need to get off of YouTube and out of the house more often.
Bring on Episode IX!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

In the latest "Star Wars" epic, Rey tracks down Luke Skywalker for help discovering her Jedi destiny, then battles the evil Kylo Ren. Meanwhile Finn and Poe fight to save the remnants of the Rebellion from a final all-out assault.
"Last Jedi" got tons of hate from fanboys who were apparently pissed that the film didn't live up to the personal fan fictions they were carrying around in their heads... but I thought it was great fun and it still made about a bazillion dollars at the box office. So either I'm easy to please, or the haters simply need to get off of YouTube and out of the house more often.
Bring on Episode IX!

lol!

Well said. I feel the same way as you about it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:18 am

007 wrote:

Maybe I'm just too old for such nonsense, but I don't understand the hate-campaign/toxic fanboy movement that surrounds the Star Wars franchise at all. It's a f**king movie, it's not a religion for cryin' out loud.

When I went to YouTube just now to get the movie's trailer for my previous post, the next half dozen or so clips in the "related videos" section next to it were things like "10 THINGS THAT WERE TOTALLY WRONG WITH LAST JEDI" or "WHY THE LAST JEDI WAS A TRAIN WRECK"... and I'm like "Who the f**k are these guys who make these videos? Who has this kind of free time?" Haha. These dudes are goin' "Wahhh! This movie didn't fill me with the same exact sense of wonder that the old ones did when I was 7, so I'm going to harass its cast and crew on Twitter! That'll show'em!"

There was a story on the A.V. Club entertainment-news web site just a few days ago about a group of angry fans who have prepared an "official manifesto" that they want to present to Lucasfilm/Disney - all this crap about how they refuse to be ignored any longer by the Powers that Be and they will not allow the franchise to remain into the wrong hands and blah blah blah. (If I can find it again I'll start a thread about it, cuz it was a hoot, especially if you read it while imagining it being spoken in Comic Book Guy's voice from "The Simpsons." Laughing very hard I'm like "good luck with that, fellas."

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Cardinals are off tonight and Gotham is over so it looks like a movie night at Toho's.  I need to figure out which of my recent acquisitions to watch, "Jeepers Creepers 3" or "Leatherface".  I'm leaning toward "Leatherface" because it's a "prequel" to the original featuring a teenage Leatherface.  That has me curious.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 12:24 am

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Bring on Episode IX!

lol!

Agreed. My only complaint is the slight overlength (one plot thread could have easily been excised). Otherwise, it stands for me as one of the greatest sci-fi adventures of the 21st Century. Director Rian Johnson was the PERFECT dude to let loose on this material.

The funniest thing about all the backlash is that most of it could be said about any entry in the original trilogy. These stories don't exist in a vacuum. Even Leonard Maltin said it best: “I can't think of a pop culture movie where this has been the degree of difference in reaction." While Last Jedi was critically acclaimed and a BO smash--not to mention four Oscar nominations--the fan base division is like mad war. Whatever, I cherished it enough to see it twice in a row--which is something I rarely do with any film.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 8:53 am

"Violent Cops" (aka "Crimebusters," 1976)

A soldier (Henry Silva) and a detective (Antonio Sabato) team up to investigate how common Italian street thugs are getting their hands on military-grade machine guns. Naturally, this leads to lots of shoot-outs, vehicle chases, and fist fights.  In other words, this is a pretty typical '70s "poliziotteschi" flick, i.e. short on plot (and logic) but loaded with cartoonish ultra-violence. Entertaining junk.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 10:42 am

The Conjuring (2016)

I tend to avoid modern horror movies because I find them rather boring and the only scares you get from them are the cheap sudden LOUD noises to wake you up. That said, there was nothing on last night so trolling around Netflix I cam across this and gave it a shot. I'm glad I did. Based on a real life case by demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this deals with a family moving into a farmhouse in New England that houses a dark presence. When things start to escalate, the Warrens are called in to help. There are some that you've probably seen in other haunted house pictures but this was an effective thriller.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 10:42 am

The Conjuring (2016)

I tend to avoid modern horror movies because I find them rather boring and the only scares you get from them are the cheap sudden LOUD noises to wake you up. That said, there was nothing on last night so trolling around Netflix I cam across this and gave it a shot. I'm glad I did. Based on a real life case by demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this deals with a family moving into a farmhouse in New England that houses a dark presence. When things start to escalate, the Warrens are called in to help. There are some that you've probably seen in other haunted house pictures but this was an effective thriller.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 9:30 am

"Battle Beyond the Stars" (1980)

When a peaceful planet is threatened by a galactic conqueror, they send a young emissary out into space to recruit mercenaries willing to help them fight the bad guys.
Roger Corman's "Star Wars" knock off is essentially "The Magnificent Seven" set in outer space, with surprisingly lavish (by Corman standards anyway) sets and effects and a cast full of familiar faces like Robert Vaughn, Sybil Danning, John Saxon, George Peppard and Richard "John Boy Walton" Thomas. It doesn't have an original bone in its body, but "Battle Beyond the Stars" is enjoyably cheesy comic-book fun.
Useless trivia: a young James Cameron, later of "Terminator" and "Titanic" fame, was an effects technician on this movie. Corman recycled special effects shots, set pieces and even bits of the musical score from "Battle" in other movies for years afterward, including "Space Raiders," "Forbidden World," and his aborted "Fantastic Four" adaptation.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 10:40 am

^^^ Sybil Danning looked smoking hot in that. I remember catching that on broadcast tv and they blurred out her cleavage ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 12:40 pm

007 wrote:
^^^  Sybil Danning looked smoking hot in that. I remember  catching that on broadcast tv and they blurred out her cleavage ! Laughing

Ha! Yea, I remember watching this movie a bunch of times on HBO as a kid and my Dad (who usually hated sci-fi stuff) would always look up from his newspaper whenever Sybil's character was on screen Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 pm

"Beast With a Gun" (aka "Mad Dog Killer" and "Ferocious," 1977)

A quartet of prison escapees rape, murder, and rob their way across the Italian countryside until a tough police inspector (Richard Harrison) makes it his personal mission to bring the gang's leader (Helmut Berger) to justice.
Yet another cheap, sleazy slab of Eurocrime, featuring the usual awkward dialog and poor dubbing, comically over-the-top ultra-violence, frequent plot holes and a decent amount of female eye candy (thanks to Austrian beauty Marisa Mell of "Danger! Diabolik" fame). Trashy fun!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:16 am

Started Like Cage season 2 on Netflix
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:14 pm

The Revenant - Wow, very brutal and beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 20 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next