Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Bloodlines : The Art & Life Of Vincent Castiglia
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 12:25 pm

American Beauty
The Good Doctor
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Bohemian Rhapsody
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Various college football games

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 8:46 pm

"The Terminator" (1984)

A cyborg assassin from the future lands in L.A. circa 1984 and attempts to rub out the woman who will someday give birth to the leader of the human resistance. Lotsa stuff gets shot, blown up and pulverized in this classic sci-fi shoot'em up that made Arnold Schwarzenegger an A-list action star and jump started the directing career of James "Titanic" Cameron. The Terminator saga has been diluted by all of the useless sequels but the original never gets old.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 8:55 pm

The Gorgon
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 4:59 pm

nevermore wrote:
The Gorgon

I watched that as well. I'm surprised I had never seen that before.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 6:37 pm

"Turkey Shoot" (aka "Escape 2000," 1982)

Inmates at a dystopian prison camp can win their freedom by taking part in a "game" where they're hunted by a group of rich-and-powerful types. If they can survive till sundown, they're free to go. What could possibly go wrong?
This Aussie b-movie is an ultra-violent, action packed, occasionally bizarre mix of sci-fi and shoot'em up, with a great cast and some occasional splashy gore. A fun slab of Ozploitation cheese!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Watched the very stressful but equally exciting Steelers win over the Jaguar.

Then Unfriended Dark Web.

For those not familiar with the Unfriended films they are techy thrillers, PG-13 so not gory or scary in the least, but these have been well written and are "good" for what they are. I do enjoy most of the BlumeHouse releases though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Turkey Shoot" (aka "Escape 2000," 1982)

Inmates at a dystopian prison camp can win their freedom by taking part in a "game" where they're hunted by a group of rich-and-powerful types. If they can survive till sundown, they're free to go. What could possibly go wrong?
This Aussie b-movie is an ultra-violent, action packed, occasionally bizarre mix of sci-fi and shoot'em up, with a great cast and some occasional splashy gore. A fun slab of Ozploitation cheese!

Hey! That trailer didn't have any dune buggy-driving werewolves! WTF???

Laughing very hard

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 6:25 am

The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 6:52 am

tohostudios wrote:

Hey!  That trailer didn't have any dune buggy-driving werewolves!   WTF???

Laughing very hard

Yeah, what the hell was the deal with the Random Werewolf Guy? Did they have a werewolf costume laying around and said "Yeah, just put it on that one guy over there?" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 11:15 am

007 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
The Gorgon

I watched that as well. I'm surprised I had never seen that before.

It was my first time seeing it as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Today I watched a classic episode from Season 2 of "Gotham:

I love it!  What other primetime show depicts a character getting obliterated by a rocket launcher?

That guy with the umbrella is Penguin BTW.  He'll always be Penguin to me just like Leonard Nimoy was always "Spock" in my mind. And the guy getting blown up is the re-animated mayor of Gotham; he was already dead once after Jim Gordon shot him. Looks like he'll stay dead this time.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 7:08 am

Day Off Double Feature:
"Eaten Alive!" (1976)

A hillbilly motel owner murders his annoying lowlife guests and feeds them to his pet alligator in the swamp out back. Yup, some real high concept stuff here. Very Happy
Tobe Hooper's follow up to "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is a weird, gory Southern Gothic mesh of "TCM" and "Psycho." It's not a great flick by any means but it's a watchable slice of 70s sleaze. Look for a young Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund in a supporting role.

"Tomb Invader" (2018)

Two-fisted lady archaeologist Alabama Channing (yes, really) jumps aboard an expedition to China (which looks suspiciously like a Southern California forest) to recover the priceless ancient artifact that her mother died trying to find 20 years prior. Cue the angry natives, falling rocks, poison darts, and other booby traps!
In case the title didn't give it away, this is The Asylum's cheese-and-crackers budget knock off of the recent "Tomb Raider" reboot, though it obviously borrows from the Indiana Jones saga as well. By Asylum standards, it wasn't bad, but of course that's still a long way from being actually "good."

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 8:52 am

What's Up, Doc? (1972)

4 identical plaid travel bags (1 contains rock samples, 1 has stolen government papers,1 with a huge jewelry collection. and 1 with just clothing) are accidentally mixed up at a San Francisco hotel, causing increasingly wild situations, with Ryan O'Neal and Barbra Sreisand (looking surprisingly attractive to me) caught in the middle. A fun film with a good climactic car chase through the streets of San Francisco.

Followed that up with movie on the opposite end of the genre spectrum:

Phantasm (1979)

Horror classic about strange goings on at the Morningside Mortuary, all caused by the villainous Tall Man (Angus Scrimm). I haven't seen this one in quite awhile and wondered how it would hold up. Pretty good, I think, although my wife (who had never seen it) didn't like the ending at all. Now to track down the remainders in the series." frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 4:37 pm

How can somebody NOT like the ending?????

That's the best part!   "Boooooyyyyyyy!!!!!"

I love that movie! It's a great mix of horror and sci fi. The second one is good, the third one is decent but after that they get pretty bad.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 5:26 pm

I revisited "Phantasm" a couple of years ago for the first time in a very long while and didn't really dig it either. As for the sequels, I got as far as "II" and then decided I was done with the series. I guess it's one of those things you either "get" or you don't. (shrugs)

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 5:29 pm

I understand not liking the movie in general because it does have pretty bad acting and drags in spots. But 007's wife groused about the ending; the movie has a bunch of flaws but the ending isn't one of them IMO.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 5:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I understand not liking the movie in general because it does have pretty bad acting and drags in spots.  But 007's wife groused about the ending; the movie has a bunch of flaws but the ending isn't one of them IMO.

The ending *is* pretty badass, I will admit. The 90 or so minutes leading up to it, though... not so much. Haha.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 8:36 pm

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 11:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I understand not liking the movie in general because it does have pretty bad acting and drags in spots.  But 007's wife groused about the ending; the movie has a bunch of flaws but the ending isn't one of them IMO.

I don't think it was the very ending itself but the events immediately before it.

Last edited by 007 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Zombieland
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 8:49 am

Most people seem to think Zombieland is great. I actually found most of it to be boring. It does have its moments but I think I'm just burnt out on the whole zombie genre in general.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 12:33 pm

I thought it was good, nothing more or less. It kept me entertained for 90 minutes, but it wasn't something I would have any interest in going back and rewatching. Kind of a one and done movie for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 34 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next