Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Last night I watched Jurassic World for the second time.  I liked it better this time around although it still seems kind of unnecessary. 

At least this time I recognized Chris Pratt IMMEDIATELY thanks to his ubiquitous Michelob commercials.  Geez those things have to have been a boon to his already surging career.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 6:16 pm

This Is Spinal Tap
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 6:18 pm

nevermore wrote:
This Is Spinal Tap

lol!Laughing very hardlol!Laughing very hard

That movie always cracks me up even though I've seen it a million times.   I usually pick up some subtle joke I never noticed in previous viewings.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39582

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 10:01 pm

The Mole People (1956)

A group of scientists (including Ward Cleaver) discover an underground society of pale skinned humans and their mutant slaves, the Mole People. Decent if not spectacular film.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 10:22 pm

That's on the Sci Fi compilation I bought several months back. I mainly got the comp for "Tarantula" which is the film that gave me arachnophobia but I also got it because Mole People is on it.  That flick used to be shown on all the "creature feature" shows that I grew up with on Saturdays on cable but somehow I never caught it. Haven't found the time to watch it yet.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:06 pm

I always likes the design of the Mole People costumes. Pretty effective for a 1956 movie.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 1:57 am

Masters of Horror:Incident On and Off a Mountain Road-when a young woman driving through the mountains is involved in a road accident, she soon finds herself being chased through the wilderness by a deformed killer named Moonface, who has a habit of removing his victims eyes. However, she soon fights back with skills taught to her by her survivalist husband and proves to be a tough challenger for the killer. The first entry in the MOH series is decent time killer, nothing more or less. Directed by Don Coscarelli (Phantasm). I give it 2 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Masters of Horror:Incident On and Off a Mountain Road-when a young woman driving through the mountains is involved in a road accident, she soon finds herself being chased through the wilderness by a deformed killer named Moonface, who has a habit of removing his victims eyes.  However, she soon fights back with skills taught to her by her survivalist husband and proves to be a tough  challenger for the killer.  The first entry in the MOH series is decent time killer, nothing more or less.  Directed by Don Coscarelli (Phantasm).  I give it 2 out of 5.

Yeah that one's OK.  I did enjoy the Angus Scrimm cameo.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 10:12 pm

Tonight I watched Celebrity Undercover Boss feat. Stephanie McMahon thanks to my Dad's heads-up tip.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 5:30 am

tohostudios wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
Masters of Horror:Incident On and Off a Mountain Road-when a young woman driving through the mountains is involved in a road accident, she soon finds herself being chased through the wilderness by a deformed killer named Moonface, who has a habit of removing his victims eyes.  However, she soon fights back with skills taught to her by her survivalist husband and proves to be a tough  challenger for the killer.  The first entry in the MOH series is decent time killer, nothing more or less.  Directed by Don Coscarelli (Phantasm).  I give it 2 out of 5.

Yeah that one's OK.  I did enjoy the Angus Scrimm cameo.
I agree. That was my favorite part too. Scrimm really looked like he had fun with the roll. He really chewed the scenery.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Terror Of Mechagodzilla (1975)

The 2nd worst Godzilla movie of the original series, this is a direct sequel to the earlier Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla wherein the aliens rebuild MG for another assault on Earth. This time around, they have help from a disgruntled Earth scientist who controls a dinosaur named Titanosaurus. This one is rather weak, with cheap effects (including one scene where a miniature jeep coming toward the camera rolls right off the set), poor cinematography (the film cuts in weird places where a character just disappears from a scene), and some lapses in logic (the scientist is disgruntled for being ostracized because he claims to have discovered and can control a dinosaur...in a world populated by kaiju). I think this film tanked for Toho, causing them to take a break from films for 9 years. They would wipe the slate clean and start over with The Return Of Godzilla (1984). It was released to theaters over here as Godzilla 1985.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 5:06 pm

That Terror of MG is a turd.  In fact I'm not a fan of ANY of the mechagodzilla movies, even the newer ones.  I just think that kaiju character is stupid because he sucks as a machine; he's always malfunctioning.  Unlike Mecha King Ghidorah who I think was cool.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 6:49 pm

"Detroit 9000" (1973)

Two Motown cops - one white, one black - are assigned to solve a theft from a political candidate's campaign fund, mixing it up with pimps, hookers and smugglers along the way, in this ultra-violent blaxploitation flick. Silly but entertaining.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 1:49 pm

"Lightning Bolt" (aka "Operation Goldman," 1966)

A secret agent is assigned to investigate rocket sabotage on Cape Kennedy, and discovers a plot to dominate Earth by a beer-baron super villain with his own secret headquarters at the bottom of the ocean. Yikes!
This campy, cheesy-but-fun Italian spy flick is one of the better James Bond knock offs of the mid '60s, with lots of pretty girls and cheap but effective sets and special effects.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Ring Of Honor
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Alice
Barney Miller
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Factory Girl
Othello
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 10:14 am

"Who The F**k Is That Guy?" (2017)

Documentary profile of Michael Alago, an '80s NYC club kid and music geek who went on to become a powerhouse A&R executive. This is the guy who signed Metallica to Elektra Records when he was barely old enough to drink, then went on to work with a host of other artists/bands across the genre spectrum. Various members of Metallica, White Zombie, Metal Church, the Misfits, the Cro-Mags and many more provide commentary on an interesting guy who's definitely led an interesting life.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Silver Bullet (1985)

A wheelchair bound boy, his sister, and alcoholic uncle decide to take action when they discover that the recent violent murders occurring in their small town are the work of a werewolf, in this Stephen King adaptation. Not a bad suspenseful film, with the transformation scenes being rather effective. However, once you get to see the werewolf clearly, it doesn't look quite right and rather cheap.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 8:39 am

Over the last two nights:

Lucifer seasons 1 & 2

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 11:18 am

Out Of Time with Eva Mendes and Denzel Washington. I think that's the right title lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 11:27 am

The Dead Zone (1983)

Christopher Walken as a man awakened from a coma after 5 years due to a car wreck. He soon discovers that he has psychic powers. This leads him to helping the police catch a serial rapist/murderer and even scarier, a politician in the crash track to the presidency and all out nuclear war. Very effective.

The Graveyard Shift (1990)

A drifter wanders into a small town and lands a job at erectile plant. He gets put on the graveyard shift tasked with cleaning out the basement. However the basement is infested with rats along with a creature bent on devouring them all. This was rather fun of the mill but not a total time waster.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 3:48 pm

Quote :

A drifter works where?????

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 6:38 pm

"Last Action Hero" (1993)

Thanks to a "magic ticket," a young film buff suddenly finds himself transported into his favorite shoot-em-up film franchise, where he fights bad guys alongside his hero "Jack Slater" (Arnold Schwarzenegger). This flick wants to be a tongue in cheek parody of action-movie cliches' and while it isn't always successful, it's got enough goofy in-jokes amidst the butt kicking and stuff blowing up to keep most viewers entertained. My 10 year old son got a huge kick out of this one.

The behind-the-scenes drama of making "Last Action Hero" has become a legendary Hollywood cautionary tale that's almost more interesting than the actual film, involving major budget overruns, frequent rewrites, disastrous test screenings, and last minute editing.  To add insult to injury, "Last Action Hero" opened the week after "Jurassic Park" in the summer of 1993, which totally crushed it at the box office. Ahh-nuld's film career never completely recovered.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 7:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

A drifter works where?????

lol! Textile plant! Damn auto correct
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 19 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next