Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beer!

Go down 
+20
Troublezone
James B.
anthrax_fan
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
Lari
glassprison
Boris2008
bassman
Stender
exact33
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
nevermore
Fat Freddy
akeldama
Dark Horseman
tohostudios
DeathCult
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2020 8:53 pm

Well it's that time of year again:

Beer! - Page 23 Ci-schlafly-pumpkin-ale-16111d4dbf7e1bed

This stuff is soooo tasty!  Too bad most of the country can't experience it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39182

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2020 11:16 pm

Yeah that's still not available in my area, not that I would drink a pumpkin ale though.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 9:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Well it's that time of year again:

Beer! - Page 23 Ci-schlafly-pumpkin-ale-16111d4dbf7e1bed

This stuff is soooo tasty!  Too bad most of the country can't experience it.

Being part of the country where it's not found my search for pumpkin beer led me to this:

Beer! - Page 23 C8d33c789ece12d14a1394b1b44ebdca_large
Beer! - Page 23 Elysian-pumpkin-lineup

Yesterday I had this one:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/700/39497/

More of the roasted chocolate stout part of this with the pumpkin and spice taste being very subtle. However, one of the more smoother stouts I've had so it was a nice one.

Having this one now:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/700/7077/

Much more of the pumpkin and spices noticeable in this one (figures as it's not a stout). Of the pumpkin ales I've had, this one appears to be a keeper.

Interested to see how the other two are (bot rated outstanding but that means nothing with my finicky taste buds) but so far so good!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 2:07 pm

No pumpkin beers for me this far this season, but I just finished polishing off a six of Yuengling's Oktoberfest blend, which was damn tasty. I highly recommend it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 5:56 pm

I've had those Elysian pumpkin beers.  The imperial pumpkin ale and pumpkin stout are good.  I wasn't too thrilled with the other two.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 9:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've had those Elysian pumpkin beers.  The imperial pumpkin ale and pumpkin stout are good.  I wasn't too thrilled with the other two.

Drinking the Imperial right now. Certainly the best of the bunch so far. Pumpkin and spices noticeable but not too thick or cloying. Much better once it warmed up a bit. Not one of those you drink immediately out of the fridge. Notice that a lot when it comes to higher ABV beers.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 9:24 am

In the beer store yesterday, lookin for something different, and thought a Hershey Chocolate infused brew seemed appropriate for Halloween:

Beer! - Page 23 5f733c459fa65.image

Not bad, but not anything I would buy again. The chocolaty smell was actually better than the taste. It was very smooth, though!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2020 9:09 am

Tossed a few Moose Drool down the neck yesterday, after the honey do list got a couple of items crossed out.

I like my beer dark, just like my men Laughing very hard

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2020 3:42 pm

Moose Drool was one of the first beers I tried when I swore off the mass marketed ones. Haven't had one in ages but I remember thinking "This is what beer is supposed to taste like."

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2020 4:32 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Speaking of stout, I had one recently that was so tasty, I'm going to attempt to find a couple of six packs of it (they are in cans and are released on a rotating basis):

Beer! - Page 23 519196d8e1125c3ce963abfb79a2a3e7
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/41762/258553/

The taste for me was riminicent of Dannon coffee yogurt (my favorite yogurt of all time) so it was a sweet, creamy stout that was incredibly easy to drink for someone whom many stouts are a chore to finish. Might be the best stout I've ever had!

After not finding this one last year, I made sure to buy three four packs. 2 for now and one to "cellar". Love this thing!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2020 6:10 pm

That sounds great! I like Southern Tier's Crème Brulee stout so I'm sure I'd like that. But if that's as sweet as Southern Tier's version it's definitely a sipper and only one per sitting because it's so dang sweet.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2020 7:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
In the beer store yesterday, lookin for something different, and thought a Hershey Chocolate infused brew seemed appropriate for Halloween:

Beer! - Page 23 5f733c459fa65.image

Not bad, but not anything I would buy again. The chocolaty smell was actually better than the taste. It was very smooth, though!

I got a six pack of that on Friday. And like you, I don't think its that bad but I doubt I'd get it again.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 7:05 pm

I met my former coworker/PA-native today to pickup some goodies he bought for me back in the "homeland".

I ordered two rings of ring bologna and a pound of Lebanon bologna (any of you from the area know what those are and that you can't get them anywhere else in the country).  He also threw in two bottles of the Yuengling Hershey's Porter so I'll get to taste that too.  So this was a good day for me.

EDIT: So after a couple of my typical evening brews I'm trying this Yuengling Hershey beer. It's not bad by any stretch but in comparison to my usual beer fare this is like water. It's got a decent flavor and it's definitely better than mass-produced swill like Budweiser but would I actively seek this beer out? Nope. Which I think is pretty much the same conclusion the rest of you beer fans came to.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 6:34 pm

Beer! - Page 23 Ptrlivfirstdraft04081515

Picked up a case of Kaiser Pile from the local Penn Brewery. I haven't had any yet but it has good previews.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/125/8353/
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 8:12 pm

Made a beer run across the MO River to my favorite beer store (now known as "Dogwood Liquor"). Spent a small fortune and found some great beers. Out of curiosity I also got a four-pack of Guinness Gingerbread Imperial Stout. I was pretty skeptical but I just opened one and it's not bad. A little too heavy on the ginger and cinnamon maybe but it's 11% ABV which surprises me for a Guinness beer since they're pretty mainstream. Probably not something I'd buy again but better than I expected.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 10:21 pm

Enjoying my creme brulee stout in a Legend of Zelda pint glass I recently got.

Beer! - Page 23 Win_2010

First time I've had this beer out of it's can. I can definitely taste the difference, will probably drink it this way from now on.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 6:25 pm

I always use a glass for beer. It definitely makes a difference.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 8:39 pm

Here's some that I got from HEB (a Texas based grocery store) that will catch Toho's eye:

Beer! - Page 23 20201210

It's two variants of the 2020 batch of Goose Island's limited edition stouts. As well as the regular one (I liked the previous year's one enough to get some), there was an oatmeal stout version. Being that these are pricey (the oatmeal one is twice as much) I only got two of each. One for now and one to "cellar".

I put that in quotations as the only way I can do it is in the fridge. I understand doing that in temps below 55 degrees means it slows the process but I at least keep them in drawers that are tinted so it at least keeps light out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 3:23 pm

Yep. I've been rounding up the 2020 GI BCS variants too. They're good but just not worth the price. I just grab a bottle of each variant so I can satisfy my curiosity. I think I'm only missing one from this year.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 9:54 pm

Last night and tonight I had some dessert beers. Last night I had this:

Beer! - Page 23 4b1a2cbf7632e342847f244d78838732_640x640

Beer Advocate doesn't have much on this so it was pretty much a crapshoot. Turned out pretty good if you like gingerbread, certainly not a drain pourer for my tastes.

Though it doesn't compare to the one I'm having tonight:

Beer! - Page 23 Beer-3560561_53941_hd
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31272/487445/

Very good dessert beer without the aftertaste so many stouts leave in my mouth! Probably too sweet for most here, but just right for me.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 3:55 am

My niece drew my name for Christmas and knowing I like beer, she got me some beer glasses and a small keg of beer. The glasses were IPA glasses and the beer was a Kölsch. I don't really do IPAs and the beer is one I can safely say I don't care for. However, it is the thought that counts. Luckily, a while back I found a double IPA I really like that I posted here before:

Beer! - Page 23 Bc7a7163999d67baedfe41956ccf93a4_640x640

Having it in one of my new glasses and just like the last time I went to a glass, makes the beer just that much better!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 2:35 pm

Double IPAs are decent enough. I really like triple IPAs but they're hard to find. I bought Stone's black IPA on my last beer run. It's OK but it's a little too IPA-ish for me. Black IPAs seem to be hit or miss with me.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 2:54 pm

Yeah, I haven't seen any triple IPAs (in individual bottles anyways, I'm not buying a pack of something I might not end up drinking) so haven't given any of those a go. With doubles, I've found a few that were drinkable (Fear Movie Lions being the best one) but most of them were too bitter for me. I did find a black IPA once but it was also too bitter (probably as you said, too IPA-ish). I still try new ones when I find them (losing a few bucks on a bottle or can that turns into a drain pourer is an expense I can handle) but I will probably put a halt to it if I get anymore duds.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 4:07 pm

Beer and alcohol sales should skyrocket for obvious reasons. It helps to numb the pain. Lol
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 7:02 pm

I do have a couple 4 packs of Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA (it's a triple) aging in the basement and I know those are great but good grief are they expensive; a 4 pack is about $30.

Beer! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beer!   Beer! - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beer!
Page 23 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next