Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town

Go down 
+13
Lari
Shawn Of Fire
anthrax_fan
Addy
Big Rich
Boris2008
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
Stender
Wrecked Neck
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Empty
PostSubject: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 3:59 pm

You get it.

A few from the Greater Minneapolis/St Paul metro area:

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Only one that comes to mind for me was this band out of Las Vegas.

Actually saw them perform in a skating rink once with a bunch of other local metal bands. They were the best band of the night for sure.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:33 pm

There was a band from Vegas called Requiem that put out a KILLER album! Gonna go crank it now.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:34 pm

And then after looking at the Apocrypha band members page on metal archives, I saw this band I had forgotten about. I loved this band, think I used to have one or two of their demo tapes.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Grisley artwork bro!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:39 pm

more from vegas [and our very own Shannon]:

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:50 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
There was a band from Vegas called Requiem that put out a KILLER album!  Gonna go crank it now.
Nice! Never heard of them, but will check them out.

Have to give a shameless plug for my long time friends band called Nebula X. I've known their guitarist/singer since elementary school. I've never seen them play live, and his lazy ass won't send me any cds, but they are really good. They sing about half their songs in English, and the other half in Spanish. They've also opened for some big name bands, Metal Church and Prong and I'm sure some others I don't know of.

Anyways, check ' em out. Pretty sure this song was written by him a very long time ago, under a different band he had called Mortality.

And something more recent.

Killer band, and I ain't just saying but cause my bro is in the band. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 4:55 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
more from vegas [and our very own Shannon]:

Damn they are pretty good might have to hunt down a CD soon.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Here's a live video of Nebula X. As you can see in the background, they were opening for Flotsam and Jetsam that night. Really a trip seeing this, since me and him were kids listening to these bands on record players wishing we were them, and there he is on stage that they will be on. Yeah I'm jealous lol
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
And then after looking at the Apocrypha band members page on metal archives, I saw this band I had forgotten about. I loved this band, think I used to have one or two of their demo tapes.

Oh sick! My godmother grew up in Vegas in the mid late 80s and told me about this band one time. Apparently there was a bunch of bands that would set up stages in the Nevada testing site and would play shows, Papsmear was one of them I think along with FSP and 5150. Do you remember any of that?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 10:29 pm

Stender wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Oh sick! My godmother grew up in Vegas in the mid late 80s and told me about this band one time. Apparently there was a bunch of bands that would set up stages in the Nevada testing site and would play shows, Papsmear was one of them I think along with FSP and 5150. Do you remember any of that?
I personally don't, but I know bands would set up in the middle of the desert and play shows. they would bring out generators for power and jam out. It was just another excuse to party, not that we needed an excuse. Unfortunately I only went to one of those types of parties, it was located at a cave out past Ann Road. Bet your grandmother knows where that cave was.

Jesus, I grew up in the late 80's, how freakin old are you?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Hades was from my area (Northern NJ). I believe Dan Lorenzo (guitarist) lived in the same town as me at one time:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 10:42 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Stender wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I personally don't, but I know bands would set up in the middle of the desert and play shows. they would bring out generators for power and jam out. It was just another excuse to party, not that we needed an excuse. Unfortunately I only went to one of those types of parties, it was located at a cave out past Ann Road. Bet your grandmother knows where that cave was.

Godmother not grandmother...haha. She is in her late 40s now probably, just a cool ass lady that I knew, but yeah, that was her scene.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 10:53 pm

All their demos have recently been collected and reissued by Divebomb.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 11:35 pm

Stender wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Stender wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Godmother not grandmother...haha. She is in her late 40s now probably, just a cool ass lady that I knew, but yeah, that was her scene.
Doh! Damn dyslexia kicking in lol Thats cool though, I bet her and I have bumped into each other somewhere at least once. You happen to know what high school she went go?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 11:39 pm

That Nebula X band is very very good. Are their albums still available?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 11:59 pm

Gilbert wrote:
That Nebula X band is very very good. Are their albums still available?
No clue. I've tried to get one myself, and gave him my address twice, but he never sent me the cd. I don't think they have a lot of them available, certainly nothing you can order off of sites like Amazon or anything. I did catch something on Facebook the other day about him in the studio. Hopefully they are making a new album soon, and I can get a couple copies.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 1:05 am

Lethal

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 4:51 am

All pretty local bands
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 8:37 am

Manowar.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Since im from CT the only one i can think of is

Fates Warning (know the original singer)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Addy wrote:
Since im from CT the only one i can think of is

Fates Warning  (know the original singer)

Liege Lord was from Connecticut too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 1:25 am

Sweet Danger
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 8:36 am

Raleigh NC - WALPYRGUS

Wilmington NC - WIDOW

PostSubject: Re: Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town   Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool unknown traditional [or other] metal from your town
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next