Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P Tom Petty

Go down 
+10
exact33
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
Boris2008
Citanul
nevermore
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
mikeinfla
Addy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Cardiac Arrest, RIP Mr Petty The Rock N Roll world has truly lost an icon today and the world is a bit darker with his passing.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Oh no! Sad day indeed. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:02 pm

One of my girlfriends in college looked like the girl in this video. All my friends called her the Tom Petty chick.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:16 pm

Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 9:19 pm

He's not dead. It's a hoax. He did get hospitalized over the weekend, however.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Required Fields wrote:
He's not dead. It's a hoax. He did get hospitalized over the weekend, however.

He hasn't passed yet. But there's no brain activity due to full cardiac arrest. So it's not a hoax. But with no brain activity it's only a matter time. Sad
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 12:24 am

It looks like it's been confirmed now. R.I.P.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/03/entertainment/tom-petty-obit/index.html
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 4:45 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 8:00 am

Yeah CBS jumped the gun and of course it all trickled from there. But yeah its now confirmed Sad RIP Mr Petty you might be gone but your music and legacy live on
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 8:27 am

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 10:00 pm

A great musician and a great loss!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 12:34 pm

Maybe it was due to feeling fairly numb, as it pertained to the massacre in Las Vegas, but an awful day was compounded by losing Tom Petty. Even though I always enjoyed his music with the Heartbreakers and Mudcrutch, I never really got deeply invested until the last five or so years. My younger brother was a huge fan of his. There was a period in the early to mid 90's where it seemed like that was all he listened to. I still haven't even gotten a hold of him about his death...

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 7:19 pm

RIP Mr. Petty. You were fantastic!

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 9:34 am

Ive been a fan of Tom Petty since i first heard Full Moon Fever, ever since I've always kept tabs on his stuff and Wildflowers is my favorite album i think, I liked the mudcrutch stuff

Favorite live performance was doing Honeybee in 1994/95 with Dave Grohl on drums on SNL
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 7:08 am

Was the cause of death ever released?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 8:31 am

Nothing has been release yet as far as I know. His death is listed as "deferred".
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 8:35 am

I thought the cause was listed as cardiac arrest. surprised
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 9:24 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Nothing has been release yet as far as I know. His death is listed as "deferred".

That's the last I saw too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 am

007 wrote:
I thought the cause was listed as cardiac arrest. surprised

Yea, I just assumed it was heart failure from years of drug abuse. He did tons of coke back in the day. Even if was cleaned-up in recent years, the abuse took it's toll.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 10:33 pm

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tom Petty's family says his death last year was due to an accidental drug overdose.

His wife and daughter released the results of Petty's autopsy via a statement Friday on his Facebook page. Dana and Adria Petty say they got the results from the coroner's office earlier in the day that the overdose was due to a variety of medications.

The statement was posted moments before the Los Angeles coroner's office issued its official findings, which confirmed that Petty had a mix of prescription painkillers, sedatives and an antidepressant. Among the medications found in his system were fentanyl and oxycodone.

Petty suffered from emphysema, a fractured hip and knee problems that caused him pain, the family said, but he was still committed to touring.

He had just wrapped up a tour a few days before he died in October at age 66.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 7:31 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 5:50 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Sad

agreed. It is hard to hear someone did not take their meds as prescribed.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 4:56 pm

exact33 wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Sad

agreed. It is hard to hear someone did not take their meds as prescribed.

And yet it's happening all of the time! Fentanyl in particular is really, really powerful stuff to be handing out. It's what caused Prince's overdose and reportedly Delores O'Riorden's death as well Shocked
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2018 8:35 pm

That's a shame. And yea, that fentanyl is some nasty stuff. Even under the best, supervised conditions, that stuff is dangerous.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2018 7:12 am

I recently read that there are now more people that Overdose on prescription meds than illegal drugs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.I.P Tom Petty Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tom Petty   R.I.P Tom Petty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Tom Petty
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next