Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

any Tom Petty fans in the house?

Go down 
+18
rattpoison
Wargod
Troublezone
Jesusandmetal23
MetalRob331
jstate
manny
Schbopo
EvyMetal
akeldama
Ford.Prefect
Neuropete
stepcousin
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Addy
Orion Crystal Ice
Metallic Blaze
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

any Tom Petty fans in the house? Empty
PostSubject: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 am

I've been a fan of Tom Petty since high school. I heard the song "Free Falling" and went out and got the album. Been into his music ever since.

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:30 am

Lost my fandom when I learned that 'Mary Jane's Last Dance' was not, in fact, about necrophilia.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:45 am

BIG Fan of Mr Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:08 am

Eh, I don't hate him.

I have his greatest hits collection and that's more than enough for me.

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 am

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, up to and including Southern Accents, is top shelf, catchy Rock N Roll...beyond that, I'm not really interested.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:07 am

Liked the hits and owned the Greatest Hits disc for a long time, but I lost interest a long time ago.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:41 am

I hated him back when he was popular and overplayed'80-86-ish. Recently I am becoming a big fan. My buddy had the new dvd thats like 8 hours of stuff and his career is pretty incredible, being the first artist to ever fight against the corporate record companies and win back in '79.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:25 am

I'll mention that the documentary Runnin' Down a Dream is very good too. I didn't see the whole thing (it's like 4 hours long) but I saw a good 3 hour clip and found it to be very interesting. And that's coming from a casual fan of the band.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:38 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I've been a fan of Tom Petty since high school. I heard the song "Free Falling" and went out and got the album. Been into his music ever since.

Anyone else?

Yup, I have about 9 of his CDs. As a matter of fact, I picked up "Wildflowers" for $2 bucks at a used CD shop last weekend. I can't believe I had overlooked this gem from '94. Very good... it was more back-to-basics than the Lynn produced albums (not a complaint... I love the stuff Lynn produced too). My favorite album is probably "Damn the Torpedos".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Quote :
Eh, I don't hate him.

I have his greatest hits collection and that's more than enough for me.

+1
Back to top Go down
Ford.Prefect
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ford.Prefect

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:22 pm

I saw him live out here in San Diego about 3 years ago.. PRetty good show.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Addy wrote:
BIG Fan of Mr Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

THIS.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:37 pm

I have Hard Promises by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. And Wallflowers by Tom Petty. I would like to get into more of his music, but I'm confined to these two Cd's and the hits that frequent the radio.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'll mention that the documentary Runnin' Down a Dream is very good too. I didn't see the whole thing (it's like 4 hours long) but I saw a good 3 hour clip and found it to be very interesting. And that's coming from a casual fan of the band.

Oh Heck Yeah I have that on DVD I love watching that
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Id like to get more by him I got

GH
Wildflowers
Echo
The Last DJ
Southern Accents

I also got the Documentry on DVD the 4 disk one...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 pm

I need to get more of his stuff.

I currently only have:

Full Moon Fever (this is my favorite)
and
Wildflowers

both are quite good.

Last edited by Metallic Blaze on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:52 pm

I love Wildflowers

Id like to get Damn the Torpedos and Playback (the box set)

one song I really like is Depot Street which I think was originally a Mudcrutch tune
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Wildflowers is the only thing I've ever actually stolen from a store. If it makes up for it though, I bought Greatest Hits fair and square.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Wildflowers is the only thing I've ever actually stolen from a store. If it makes up for it though, I bought Greatest Hits fair and square.

SINNER!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 am

Schbopo wrote:

Geez, if you're gonna break the law, at least steal something cool, like a bottle of Jack and a Slayer cd. Anything's better than Tom Petty. any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_razz

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:01 pm

He's young, he has to work up to that.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Theres nothing wrong with Tom Petty
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:11 pm

He is another one of those artists that everyone seems to like ..but me.

I do have alot of respect for the guy despite not liking his music, he has managed to hold on to his success for over 30 years.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:28 pm

I liked the duet with Axl Rose doing free fallin back in like 88
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:38 pm

manny wrote:
He is another one of those artists that everyone seems to like ..but me.

I do have alot of respect for the guy despite not liking his music, he has managed to hold on to his success for over 30 years.

Yea, I've always enjoyed his "stick-it-to-the-record-company" attitude. He's managed to carve out a nice little living for himself, doing things his way. I admire that.

PostSubject: Re: any Tom Petty fans in the house?   any Tom Petty fans in the house? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

any Tom Petty fans in the house?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next